Thoughts?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Thoughts?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thoughts?

if anyone can show me a good way to do that back foot, please do.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Croatian220
    Thoughts?
    My main thought is- as should be yours- why would someone stand like that while pulling out (or putting away) a knife? If you're drawing a character in a pose, it might help to put yourself in that situation, so you can present a pose that makes sense within context.

Quote Originally Posted by Croatian220
    if anyone can show me a good way to do that back foot, please do.
    As ballet dancers have shown, a foot can go in many directions. To get the ideal pose that's in your head, you can do the pose in the mirror or set a camera on timer and take a pic of your feet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anjy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with anjy, trying the pose out for yourself will really help out, if you were to try the pose that the character is currently in you would notice how awkward it is, so like was mention just play around in front of the mirror and i'm pretty sure you'll be able to come up with something much more dynamic. lastly i'm not to fond of the lines which i assume is some sort of exaust from the tubing? it just comes off as comedic, or even stink lines, and i'm sure that is not your intent, my suggestion would be to shade in the gas or what ever it is because your rendering is somewhat realistic but the lines are very cartoony with is why it seems strange to me. just a thought though, keep practicing

5. The Following User Says Thank You to James Wolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Yes, you are right, but my execuse for this is that, though i know I should think about it first, I tend to draw pieces at a time and I often forget about the rest of the drawing when I do so.

But anyway, your observation is very informative, and I will try to do better with the correctness of my poses in the future. Thank you very much!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Firstly, I think it'd do you good to draw on blank instead of lined paper. The lines are sort of distracting.

Aside from that, this is a pretty strong design. The front knee seems to be squishing and bending in a way it shouldn't be bending, though. The leg pose as a whole doesn't really match the upper body's pose, and you may want to rethink it. If you really want a cross-legged look like that, use contraposso and make it look like she's walking that way (Imagine how somebody would walk on a thin beam or wire. Their torso tips a bit to help them balance).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tangleworm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Others have mentioned trying the pose. Another thing you can do is get some basic costume gear and have one of your female friends dress up so you can take some photo reference.

(Things you can use to approximate armour: rollerblade protective gear. You can even double up knee pads with velcro straps to double as shoulder pauldrons. Dog collars. Workman's belts with little pouches. Foam toy weapons from the toy aisle. Blankets can be turned into capes. Basically, if you use your imagination and basic household tools you can get a decent set of shapes going for armour photo reference.)

The photo reference will also aid with your anatomy. You seem to have a basic idea of proportions and major muscle groups, but you've given your heroine two sets of sternomastoid muscles (the neck ones). Reference will help keep you from making mistakes like that. (And by reference I mean, real human beings. Other people's art can be faulty. And fashion mags totally airbrush everything these days, you can't trust 'em.)

she sings from somewhere you can't see ...

CA Sketchbook | My Art Blog

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PixelFish For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you all for the advice, I appreciate it very much!

but, just so you know, I didn't intend for it to be 2 neck muscles, though I totally see how it looks like that now, those are simply lines to separate the neck and the traps on the suit.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.