Results 1 to 2 of 2
May 7th, 2009 #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2006
- Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
What's important to know if one wants to work for a video game company
Hey I just wanted to know if any artists that work for such companies or on such big projects, could comment here and say what they think is important in order to be accepted to work for a video game company. Such as like what types of software and programs are beneficial when applying for such a position. What one has to do to get to the skill level needed (since I'm still in high school), and what I mean by that is like aren't there specific things one can do when having such a job-say like environmental artists, character design, stuff like that...Or like were are there good places to study in order to achieve all these things...
Thanks,it be really helpful!pld: NEED CRITIQUE! But BEWARE your Eyes might BLEED OUT of YOUR eye SOCKETS <---cause I really suck and haven't done shit pld:
My Sketch Book!
Hide this ad by registering as a memberMay 7th, 2009 #2
Here's Blizzard's requirements, (what im trying to aim at ^_^)
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled concept artist for a team focused on next-generation massively multiplayer online games. The ideal candidate has experience concept drawing and illustrating a diverse visual range of characters, creatures, weapons, architecture, and environments. An exceptional understanding of form, structure, color, and light is essential, as is a creative imagination. The concept artist should have a basic understanding of game art creation (low-poly modeling and texturing) and be well-versed in related tools -- Photoshop, Painter, Maya, 3DS Max, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
* Experience with Photoshop, Painter, etc.
* A basic understanding of using 3DS Max and/or Maya
* An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to illustration and design
* Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, and detail in environmental design
* Understanding of the distinctive Blizzard Entertainment visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
* The ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game environments
* Good communication skills
* Team-player attitude
* A passion for games
* Skill in one or more of the related creation tasks -- modeling, texturing, or animation
* Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a concept artist
* Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration
* A passion for developing online games
There are no members to list at the moment.
By Thanhda in forum ARTISTS LOOKING FOR WORK!Replies: 10Last Post: January 24th, 2011, 12:56 PM