How Would You Proceed?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: How Would You Proceed?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

How Would You Proceed?

I'm unsure about what I should do to finish this piece. How would you proceed?

I appreciate any critiques. I'm especially interested in critiques concerning posing / dynamism and the way I inked the drawing.

Thanks

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, getting the stance a little more foreshortened and in deep space would help I think. start with taking the feet off the same plain.
    I like the idea with the hand instead of arms. but for some reason I can shake the feeling his real arms are hidden behind his back or something. maybe turn his torso a little or something so we can keep thinking that. also would be nice if its possible to get the hand more grabbing at us then downwards as it is now. and the toes.. add some.
    I'm also not sure lining him all the way is the right way to ink;
    still, I like the concelt of the piece. and most of the anatomy seems in order. well, except the feet maybe. they feel smallish. its not just the toes but the entire angle. the lower jaw also needs some work.
    uh. sorry bout all that; I do like the piece. there's still just a lot to fix on it I guess

>>SKETCHBOOK. you'll visit me. I'll visit you, we'll have a tea party. with arts and shit. it'll be dreamy. stop by.
    >>mah tumbr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Please, don't apologize.

You made some great points.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks, I'm glad

>>SKETCHBOOK. you'll visit me. I'll visit you, we'll have a tea party. with arts and shit. it'll be dreamy. stop by.
    >>mah tumbr

TASmith is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    He's neat, I get a sandman vibe. Here's what's unclear. Are his arms behind his back, or is he armless? If he's got arms, I don't see why he wouldn't have them out ready to use as well as the middle arm. Right now, it seems almost like he's thumb wrestling, using only the middle as some silly rule. If he doesn't have arms, then he wouldn't need those big shoulder muscles.

It's also not clear if that's a real arm in his stomach, or just some twisting sand/blob, since it has no anatomy to it. Either make it anatomical, or emphasize its liquid like state.

Also, add more contrast to that hand to make it pop.

I like the painting of his torso, do more of that for his legs, and deemphasize those outlines. They're flattening him.

Members who have read this thread: 1