Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Just draw ffs! CRITIQUE WANTED! (30/07/2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,793 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Some more unintressting shit perspective studies. Also my horrible attempts at drawing straight lines. Also did some traditional perspective studies, will upload when scanned.
    "I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Tonights studies, after Michael Mentler, a bit on the pelvis and some on the ass-muscles. Haven't really had tme today, been out partying all day it feels like.
    "I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski

My TUMBLR!

Thanks
    Todays studies, continued on the Pelvis, after Gottfried Bammes. Gona do more pelvis studies tonight, building my own from memory aswell as drawing them in space.

C&C are welcomed as always.

My TUMBLR!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,190 Times in 1,969 Posts
    dont worry researcher mate.You are already improving your understanding by doing this great studies.
    Keep going !!!!!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks Kingkostas!!!!! I am actually thinking I have an better understanding of how things work now. Always happy when you drop by, mate.

Here's something I wanted to share for anyone checking my sketchbook out, I also posted this in the Cheer Me Up Thread.

New Silent Hill game is coming this spring, even if the game turns out shit (hopefully not) it also means new music by Akira Yamaoka feat Mary Elizabeth McGlynn! Akira Yamaoka composes the music magnificent and plays the guitar superbly and Elizabeth McGlynn got an amazing voice. There's something special about the music made by those two, typical Silent Hill-ish music. I don't know about you guys but I am totally sold on the Silent Hill soundtracks, and this song When You're Gone cheers me up.

Did some more pelvis studies tonight, with the help of this music, after Bammes again (gods I love that book). Started by observing the poses Bammes had made for detailed pelvises, then I adopted what I had learned previously today and put in the simplified pelvis and made it more complex. Think it turned out pretty ok.

My TUMBLR!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 1,015 Posts
    good pelvis studies try to incorporate that in your next character drawing

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Krato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    yep you seem like you simplified in a very nice way(i am sure you will simplify it more later even if you dont think of it )
    If you apply it to a character full pose, the only thing you have to keep in mind(and fix if goes wrong) will be the proportion in comparison with the other elements of the body.So see how smaller or how bigger than something else, after what muscle it starts etc etc. throwing ideas
    Good night mate

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks Krato. I did sorta a character, a skeleton torso and head here which was done with no reference, realise I need to do lotsa more pelvis studies which will be fun!

Also did arms and hands (after Burne Hogarth) for the 400 hands challenge, but now I will mostly do them traditionaly for this challenge.

My TUMBLR!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 1,015 Posts
    nice studies the skeleton looks pretty good to

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Krato For This Useful Post:

Thanks

400 Hands Challenge

Those are some really good advice, kingkostas. Simplifying seems to be the key. Nice of you throwing ideas like that, thanks mate.

51 out of 400 done, 349 left to do. I hope I'll make it in time untill next sunday. :/

Most are studies of Hogarth, Loomis, Bammes - I tried to understand how they did it in order to understand better myself. And some are my own hand and some are out of imagination without reference, easy to spot those.

My TUMBLR!

Thanks
    Well you seem pretty comfortable with your pencil and your studies. What it seems like you need to work on most is your presentation, getting a good read on your paintings. Anatomy studies, while nice to keep your brain fresh, will not assist you in your painting techniques and presentation therein.

Which maybe does not matter to you right now.

But from an efficiency standpoint, I think you could really stand to work on some more digital. Perhaps experiment more with some custom brushes, and just let loose really trying to get a good 3D read on some things. Your studies are great, but while you might be able to get a properly proportioned individual into a painting, making that painting look stellar is something completely different.

Might want to start with something big. Large forms are typically easier to get a feel for than thin forms, it helped me out in the beginning.

Just a suggestion, keep it up regardless of where you head next. My suggestion certainly wouldn't help you with your 400 hands.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Two Listen For This Useful Post:

Thanks

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Two Listen - I fully understand what you're saying, I do admitt I don't know much about how to present something I make. Poses, colour, and all that is pretty unfamiliar to me. I have never studied them before, real study that is, I have though started to understand how colours work - but still only taking my first steps.

Now when you mentioned that I should use different brushes, I realise that I have only used 3 brushes all this time. Maybe I should aswell try and create some of my own aswell.
    Your suggestions will help me in the 400 hands challenge, because I will do some digitally and coloured I have now decided, just to break the pattern and becoming more exploring.

Thanks a lot, Two Listen!

Thanks kingkostas! I really appriciate your support and advice.

My friend mentioned to me that I didn't pay attention to that the middlefinger is as long as half of the hand. Gotta pay attention to the 1/2 hand/finger value.
    Just to not making this day unproductive then what it already have been (idiot hydrology project about a river in Africa) I thought I would post 3 doodles I made fast, with no reference, being as critical as I could towards my self.

And I am going to try and order some col-erase pencils aswell soon, my friend have been nagging at me for over a year to get them, but god I am lazy.

My TUMBLR!

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast