Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mik's sketchbook (starting today!) + digital paintings

Thanks

Mik's sketchbook (starting today!) + digital paintings

Hi there and welcome to my sketchbook thread!. I'd love if you guys can comment on everything I post and give critics so I can get better, faster!.

Anyway, I bought a notepad a few days ago to do sketches and keep it on my bag every time, so it's quite small. I started it yesterday with a few hand studies with shadows, done with the left hand (I'm left handed) while looking at my right hand:

I will continue drawing today and keep updating this thread daily with everything I draw!. This thread should be interesting in about a year, to see how I've been improving (or getting worse!! )

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

And a digital painting / speed painting I made yesterday. It was an apple. I saved the steps through it so I will post them all:

Mik's sketchbook (starting today!) + digital paintings Mik's sketchbook (starting today!) + digital paintings
    Mik's sketchbook (starting today!) + digital paintings Mik's sketchbook (starting today!) + digital paintings

I will post some other more complete and big digital drawings later or in the next days so I don't update with only my sketchbook pages!.

I'm still an student so I'm trying to get as good as I can as fast as possible, though I guess I will keep 'learning' until I die , but yeah.. now before I start working I guess I will have more time, so as I said at the beginning, critics and comments are welcome (needed, actually), so go ahead and post them! Be as harsh as you might need! (though try not to make me cry .. just kidding )
    Last edited by Mik2121; February 16th, 2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Added an attachment just so it shows as the icon.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Nice start! my only comment has to be that you should draw other people's hands or hands from references and not your own. If you do some studies on someone like Joseph Sheppard or Bridgman, you'll not only learn the anatomy, but the drawing style as well.

Thanks
    Thanks for the comments Hammed. I will try and draw other peoples' hands too!.

Ok, here is today's sketchbook pages (two). I have not done much, so I will do some digital drawing life drawing (some fruits?) and post them later!.

More hands and a small study of the bones and joints of the hand.

Thanks
    awesome skeletonhand sketch! sometimes your thumbs
    seem to be disproportional, but they are coming along very nicely!

your apple is beastly man nice work. trus

Jack

Thanks
    yoyo! good to see another guy with apples...harder than i thought they would be, dont you think? keep working, never stop, and the hands are good practice, superhard to make look good. when you put a lot of time in a hand, try to get in the texture of skin as well, they look a little bit plastic right now, but thats no problem if you just keep on practicing! i doubt if you should make it a goal to learn bridgman or sheppards drawing styles, id say look what exactly makes you like them, and start doing that in your own way.
    enough talk, you probably know whats best to do, good luck

Thanks
    Thanks for the fast reply, juicy!. Yeah, hands are one of the things I have most problems with (only faces/heads beat it!), so I guess I've gotta try a lot until I get the thumbs and overall size ratio correct.
    Then I will go for the faces and draw them until I get to see the lines flows in dreams and go insane

edit -

Thanks for the reply too, ajvenema!. Yeah, apples are hard to make!! But not as hard as other fruits, imo!.
    Right now I don't have any fruit around here so I guess I'll go and draw something else..

Regarding the hands, yeah.. they look like plastic right now But I guess I first need to get the basics correct before getting into the texture, right?
    Thanks a lot for the comments!!
    Last edited by Mik2121; May 9th, 2009 at 09:43 AM.

Thanks
    keep em coming! those studys are looking mighty fine

we demand more!
    My Sketchbook

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...156231&page=11

"Poor is the pupil who does not surpass his master

Thanks
    don't sweat it - hands are extremely hard. Just practice and eventually you will be a pro

Thanks
    Thanks Zorcron and juicy!. I know, I've got to practice A LOT yet!!

Anyway, yesterday I was going to post another digital drawing but ended up busy with some other stuff I had to do for school and couldn't post!. I will post it with today's drawings later (in a few hours), as my girlfriend is now around here keeping me.. busy

But yeah, thanks a lot for the comments!

Thanks
    I made a new page of sketches, but damn.. today I've done basically nothing!!!. Tomorrow I've gotta go back to class (Monday..), so I guess I'll do stuff there, seeing how the first class is theory only and it's one damn boring class (has almost nothing to do with design).

Again, I have noticed some errors and I'll try to fix them in the next hands, rather than spending more time in the same hand. Mostly the pinky in the top left hand and also the thumbs in basically all the hands.
    Really, hands are giving me some serious problems, hahahah!

edit - Woah! I just noticed I wrote 11/MAY/2009 on the note, even if today is 10th!! Hahaha.. oh well, I'll change that on my sketchbook, but I'll leave it like that here, I guess it doesn't really matter anyway.

Thanks
    I just made a lemon:

Thanks
    Oh, and this.....

Yes, I like fruits..

Thanks
    Made this today during class while listening at the teacher (brought a pen tablet with me, lol). It took me 2 hours so I had to finish it during the lunch break.

Original size is 2480x3508 (a4 300dpi?)

I will do the daily studies/sketches later, as I'm a bit tired now :/
    Last edited by Mik2121; May 11th, 2009 at 04:51 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast