Old anarchy bike concept, needing help from bike know-it-alls - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    davi is offline Administrator & Community Manager. Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,195 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following

starting to get alittle tired of working on the design. Hope, nothing is too insanely wrong to completely ruin the design of it

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interessting thread
    Things are looking sweet.
    But I have to agree with a lot of other folks, its hard to do a fast bike and a off-road at the same time. One thing in particular I was thinking of is that the fast ones ar mayby a centimeter above ground with their air-intakes (to cool the engine I guess, Im no techie either), but that would be pretty leathal for an off road one.
    One thing about dirt-bikes is they almost always got a bigger, slimmer front tire and a smaller, fatter rear, do that, that give s "instant dirt-feel"

. . . F I G H T - T H E - B O R E D O M . . .

davi is offline Administrator & Community Manager. Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    roger, i'll do that, don't expect an update soon though, i'm reformating my c drive.... all hell could break loose.

thanks again everyone for the help, spinefinger slapped me around alittle off the forum so that should help also

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the main problem is that the wheels are far too small.
    Try to double their size and put some spokes in the middle...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'll play with making them bigger but...no spokes....this isn't a bmx bike... i don't think spokes would be a good idea at 300mph

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The bike still looks very generic.. I would possibly make the windshield bigger, and I'd make the tires bigger as well

FAP FAP FAP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As far as the engine goes, if you're going for "realims" as far as mechanics, most motorcycles have a 1-4 cylinder motor.

The Dodge concept bike has a V10 in it...

For the type of power you want your bike ot have, you're probably goign to haev to give it a V8-V12 motor.. a 4 cylinder motor is probably not going to give you the pwer you want.. possibly if it is turbocharged, but youd have to impletment turbos into the design of the motor..

For images of what they look like, go to car parts websites, like www.jegs.com or www.summit.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Small note here, Making the windshield bigger wont make it faster. You need to think about aerodynamics if you want it to go 300mph. think about how the air is going to flow over the front of the bike, then interact with the rider itself. And with that you need to think about applying downforce to the bike as well, if the aerodynamics arent correct, at 300mph the front of the bike is going to want to lift up and off the ground.

Another small factoid, there have been people who have tuned some of the larger liter bikes (1000cc and higher) to do near 240mph. There have been hayabusas that have hit near that. Even a yamaha R6 tops out at almost 210mph, no joke at all. (If you question me, watch the mischief 3000 dvd. In the extras they have a top speed run on an R6 where they mount a video camera in front of the speedometer, bike hits almost 210mph)

life is cruel only to make you stronger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    checked some inspiration for you , Davi...
    fast bikes can be found here: http://www.feel-the-noise.com/
    But I didn't find the kinda o' bike I was looking for... Here are a few I thought looked cool and hopefully fit what u are looking for:

[IMG]
    http://mywebpage.netscape.com/henrik...0305_15_27.jpg[/IMG]

( mmh, if that is too much Download-time, just PM me and I'll add links instead)

My work as a tattooer www.gallontattoos.wordpress.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Make the wheels bigger! Akira Style.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and round.... smoother ride style

www.robertomarchesi.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that looks awsome except the wheels, you should fix those and than they will look way better.

Just curious but wat are you using to draw that, like what kinda pencils or whatever?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    have you seen the bikes from "wonderful days"? give those ground clearance and they are bad ass!

http://wonderfuldays.co.kr/english/trailer.php?sound=

look at the trailer... i don't really have the server space to take screenshots and host them

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just found this place, moveing over from France's forms after upgradeing to a better PC (my old one died ) some of you may remeber me, I do lots of mecha and such...

Anyway, I'm a biker, and have worked for some 8 years as an mechanic...I'm no means an expert, but I have a good handle on most of it.

First things first...car engines in bikes...not something you really want to do...it's cool as a concept or prototype, but haveing ridden a 350cid 300hp Chevy V-8 powered bike...erm, it ain't very controlable, the engine alone adds some 800lbs to the total weight of the bike...and on a bike ment to go fast or off road 800lbs is typicaly twice as much wieght as you want (seriously any performance bike be it on/off road that is over about 450lbs suffers for it).

In order to promote stabilty at speed the bike wheelbase must be extended, however this also hurts the handleing makeing the bike less responceive and increaseing the turning radius...for an off road bike you want to have as much suspension travel as possable, and inorder to allow the rider the most control possable the bikes center of gravity must be rather high and just forward of the bikes midsection...

here are some stats about various classes of bikes to give you an idea of thier performance:

dirt bikes - pure off road models are powered by single cly 2 stroke gas engines with the largest (about 500cc) models makeing roughly 65hp...these bikes often weigh around 250lbs or less..and the on/off type adds a few pounds in turn signals and other requirements, plus loses the 2-stroke moter for a less powerful 4-stroke engine...performance wise these bikes can sprint to 60 in about 3 seconds or less, but they arn't built for high speeds and typicaly top out at around 140mph or less.

sportbikes - these are the race bikes..built for the street and usualy weigh less then about 400lbs..engines typicaly come in two varieties: inline 4s and V-twins (and there is a 3 cly in there too)...power wise, at the low end (600cc models) they make around 110hp...the high end (1000cc models) make around 150hp...these engines are screamers with the inline 4s typicaly haveing a redline over 12,000 rpm (my Yamaha R-6 readlines at 15,500 rpm)...performance wise these are little bullets shooting to 60 in around the 2 second mark and completeing the 1/4 mile in 10 seconds or less right off the show room floor...top speeds are limited by aerodynamics (even with thier racy looks the bikes are about as aerodynamic as a small pick-up truck, which is better then cruzers like Harleys which can have the aerodynamics of a billboard when equiped with those huge windshields)...anyway top speed of around 170-190mph

street/sport bikes - these are more or less standard bikes with a bit more sport tuneing...the sport bikes mentioned above have a lot of emphesis on handleing and cornering abilities in addition to the speed and acceleration...however these street/sport bikes arn't as focused and performance is often all over the map...a bike like the Suzuki Hiyabusa actualy fits into this catagory as it is about 100lbs overweight and with a longer wheelbase then the "true" sportbikes, however the 'busa is no performance slouch as it currently has the title of fastest production bike just hitting 200mph.
    weigh is anywhere from 300 to 800+ lbs, power anywhere from 40 to 170hp, 0-60mph anywhere from about 2 - 4.5 seconds,..1/4 mile anywhere from 9 to 14 seconds...top speed anywhere from about 90 to 200 mph.

As for inspiration for a real performance on/off road bike do a search for the KTM Duke II...giveyou an idea both of what is realisticly possable, and of what such a bike would tend to look like as far as general parts layout.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.