IDW #99: Ultimate Drawing Tool - Voting

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite entry in this round of IDW!

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • f1guremeout

8 25.00%
  • Rabies

1 3.13%
  • kischi

16 50.00%
  • Majenkus

4 12.50%
  • Bagg

3 9.38%
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Icon IDW #99: Ultimate Drawing Tool - Voting

IDW #99 Topic: Ultimate Drawing Tool

Deadline: Wednesday, May 6

No voting for your own entries! I repeat, no voting for your own entries

Give critiques and comments, we're all here to learn from each other!

Original thread: IDW #99: Ultimate Drawing Tool

Name:  IDW logo poll smaller.JPG
Views: 1091
Size:  7.5 KB

Last edited by yoitisi; April 29th, 2009 at 10:30 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My references:

Within my sketchbook, feel free to examine.

For the IDW #99 - The Ultimate Drawing Tool.

My final proposal:

The Duco Lightscribe Unit, a spacial tablet product that allows the user to sketch objects from freespace without the use of a tablet or paper.

How it works:
    The user wears the wrist unit that both acts as a holder and charger for the scribe, but the image processor to transmit the live sketch to a linked computer. The user can then use the scribe to sketch objects as they see them and "draw" them as if they were to trace with a finger. The result is complied as lines and strokes on the computer screen.

Bottom line:

Think Cintiq, without a screen. You can sketch directly from your personal perspective without paper or a tablet.

Ideation Phase, Refer HERE

Final Panel:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by f1guremeout; April 25th, 2009 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The TA, some like to call it the "T-shirt of Awesome"

f1guremeout
    Were not allowed to chat in the finals thread

Edit
    #7 the hand pads
    For rough control of the suit while drawing

Last edited by Rabies; April 26th, 2009 at 11:17 AM. Reason: I forgot the hand pads! :S

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah my fist IDW, exciting!! I think I came up with this idea, because of the wide-spread sentence in this forum " Omg awesome I'll come and steal your brain" So thats the high tech version of stealing brains

Name:  ultimatedrawingtool_kischi_99.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  140.8 KB

Last edited by kischi; May 1st, 2009 at 07:16 AM.
    when you get to hell, tell them I sent you - you`ll get a group discount

My Sketchbook

kischisart.com
    available for freelance

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kischi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, my name is Glen Artyfarty and I'm here to tell you about this amazing new product. We all want to paint like the masters, but in today's crazy world who can spend all that money and time on messy training and practice? Not me. Well, now there's an easier way - now there's the new Artsy Fartsy Cannon. Now painting like the masters is easy, just choose from the Artsy Fartsy Cannons extensive library of onboard patterns, insert the inexpensive spray paint cans, aim, pull the trigger, and PRESTO! You're a master and it could not be easier or more fun!

Hehe.

Last edited by Majenkus; April 28th, 2009 at 11:40 PM. Reason: It's never really finished is it?

In a box ruled by the evil wacom overlord
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Guys Yay my second IDW, Some really great ideas here

Ok so I dunno whether we were meant to but I'm also including my 3 original concepts in here

1.The ultiamte drawing tool is nature and the planet as all inspiration has come from what we see and know, so What if you could build a planet and mould it's very nature by using the latest in Geo-Grow technologies.

2. Cloud Manipulator Drones are now in use near you to brighten up your skyies

3. ACME Talent Stealer, this nifty machine uses the DNA from artist around the world to build up a library of the greatest talent all to be pumped straight to you brain giving the owner the ability to create the greatest artwork ever seen
    Name:  3 concepts long.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  289.2 KB

The Art Drone -

The art drone is a autonomous drone aircraft that uses small pumps on the surface of the plane to release warm water vapour into the air creating clouds in any shape.
    I beleive this device is the ultimate drawing tool not because it gives you the best and most hassle free tool but because like art should be it is now made accessible to everyone for all to enjoy

Name:  final.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  404.8 KB

Good luck all

SKETCHBOOK

----DESKTOPS THREAD----
    : Share your desktops and wallpapers :

"THE HOLES ARE FOR MY EYES"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Some notes on this round:

I must say I haven't checked if everyone did create 3 concepts before choosing a final, but even so the quality of concepts in this round is rather pleasing Some neat ideas that are worked out to a decent level too, so pat yourself on the shoulder for that.

Also, this is the last round with only 2 numbers in it, since round 100 is coming up. Never thought we'd see the day since first I took on the care of IDW, but I'm still having fun doing it even though I'm a little more busy these days. So keep the awesomeness coming please and a huge thanks for all those who have participated over time, round 100 will be grand!

Last edited by yoitisi; April 29th, 2009 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, tough competition between Majenkus and Kishi.

Majenkus sold me with that character, the design however seems it could aspire to be a bit more streamlined, more simplified with all the forms in it. Or maybe further detail. Im not sure, but something seems a bit missing.

Kishi's concept is exquisitely rendered, much attention into the surfacing and consideration given to material break up. The concept, in my opinion, is a bit pretentious. That aside, the design and its configuration is greatly layed out and formed.

Wouldn't everyone just draw like someone else? Then after those people are gone, do you draw as the person who drew like someone else?

Anyway, awesome entries guys. It was a pleasure.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to f1guremeout For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    figuremeout - The design and presentation are very practical, but maybe a little too much text (I don't think I read it all). I get the impression it is a real pitch for a real product to be developed - you know, more science, less fiction. Great stuff and I look forward to seeing more.

Rabies - I already have a T-shirt of Awesomeness, it says: Phil Collins - Live - 1997. Hehe. Okay, stopping time and dark matter is more awesome than Phil Collins . . . barely.

Kischi - Looks cool. I love that it looks like a parasite, which helps me read what it is doing on my head. A little less science and a little more fiction in this approach. The "push" lettering is mirrored. If you changed that I don't think I would have noticed the drawing on the left is mirrored, but when my eyes see "HSUP" my brain can't help but ask questions.

Majenkus - I agree with F1guremeout, maybe some surface details and cut lines to break up the form would help. It looks like a toy or a WWII grenade launcher. Too chunky. Background and layout kinda suck. Also, where's the color correction ;P

Bagg - I like the idea. Really different, but still real. The image just looks like a cheeky cloud though, it's only because I know what it's for that it makes sense beyond that.

Thanks for the activity, and thanks to everyone who took the time to enter and vote.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Majenkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guy thanks for the comms and crits!

figuremeout: I think the idea is great, and well considered you could have spend more time on finalizing it.

majenkus: The gun is mean! Ha ha must be fun to paint walls with it! The characters face seams a little unsharp and pushes against the red background.

I changed the mirrored push, thanks for the hint

when you get to hell, tell them I sent you - you`ll get a group discount

My Sketchbook

kischisart.com
    available for freelance

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kischi For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.