Sketchbook: Warning sketchbook may be volatile...!

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Warning sketchbook may be volatile...!

Ok, the background story.

Im 19 and living in the UK, i have done GCSE art and A-Level art.
    I wanted to go to an arts school but as my parents were paying i had no choice in the matter really. So now i am at the University of Gloucestershire studying "Interactive Games Design". Its pretty fun it deals with photoshop, 3D, video editing, animation and a bunch of other technical stuff.

Anyway i just finished my first year at the uni and achieved 4 A's. I now have 4-5 months off and i am determined to draw everyday as much as i can to improve.

Alot of people have tried to force me away from art into a more "stable" career path, and because of this i have had a real fear of failure so i have a tendancy to stick with what i know or avoid anything new in my art.

I hope that this sketchbook will provide me with alot of usefull feedback and suggestions for improvment and well i hope i dont look like a noob too much ^^.
    Basically i decided that no matter what it takes i am going to suceed, i will become a great artist one way or another and i am dedicating ALL my free time to improving

Ok, so first are some 30-60 second gesture studies,then some cloth studies, then theres some portrait and figures studies, and then some random concepts.
    Most of this stuff is from the last month, i aim to update this sketchbook dailyish.

Attached Images Attached Images                            
    Last edited by Volatile; May 13th, 2009 at 10:41 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Small update from this morning, i will update later with some non digital stuff.
    Spent more time trying to get the values and contrast better than my usual stuff, in the portrait.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your work is looking good so far! Keep working your anatomy; as a little advice, note that in your sketches the shoulders should be lower, right now they protrude a little bit too much.

On the girl with short black hair, a slightly bigger head and thinner shoulders and arms would help making her more feminine.

Anyway, nice sketches and colourworks! I like especially those blanck and white portraits.
    Good work, keep it up!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Abrodos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Abrodos: Thanks man ill keep all that information in mind next time i draw people thanks .

Ok i was watching Richard Dobles creature creation dvd and i felt like trying out creating stuff like that in value to see what i could come up with.

There kind of random but i think they could be interesting creatures if worked on a little bit ^^ .

Edit: oops i just noticed i did the far legs lighter than the front ones when i ment to make them darker, o well i will remeber for next time.

Going to do alot of anatomy study over the next few weeks, just got hold of a copy of Andrew Loomis and some Bridgeman, looks awsome.

Last edited by Volatile; May 13th, 2009 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man good to see you work this hard!
    Keep this up and youll notice the progress in no time!
    Keep at it! Keep working hard!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff here. Keep practicing. I am also in uk and going into more or less the same direction How about some pencil work? Stay on anatomy.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.