Art: sweet as candy

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: sweet as candy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face sweet as candy

this is one of my most toughest yet favourite pieces to date.
    i spent a good one month with it!
    i'll let the title toy with your minds with a sarcastic question;

is she as sweet as you would want her to be?

[IMG]sweet as candy[/IMG]

created using photoshop cs 3
    full resolution size is 4000 px x 5600 px
    the '.psb' file was split into two .. one with all the layers that pushed the file upto 2.5 gb .. and the other with the final adjustment layers, fixes, extra elements,grain,shine etc ...

and hey! i have a little something for everyone ...
    please find attached two wallpapers!

cheers people!
    god bless!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by nevs26; July 2nd, 2012 at 01:49 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    THIS is absolutely awesome O.o

its so sweet....it cant be real....but how you made the skin effect and the skin tones makes it look real in a weird way O.o

i think you got the feeling of really heavy, bad full of sugar candy very well^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Farelle View Post
    THIS is absolutely awesome O.o

its so sweet....it cant be real....but how you made the skin effect and the skin tones makes it look real in a weird way O.o

i think you got the feeling of really heavy, bad full of sugar candy very well^^
    thank you kindly Farelle!! i'm very happy you like her ...

for the skin tones ... here's how it goes ...

when i finished the initial shading .. everything looked like matte and lacked specularity ... i used two adjustment layers : photofilter .. green and blue .. then i used a third adjustment layer : curves : to get that volume for her face ... followed by a fourth adjustment layer : brightness and contrast ...
    i had to experiment with all these layes in terms of stacking and values in order to get the right effect ...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love it. Would make a wonderfull print. my only critique is the skin on the face seems almost too smooth compared to her neck and chest, but thats a matter of preference.

Awesome work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is really great and amazing. I'm very impressed!

A few crits:

-The nose(bridge and brow too) look quite inorganic compared to the eyes. Its too simplified.(the nose could actually be lowered a bit too, reducing the upper lip size).

-The eyes look obviously flipped, maybe vary the eyelashes a bit?

-The neck could be lengthened a bit. It has a bit of a squashed look.

-The corners of the mouth could use a reference rather than a joker type slit.

Hope this helps. I just think the rest of the features need to match the realism of the eyes(looks like the eyes are a pasted photo and the rest drawn).

Great job!!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I admire all of the detail and care that you put into this. I think the hair adds some much needed texture and is painted with such care. Her eyes and lips are beautiful.

I will say though, that the strong turquoise/white light works against you in some areas and kind of makes things seem really flat, especially on the nose. The golden light on her shoulders though...so beautiful. :0

This is a wonderful piece. Congrats on finally finishing it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    zedkho | JJacks | Mr.Punch

thanks a lot guys! i totally agree with your comments .. this artwork did have many flaws ... i realized it much later and i assure you all, the next upcoming works will be far better than this one ....

Mr. Punch | thanks again for your comment ... the eyes have been entirely painted, no photo manipulation or cut, copy, pasting was used in any way ... i believe in patience, details and look factor sadly, since time was a constraint .. i couldn't give equal importance to the rest of her face ...

but things will be different now .. stay tuned!

.. < .. a life less ordinary .. > ..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs26 View Post

Mr. Punch | thanks again for your comment ... the eyes have been entirely painted, no photo manipulation or cut, copy, pasting was used in any way ... i believe in patience, details and look factor sadly, since time was a constraint .. i couldn't give equal importance to the rest of her face ...
    Come on they are the same eye, we can see it is the same eye, it is a good eye, but it is the same eye. I don t care that you copyed and pasted the same eye in order to speed up the process, but you should adjust one of them to make it look diffrent. easist would be adjust the eyelashes like Mr Punch Suggested, I think you should even adjust the irises so they are not exact mirror images of each other.

Sketchbook-Stryno's Thoughts
    "I spent my childhood dreaming about who I would be as an adult, now I am an adult I spend my life dreaming of who I was as a child"
    "I play Guitar because I like music, I draw because I have to."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Stryno View Post
    Come on they are the same eye, we can see it is the same eye, it is a good eye, but it is the same eye. I don t care that you copyed and pasted the same eye in order to speed up the process, but you should adjust one of them to make it look diffrent. easist would be adjust the eyelashes like Mr Punch Suggested, I think you should even adjust the irises so they are not exact mirror images of each other.
    thank you Stryno for droppin by ... i know it's the same eye .. and i didn't disagree with Mr.punch stating that it was flipped ... in reference to this crits .. i answered one point of his which is :

I just think the rest of the features need to match the realism of the eyes(looks like the eyes are a pasted photo and the rest drawn).

- because he thought i used a photographic eye ..

i totally agree there are many flaws .. and i sort to better myself in the next upcoming pieces

cheers mate!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MumfordLa View Post
    my only critique is the skin on the face seems almost too smooth compared to her neck and chest
    sweet as candysweet as candysweet as candysweet as candy

agreed ... the new artwork that i'm working on right now is WAY! better than this .... when i see it now ... i've realized how much detail was missing ...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.