Anatomy studies

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Anatomy studies

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wasp Anatomy studies

Some anatomy studies from the last few months, I hope you'll give me some constructive critism and comments. If I want to become a better artist, should I keep doing things like this? I am 17 and feel like I should be a much better artist than I am now, I love art and want to improve myself fast. Some of you are amazing artist and you keep inspiring me. I used refences for all of them.
    (Sorry for my bad english, it is not my first language.)

Anatomy studies

Anatomy studies

Anatomy studies

Anatomy studies

Anatomy studies

Anatomy studies

Anatomy studies

Anatomy studies

Anatomy studies

Anatomy studies

Anatomy studies

Anatomy studies

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like where these are going. Maybe post some more for us to have a look at.
    I myself am 22 and starting learning anatomy a couple of years ago. I also feel i should be better than i am now (quite frustrating isn't it)
    What books are you using?
    All i can say is keep up the good work and stay inspired.

Skys the limit! then when we reach that we will just keep on going.

www.lukecarr.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Luke25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Although you are still a youngster, by the appearance of these sketches it is obvious that you have had appreciation for your skill for some time. To critique what is shown the only improvement that I first see is the muscles you have drawn in your hands. I will leave the rest to your own observation skills since, you have been doing well with them.

It is difficult at times for vocational artists to understand why they create what they do. This is good reason to continue drawing. Try to use the best materials you can afford and start storing your drawings where they can be protected from the elements (in books, flat files, etc.). As you progress into different mediums or subjects building a portfolio refer back to them occasionally and you will begin to understand the effect these sketches had on your abilities for future work.

Recommended read: Dynamic Anatomy: Revised and Expanded Edition By Burne Hogarth

Ask Maurice.Org

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ask maurice For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you both for the comments!
    I wish I could respond better, but my english hinders me.

I like where these are going. Maybe post some more for us to have a look at.
    I myself am 22 and starting learning anatomy a couple of years ago. I also feel i should be better than i am now (quite frustrating isn't it)
    What books are you using?
    All i can say is keep up the good work and stay inspired.
    I don't remember the name of the book, i'll try to find it. I'm trying to get into the habit of drawing more and I hope thread helps.

Although you are still a youngster, by the appearance of these sketches it is obvious that you have had appreciation for your skill for some time. To critique what is shown the only improvement that I first see is the muscles you have drawn in your hands. I will leave the rest to your own observation skills since, you have been doing well with them.

It is difficult at times for vocational artists to understand why they create what they do. This is good reason to continue drawing. Try to use the best materials you can afford and start storing your drawings where they can be protected from the elements (in books, flat files, etc.). As you progress into different mediums or subjects building a portfolio refer back to them occasionally and you will begin to understand the effect these sketches had on your abilities for future work.

Recommended read: Dynamic Anatomy: Revised and Expanded Edition By Burne Hogarth
    Thank you for the tips, I think I've seen that book in my library. Ill check it out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you are able I would suggest you find a skeleton to study from. It is obvious you are taking your time to study; drawing from an actual model you can pose could only help you at this point.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.