Invasion Force
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Invasion Force

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Invasion Force

This is a drawing I've been working on for a few weeks in my AP Studio Art class. It's a massive force of monolithic space-landing craft that are letting out an invasion force against an awaiting / massing mining colony force.

I plan on shading it in with prismacolor markers, you can see the lighting situation I'm thinking of using in the little inset. I'm gonna try some others just to see what seems most dramatic. Any suggestions for lighting would be appreciated.

and the full size image here if you want to see the details.
    I used a 0.3mm mechanical pencil.

www.x09designs.com/propaganda/EPICBATTLE.jpg (3454x1200 pixels ~600k)

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

zak Guest
    the part on the right side looks awesome. really well balanced, but the part on the left looks very spaced out. anly a few scattered objects, that are very detailed. the platform thing in the bottom right seems very empty, althou its a key part of the picture.

dont take my comments to heart, those things just seemed to scream out at me for some reason. its great so far, i cant wait for it to be rendered :beer:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the left does seem sparse compared to the right, giving an unbalanced feel. Also, I would think about having a bit larger expolsion/fire on the monolith that has fallen, and maybe have the troops in that area a little less organized, as if the ship just fell. this would add a bit of life to that area...

the lighting will be pretty crazy, being battle. is this a night scene, or a day scene? foggy, or bright light? You might

maybe a gun in a mountain side on the left, (maybe??) similar to the guns of navarone movie, which could really add to the different factions fighting here, plus balance out the piece a bit.

just some ideas...

i actually got paid to create a 3d model of human poo once. well actualy, i am on my (t)3rd (lol, i kill myself...) iteration, so like i got paid 3x. I should just go ahead and create some reference. this itshay is kiling me...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to give it some thought and see what I can do

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.