Art: Animation Showreel

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Animation Showreel

hey everyone, heres a showreel I put together

im finishing up my 2nd year of studying animation

tell me what you all think

thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLmSpOYZ0pw

"Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas priests...MORE DRINK!"- Father Ted
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Here's the direct link of your animation. You'll get more feedback that way
    I'll try to comment later but I gotta run do some work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you got good skill but certain things are a bit chopy... you need to add more flow to the animation.... like more curve to it because right now they are like peaks... the horse animation is good but the head needs to extend or he needs to slow down, i cant tell if he's galloping or hauling ass.... good job though... keep going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very awesome. You seem to have gotten a lot of the Principles of Animation right, but you do need to do more extreme exaggerations.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the choppiness doesn't bother me that much, i think it adds a nice feeling of snap and timing to it. also, when it's cleaned up it may not look so choppy. You're pushing it about as far as you should though, just watch out for that. The biggest thing i can say is get rid of the mouse, nobody wants to see that. Its probably not on model, at least up to disney standards, which will probably hurt you more than help you. Also, because you tend to lean more toward quick, snappy motions i notice that the types of animation that should be slow, i.e. the snoring guy, are also a little to quick. don't be afraid to slow some things down that in life, are really slow.overall i see great potential!

-start a revolution.

AnimationSamurai.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man that was funky stuff, I disagee with Daniel, I think that your reel demonstrates a good grasp of the animation principals. I grew up watching Mickey and I think your work is accurate. Choppy choppy, no, it's a test reel, rough, it's even cleaned up, which is a big plus. You are definetly a real animator, although I didn't see any Flash in in your reel. Good CG aswell!

Very funky!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the feedback everyone!

yeh like i cant look at it objectively at all anymore, i dont know if its impressive or not tbh

overall your responses have been positive so im relieved

I'm gonna buil upon this I guess and jus keep producing better animation

BTW the scenes with the snoring guy are all hand drawn and coloured in flash

"Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas priests...MORE DRINK!"- Father Ted

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is some really nice stuff in there. the main thing that I think is off is the timing. Going forward I would try to focus on timing more. Also some of this seems like direct copies of other animation, i would try and note your source if you are doing that.

just my 2 cents

-jonathan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do you go to Sheridan? I've noticed Sheridan has a thing for that pink panther.
    It's all nice, but I don't get excited about anything. I know your in your second year, and that doesn't leave you with a lot of options to show, but you're going to want to cut out the rough stuff asap. A pencil test is fine, but you really want to keep your work on the refined - near finished side when presenting it in a showreel. Try to shoot it in a brighter light, or edit the threshold post-production.
    Clarity and readability are key when you show things for such brief amounts of time.
    Also, you're going to want stronger and longer performance pieces on your reel. I don't think anythings showing very strong acting yet. The strongest piece is probably the boy swimming. The timing is more eye catching since everything else is pretty fast.
    As for everything else, it shows you have the solid basics of movement, and you can apply that to different things moving, now infuse some personality into it!
    Keep at it and good luck with your next year!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.