View Poll Results: And who shall rule them all?

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Chow :: VOTING

4 1.63%

112 45.71%

28 11.43%

8 3.27%

40 16.33%

24 9.80%

94 38.37%

18 7.35%

6 2.45%

6 2.45%

36 14.69%

24 9.80%

4 1.63%

112 45.71%

52 21.22%

61 24.90%

27 11.02%

49 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Team Chow :: VOTING

Thanks
    My vote is for Team Baguette, cause I found great the foreground, it's "original" and the drawings fit, so...

Soda and Zaxxon were my other options. The african culture it's been a great option, but I think they don't match as they should. Zaxxon are gret, a lot indeed, but more typical, that's the reason I've tried Baguette.

IMO we all have worked harder, but it's not only one owrking, the team working it is a little bit different. I enjoyed that a lot, I'll work even harder on next round
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Vorace: Vote Added!

Adam: Image switched!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daestwen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I voted for "Once Upon a Sundown" because I felt that the entire team maintained a certain level of consistency. Each character blends wonderfully with the background and the overall appearance of the shading and highlights is consistent with each character. And it helps the I like the western theme hahaha.

Still, each team did an excellent job. The characters are diverse, well thought out and have strong presentation.
    "Creativity emerges only when the imagination is given the freedom it deserves."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Razorleaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I voted for nearly all of them, so well done! If there is one thing this challenege has proven, is that collaboration makes for better art!!
    “It is enough that we set out to mold the motley stuff of life into some form of our own choosing; when we do, the performance is itself the wage.”
    -Learned Hand

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." ~Albert Einstein

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nerahla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Great work guys, I also voted for almost every one... just could not decide
    “Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy”

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nele Klumpe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey!! This was fun, very fun!! I do hope to do it again, and I learned so much!! @_@ I thought to restrict my voting this time around, but there are some I would've voted for...I see some people just gave everyone a vote; how shweet of you guys!

Vorace, thanks for the advice on Sugah Face's entry! You're correct in my view, and it's something we'll probably look harder at in the future!

Anyone else with advice on ours, I'd sure love to hear it! I'm sure we'll plan things out better the next chance we get. Maybe we'll bring in things about the characters' setting that would unify them more. We didn't get to delve enough into how certain aspects of the "world" are common in the actual clothes, but we were pretty close!

Okay, here's feedback for everyone!

---

Art Soda: I think your ideas were coming along very nicely! Looks like the character ideas were well thought out. I think the rendering could've been pushed more. They look rather incomplete. Also, the linework on one of them and not others makes it look as though that one was pasted to the page.

Team Baguette: You guys did a spectacular job with the character design!! I voted for you guys; I really liked your designs and the snow environment they're in; it looks tough. What's interesting is that these ones all look like they could hold their own. I hadn't realized before, but in that case, they seem like heroes that are more likely to be apart, not together.

Team CATL: Great design work, and very cool rendering!! Though the ones standing in the back look out-of-place, especially the one on our left! Perhaps their rendering isn't quite consistent with the rendering of the other characters. I'm not sure what would make the left one appear more part of the team.

Crumpets In Pain: I love your style, the characters look very animated!! Well done! I voted for you too! I think they're very consistent, looking together and like a cast of main characters. Ha!

Dark Yellow Ghost Robots: Once again, really nice details! There's little to say, I think they look like a powerful team!

Double Impact: I wish I could see Shadow's face, otherwise, I'm liking the team here! Well rendered, and cool strength emitting from the characters in some way!! Very nice!

Team Grogro Zoo: Your entry is probably my favourite because it's so fun looking!! You got my vote as well! I love furry style, too!! I especially like how their posture and characteristics really bring out each part of the team!! I think I'd love to play THAT game!

Insomniacs: They're coming from all walks of life! I suppose because of the backgrounds, they look more disjoint than team-like. I do love their design, though! Rendering in some cases could be pushed more (maybe not focusing on the environments as much would help there), but I do like how you brought out the colours in each!

Random Team #1: Now these ones look disjoint, but again, I could wonder how their lives coincide. I'm unsure of how they would be as a team. Besides the rain, I don't see how they fit together. However, "misfits" can be a most awesome group! Rendering is good too, and I believe their expressions bring out the characters. The Sage, however, is so mysterious! XD Dunno if that's bad or good!

Team Subway Gropes: I like your ideas and designs! Very cool colours and style. Still, without the words, it would be a bit hard to tell who's who, like in the Protector's case. Like roles COULD be switched. This team also looks apart, for some look more serious than others as if in another "show" or "game".

The Gurren Brigade: Whooo!! Fantastic details, but they seem all over the place, even standing together! O_O My eyes are overwhelmed. You guys did some nutsy details, I must say! Again, a couple of them appear like they can take on other roles. That may be good, but I think I'd like to see more of what makes them specifically "technician", "protector", etc. Still, awesome job on the whole of them, because they look very well thought out!

Nightstalker: I loved your guys' idea! Would make for an interesting cartoon! XD I gotta say, that Rabble Rouse doesn't make me think "Rabble Rouser" at all! In fact, he could rival Shadow in role. Something to be careful of, I suppose. Your protector, Suesie, I cannot forget. She makes me giggle!

Team Zaxxon: You guys are nuts. O_O I read that you work together anyway, so that totally works in your favour! They're well developed, look good as a team. I'm not exactly for the strange faded job you did on the protector in back. In fact, some of them you used that fade, but it's done in a way that I think takes away from the characters. Since they're all main characters anyway, you probably don't need to worry about that! I'm just so impressed by how you brought out the details so nicely, I guess it disappointed me to see the fades.

