Had 2 weeks to animate it but it was extended to 3 aftewards on account of it having been our first time working in HD, our first time doing our own sound (our sound essentials teacher had showed us the folio room and told us to make noise in it but conveniently forgot to show us how to actually use the controls and set it up... on that note special thanks Kleewyck for having sat at the controls for so long to become our protools master after having received the 30min crash course from one of our technicians), and various other things. We'd had 2 or 3 weeks for storyboarding.. which was kinda long actually when we had 30secs of animation to do then clean up (cleaning up our pencil sketches! Another first!) and a limited amount of time to do it. A lot of us had started our animation by the 3rd week.
Anyways, I learned a TON on this and while there's definitely some stuff I'd like to fix (I was really surprised to discover that even though the shapes were overlapping, when the lines are as clean as they are when done by the computer the lines strobe anyways even though they were fine on the pencil test) I think I killed myself enough on this. Especially considering at one point during the inking process I could no longer hold my tablet pen and I was seeing pink everywhere. Never a good sign.
Still lots to learn
Also I should note that this was originally animated to be fit between other animation, hence the odd box beginning and ends. Those were the connecting 'book ends' as my teacher put it. They all had to be fit into 30secs (oh great! Writing our own stories to animate and squash into a time frame! Another new experience for the last project!). So yea, whole lot of learning for a very short time frame. Hope you like it, and I think it's been long enough now since I did this (finished it in April) that I'm ready to accept critique.