Character Designs - Update
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow Character Designs - Update

Last edited by F87; May 16th, 2009 at 02:30 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good pics, very cool style. They're only WIPs so there's a lot of stuff I assume you'll dust off in the natural course of things, but the only things I can see that seem a bit wrong are that you seem to draw legs very long in comparsion to the relatively small bodies, and on the first image (the sword one), the position she's holding the sword in seems uncomfortable and unnatural; you're implying that she's resting the sword on her shoulder, but in that position it would support little to no weight. I suggest moving her arm down, making her elbow lower and having the sword pointing at a slightly more upward angle to show that she's resting it.

Also as a purely personal observation, the girl in the first image seems to be lacking something, can I suggest having a jacket tied around her waist or something to give her a little more weight in the image? Though on saying that, her legs are far out of proportion with her body, so fixing that could help make the character look more balanced.

Sweet is sleep to me and even more to be of stone,
    While the wrong and shame endure.
    To be without sight or sense is a most happy change for me,
    Therefore do not rouse me; Hush! Speak low.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What he said =]

Also.. I like your style for characters and the characters themselves(they each express their own mood) and they'd make cool models or even cartoons.

oh and the 3rd picture with the guy holding a flashlight.. I duno if it's just me but it seems like his left leg is positioned a bit too far to our right. Could just be me tho =] Good Stuff!!

By any chance could you break down how you do your faces o_O? I desperately need help on that

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Griever - I really appreciate the in depth critique. You are 100% correct about the legs. I always draw them too long, I will make sure to fix that! I really do agree with all of your suggestions, I will update soon! Thanks!

VideoJinx - Thank you very much! I will try to work out his legs, you're right, they are off somehow. About the faces, I know very little. I tend to work on them for a long time, searching for the right shapes. I can say that when drawing female faces, they favor implication rather than definition... I think?

Thanks for the help guys.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Update:

Still have to resolve the sword arm.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.