Please support - Super-articulated pose ref manikin.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: What do you think to a super-posable artist's manikin?

Voters
358. You may not vote on this poll
  • I support this and might buy more than one!

96 26.82%
  • I support this and would buy one!

230 64.25%
  • I support this but wouldn't buy it

23 6.42%
  • I'm not bothered...

9 2.51%

Thread: Please support - Super-articulated pose ref manikin.

Threaded View

The7Artist7 is offline I'll have a double Rocktastic with added awesome please Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 Times in 551 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks guys!

RaoulD - Thank you ... exactly

Blighty - not a huge amount of design/production progress ... but I have finally managed to purchase some male and female Micromen material force figures. They are 4" high and boast a impressive 30 points of articulation - I am particularly impressed with the shoulder joints on the female microman - detailed photos of this to follow later.

Name:  micromenMF.jpg
Views: 13725
Size:  127.1 KB
    Name:  micromenhands.jpg
Views: 12855
Size:  73.6 KB

Basically I've decided to do some more research into what is most usable on a day to day basis. I don't use my 18" Spiderman as ref (even though I want to) due to it's size and ratcheted joints so thought I'd try the other end of the scale - lol at the size difference!

Name:  tinyandhuge.jpg
Views: 13182
Size:  99.9 KB

Within a few days I had already had a moment where a quick pose ref was useful and found it quite natural to reach out and use the micromen (I actually ended out using both micromen and the stikfa as it was a fight scene - the stands were very useful) My main crit would be too fiddly due to easily detachable parts and tiny size.

So... too big and most people probably won't use it and too small and it is too tricky to make full use of... time to save up and find a good 6"/8" figure to test along side the others.

Also so far I'm yet to find (even on 18" spidey with 67 points of articulation) a range of movement that answers my pose ref needs as fully as they could/should.

Last edited by The7Artist7; December 14th, 2009 at 09:34 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The7Artist7 For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 42