Art: Katarzyna Oleska artwork
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow Katarzyna Oleska artwork

Hello, My name is Katarzyna Oleska - Keri_Moore or Katea as I have more then one nicknames

Even though I've had an account here for years, I have never posted anything here. I'd like to present a couple of my old artworks and hopefully - in the future - post some new ones that I'm working on right now

My Pencil Drawings:

Nikifor

Bronisław Wrocławski

Roman Polański

The Pitt-Jolie marriage

And a couple of my digital works:

Peter Pan and the Mermaid

When I was a little girl I just loved Peter Pan. I often dreamed of flying to Neverland with him. One of my favourite Disney movies was the one about Peter. Since I had a pretty rich imagination I also used to turn my dolls into "action figures" that no one had even heard of at that time, especially in Poland. Today kids can have anything they want, but back then it was so different. I also had this one idea and desire to have a poster, or better - a calendar with Peter Pan on it. So I made one myself. I've been working on it for a whole week, painting the image and drawing the calendar. I was sooo proud of my work, I had it on my wall for the whole year, and it was the best calendar ever!

This picture of Peter is different. But still it can serve as a ceiling painting

Peter is now in a Cave where the mermaids play all day. They love to listen to Peter's stories. Every whisper can be heard here and every story seems so mysterious. Whould you like to take a look or listen to some tale? Just try to be quiet, cause you can see through the water, but you may also be seen if you're not carefull. And we don't want that, do we?

Did Peter just see us? Did he see us?? Whew... that was close... I think sth else has caught his attention. I kind of wish I could put my feet into such cold, crystally clear water like he does.

Ups, somene has thrown a stone into the water. I bet It was one of the mermaids. They can be so mean sometimes. She scared Chartie The Hero-Fish, but he's scared of almost everything... so no worry, he'll be fine. One of the "girls" is laying on the rock. Her hand is dangling close to the water but don't even try to touch her. Oh, no you don't want to see what she is capable of doing.
    Just be quiet, stay calm and maybe you'll here a wonderfull story and remember what it is to be a child again

Violet Waters

"The Violet Waters have always been a secret to all the Merpeople. A legend was told that a terrible tragedy has hapened here many years ago. A ship has sunk with all the treasures it has been carrying. No one would ever go there, no one would even think about taking anything from the ship.
    And so it stayed for many years.

But this one day three mermaids - the kings daughter and two of her friends - decided to swim near the wreck. They were deceived by the calmness of the water. With the sun shinning through it's surface everything seemed safe. Even the wreck looked inviting.

They swam nearer and nearer, until they reached the ship. But even before they swam in they found a chest lying on the deck. They opened it. It was filled with the most beautifull jewelery they have ever seen. Unable to resist they took one of the necklaces and placed it on the princess'es neck. She looked gorgeous so they decided to take the necklace as a souvenir, assuming one thing wouldn't make it a difference.

They were so wrong. The moment they left the wreck, the whole ocean suddenly filled with jellyfish. they were everywhere, surrounding the mermaids. At first the girls were just suprised but then painfull stings made them realise that danger was close. Scared they gathered together trying to hold each other's hands. But the blood oozing out of the wounds attracted other creatures, ruthless predators of the ocean. The girls have not spotted them... yet."

Autumn Rain

This image is probably the result of my mood caused by the weather outside. I can't imagine that a month ago I was bathing in the sun, worring about getting sunburnt and now it's raining and it's cold.

What do you think happens to fairies at this time of the year? Do they fall asleep before the winter? Maybe... But what if one of them was deceived by the beautifull late summer weather and was suprised by the sudden breakdown of it.
    Well this is what happened to this fairy. Now she's sitting on her swing like she used to do all all the summer, unhappy... She doesn't even notice the water flowing down her wings and her long, long hair...

Last edited by Keri_Moore; May 21st, 2009 at 08:41 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Outstanding graphite portraits.

I can tell you did the portraits on a heavy archive paper with as much work you put in to them. Good move.

Great theme for comic of Pitt and Jolie.

I have to amit after seeing the first four I was expecting to be awed outta my seat.

The 5th was sort of confusing understanding your concept.

Violet waters? who am I to inquire? Good anatomy.

Your fairy on the swing could have used more color

You have exceptional sensitivity as a realist artist. You should nurture "those" qualities.

Ask Maurice.Org

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not sure if the fairy piece needed more colors. I think it's monochromatic quality helps set the intended mood.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey!

Maurice - Thank you very much I have to admitt I feel more confident using pencil than the tablet but I am still trying in digital paintings.

I haven't provided any comments to the works so it may you might feel confused. I have corrected it already by pasting the "stories" that go with my works in the original post.
    As to the fairy I was trying to tone things down, make it less colourful and more depressing in the first place

DRP305 - Thanks As I've just written to Maurice, you are right the monochromatic quality was supposed to create a dark and saddening mood

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.