Sketchbook: Sketch Book - PR - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sketch Book - PR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello bishOp2004

you are right, I am a big fan of Alex Ross art as well some realistic painters... I usually do skecths in pencil because it is what I always have near me... , but I really love this art...

thank you for the visit

by now.... some skecthes I did.... I hope you enjoy

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by pauloricardo; August 20th, 2011 at 12:04 AM. Reason: updating with images
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Oh. You have more skills I imagined (though I became suspicious when you redrew that face in CC and he got a decent nose and mouth). You are totally not used to digital media yet, it seems. You mix soft rendering with scribbly lines (wolf), draw a totally not descriptive, form showing pic using soft brush, scribbly lines and heavy strokes (girl face. it's very odd)... The guy is the best regarding the choice of tools you use, it's consistent. The anatomy part aren't that bad (though the eyes are too big) but you need to understand lighting more. I probably wrote about this in the Critique Center...
    Choose some good, properly lit reference where form is well shown Think about how light reach planes and maybe about cast shadows as well. If you don't use a reference (it may be too early if you wish to get good results but you can use a reference for the lighting but draw a somewhat different face.. but a _very_ different head has different planes, therefore, values), decide your light source and think carefully about your values.
    (..or not, I'm really not the one to talk.)

I'm sorry, I'm unwell right now (I got a too high dose of scorching sun today) and can't think clearly anymore, I hope you understand my sentences at least partially.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello ShiNIN,

thanks for the visit and you are sure, I am not totally used for digital media, I am still studying it... in this moment, I try to apply the same process I use for other medias in digital... also, I am trying to understand better digital tools.... in a few days, I update the guy paintng..

best regards

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm looking forward to it
    The basics are the same for traditional and digital media but the latter has its own difficulties, I experienced that. Keep practicing, I can't say anything else.

Meanwhile, I totally didn't do the overpaint I planned/promised but better late than never, right? I'm sure I said that before, I plan a mostly own portrait based on the head I saw in your original one, totally a selfish act that not necessarily helps.

Good luck

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The woman smiling really caught my eye. Nice work on the gesture. The shading on your previous page is very well done. The Conan especially even though the horse's mane is too linear and too many dark lines to show the hair "path".

Good stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shinin and liquidjack, thanks for the visit comments, I hope to see you back here...

meanwhile, I am uploading a skecth I made to train colour theory...

best regards for all

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by pauloricardo View Post
    Dears,

I am starting my sketch book on conceptart.org. As I am still a beginner, I would like to receive many suggestions and criticism as possible. I have decided to do this illustration some time ago, while watching some old horror movies. Behind the box, there were a picture of the original movie poster, which I have used as a reference. Thus, I added some details as the scars and putrid marks in the face. Also, I choose not giving so much details on his clothes.

To start it, I am posting an image I made some time ago just to trainning the use of graphite, and to use as a bassis to paint it digitally.

Cheers!
    nice job

Last edited by ianessom; March 15th, 2012 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ianessom View Post
    wats this crap?
    this kind of comments from a person like you can be considered as an apraise, since I am a student and you consider yourself as a professional...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by pauloricardo View Post
    this kind of comments from a person like you can be considered as an apraise, since I am a student and you consider yourself as a professional...
    he's definitely not a professional. just a sourpuss that can't give or take critiques at all. the fact that you are eager to learn still means that you will leave him in the dust in no time, and he will never understand why he can't get any better.

some of your quicker stuff sometimes looks too quick to me. it doesn't seem to mesh with the higher polish stuff like your pieta piece, which is extremely nice. i'm not sure if i am making any sense here, but i don't see a transition. or much of one anyway.

i suppose what i would recommend would be to spend a bit more time on the quicker sketchbook pieces, or find a medium like chalk or pastel or something, where it can still be really quick, but can also give you more polished results.

this isn't as big an issue with your newer stuff, but it might help.

either way, nice sketchbook so far. you should definitely upload some of those fully rendered pieces from your other website here.

aaron.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
    some of your quicker stuff sometimes looks too quick to me. it doesn't seem to mesh with the higher polish stuff like your pieta piece, which is extremely nice. i'm not sure if i am making any sense here, but i don't see a transition. or much of one anyway.

i suppose what i would recommend would be to spend a bit more time on the quicker sketchbook pieces, or find a medium like chalk or pastel or something, where it can still be really quick, but can also give you more polished results.

this isn't as big an issue with your newer stuff, but it might help.

either way, nice sketchbook so far. you should definitely upload some of those fully rendered pieces from your other website here.

aaron.
    Hello Aaron, thanks for the visit...

After checking his work, I just tried to be sarcastic in my answer, in a case he would return to read it.

in this SB section, I posted some mix of works in very differe steps...

Pieta is a sample of a finished piece, but most of the others are just ideas that I not developed a simple draft yet, but I put that in my real SB... but you gave me a good point, because I don't work too much the transitions of the ideas to generate a final composition... but the SB could be a good tool to that... I will try to make it... thanks for the advice.

best regards,

Paulo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello dears,

Some studies I have done.... I hope you enjoy it and I would like to hear from you crits and comments...

best regards

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello dears,

I am upating my sketch book are after some time. I am adding here some sample I intend to work on a near future. I hope you enjoy it, crits and comments are welcome.

Best regards,Name:  digitalizar0026.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  202.3 KBName:  digitalizar0028.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  128.7 KBName:  digitalizar0029.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  69.8 KBName:  digitalizar0030.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  62.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The lion and the chimpanzee are looking great!
    You intend to continue them? because they don't look like as if they are done

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Chompi'n View Post
    The lion and the chimpanzee are looking great!
    You intend to continue them? because they don't look like as if they are done
    Chompi'n,

Thank you!

Yes, I intend to finish the lion using watercolours, indian ink and charcoal. About the gorilla, I am in doubt if I use the same medium or if I use oils. I am uploading a piece I did some time ago, using a similar technique. I hope you enjoy. Also, c&c are always welcome.

Best regards

Name:  IMG_0301.JPG
Views: 47
Size:  67.5 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

A sketch made while the teacher was absent from class (it was more than 40 minutes)

Name:  digitalizar0002.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  71.8 KB

I hope you enjoy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Today's sketch

This is the sketch of today made in lunch time... not finished work on shadows...

Name:  digitalizar0003.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  71.6 KB

best regards

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello people,

I am posting a sketch for a future painting, I hope you enjoy it.

best regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 5