What Would Tyler Durden Do: Crazy team name. *snort* Beautiful black 'n' white renderings!! I'm very impressed, and I think you guys have some of the strongest characters. Strangely, it looks like the Hero and Protector are working together most, and making the others fall back. It might be the stances they're all in. Three of them appear to just be hangin', waiting for something. I love that Rabble Rouser's stance, I must say! He's almost being a faker, what a trickster!

The Weird Sisters: I loved yours when I first looked at it, so I voted for it! I think they look very much in one setting, one story that I can actually picture being made! Putting them together in that environment really worked, and they all seem to have some place in the team! My favourite characters are the Hero and Rabble Rouser. Ha! Technician is funny, and I could tell before reading, that she's a goblin. XD I like your mix of humans and others.

Team Nasty Sausages: Another great rendering! I don't know how together they'd really be on a team...and two of them look more like brothers! Must be the hair. Perhaps that they'd have to be on a team would probably bring the life out of each, and we'd see just how passionate they are about whatever cause they have.

Team Orange Soup: I like your idea, once again! I like the thought you put into your characters. They look pretty together, and the environment is nicely done for them!! You did your research, I can see it very clearly! The characters may look together, but I love how distinct they are in appearance and expression!

12. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Jazz For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    i will to crits for everyones by the end of the week

Also in my haste I forgot to add Ben Cardwell to the copy right info.....my bad dude.

(c) James Cory Webster, Ben Cardwell

JazzW, Vorce :: thank you for the feedback

Thanks
    First off, GREAT JOB everyone! This was NOT easy, and if you made it to the end, you're full of win.

I voted for Team Baguette (excellent theme and painterly execution) and Team GroGroZoo (they made me smile, big-time.) If I have time, I'll give a nod to each and every entry! *thumbs up*
    “The moment you think you understand a great work of art, it's dead for you.”~Oscar Wilde
    My Inglorious Portfolio!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to quickreaver For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ArtSoda - I like the ideas I was beginning to see here. I think a little bit more of organization could've helped maybe? As others have said, they look a bit incomplete.

Team Baguette - wow, really consistent all the way through and I like how each of their personalities shine also. That looks like one tough world to live on.

Team CATL - liked the characters. And very nice renderings. The technician doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the group though, like you remembered her at the last minute.

Crumpet N Pain - One of the ones that I mistakenly didn't vote for, sorry guys, I was getting a little confused with the boxes. Love your styles and I reallylike how I can tell who they are by just glancing. Lots of character in these.

TeamDarkYellowGhostRobots - nice rendering and characters. my only crit is on the composition. Everything draws your eyes to the left, where Sage is almost cut off. If you had added one more building to the right and maybe brought them a little to the right, it would've let my eyes run down them better.

Double Impact - I like how their powers go with them. I would have liked to have seen more of their character. Maybe a few more identifying props or even different facial expressions. But good consistency.

Team Grogrozoo - I loved your characters, they were adorable. I think that was one I might have missed in the voting too. Sorry about that. I should have gone slower.

Insomniacs - liked the ideas, but the characters are not very clear. Some seem more finished or finished differently than the others too.

Random 1 - It has a few cohesion issues. The hero and tech look to be from a different, brighter place than the others. But I can see some good ideas in there. I like your Rabble rouser.

Team Subway Gropers - I don't really see any cohesive unit in here. Some characters seem to have been taken in a more serious direction than others.

The Gurren Brigade - I like the ideas, not quite finished I see, but really cool nonetheless. I love how you managed to get the personalities to come forth as well.

Nightstalker - definitely interesting idea, I'm not exactly clear on where they're supposed to be, but I have a feeling that's the point maybe?

Team Zaxxon - very cool renderings, and it's awesome that you got that level of stuff done in the that amount of time. However, I think they are a bit generic and a bit too much like each other. There isn't a lot of personality coming from them that I think would've been there had you started sooner.

WhatWouldTylerDurdenDo? - I loved yours. All their personalities came out, their physicality met the brief, it was cohesive. Good job.

The Weird Sisters - same as Tyler, loved yours. All their personalities were easy to see, they physically met the brief, it was cohesive. And the presentation was awesome as well. Good job.

TeamNastySausages - very nice. A few details, like Vorace said, could've been pushed. But overall, very nice.

Team Orange Soup - well researched, loved the characters. Only crit, Shadow doesn't seem to be as finished as the others and that detracts from the overall presentation.

Oh, and Vorace thank you so much for the crits! Looking back, I agree. There was a lot of things that we should've done at the very beginning that would've made for a better end.

17. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to MJ_Alcazar For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 438 Posts
    Team grogrozoo totally and completely rules this contest. I wish I could give them more than one vote! Thank you everyone in that team for the viewing pleasure you gave me! So much fun, and so well done! Rhyme not intended!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Serpian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I voted GroGroZoo and Zaxxon...but my vote hasnt seemed to've gone in.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Kian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    nope Kian your vote went in. However, you accidentally checked the wrong boxes your votes got added to What Would Tyler Durden Do? and Insomniacs the teams right below the ones you meant to vote for

maybe Daestwen can change that for you if you ask her nicely
    WARNING!!!!!
    WAAAAAY WAAAAAY way out of Date!

My Sketch Book
    TEAM CHOW I
    TEAM CHOW III
    I'm always trying to improve.
    Any help, encouragement, crits,
    or comments are greatly appreciated!
    Please let me know what you think

Thanks