Creating a small set of brushes

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I only really use like 4-5 brushes in photoshop, I was wondering if there was a way to create a brush preset with only those 4-5 brushes and have them in a really small window instead of the massive brush window.

Something like how Painter does where its just large icons in a small window with like 4 brushes shown.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, you can save those brushes as Tool Presets, and the Tool Presets window can be resized and placed where ever you want, just like tho layers window, the swatches window, etc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been searching for ages how to make a custom brush palette with only the brushess I use for various tasks. Havent found one yet

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Brashen, do you want multiple brush pallets visible at the same time, or just sorted by task in one list? The brushes I have are sorted somewhat by media-type. http://glenmoyes.blogspot.com/2009/0...ts-200903.html

Anyway, about using presets in more detail: Select a brush that you commonly use. You can adjust the opacity and flow settings too if you want, as those will be saved in the Tool Preset. Go to Window > Tool Presets. Click on the new button down at the bottom. You can repeat that process for all the brushes you commonly use. With the Tool Presets window open you can reposition the panel how ever you want.

You can also go to Edit > Preset Manager to rearrange and delete any of the presets you currently have loaded in Photoshop (this includes Brush Presets, Tool Presets, and so on), and then you can save them as a file for back ups.

And as someone asked in another thread, you can only use the preset manager to organize brush presets, the tool presets are automatically sorted alphabetically when you load up Photoshop, so you have to number them I like have.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Metsys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, Metsys, thanks for information. Normally I use mouse right button to open the big brush list window, but it's mostly useful in middle of painting and further, when you're rendering. At the beginning I use usually 3-5 tools for shaping forms, so this small window with brush presets may come handy. Just now I've created a presets window for brushes and I'm going to test it:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for the information!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.