Art: Star Trek hype

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Star Trek hype

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Star Trek hype

so all of you should know that star trek the movie is coming out and i got pretty excited with teh trailers and what not.. so i decided to do up a fanart.. of a vulcan! i loved tpol on enterprise and decided to do a random female vulcan..

hmmm what else.... i like my new coloring style, not sure if its for everyone tho.. probably wont land me a job. anyways star trek is awesome and everyone should go watch it on IMAX! anything less is an insult!

please comment and critique.. maybe even insult me..

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha, Star Trek art in Ca. I never thought I'd see the day. I quite like the style, though it could use some more refinement I think. She looks nice and I like some of teh gradients you included on the legs and hair for example. Also the panties are awesome. Background is a bit meh in regard to the subject.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    Ha, Star Trek art in Ca. I never thought I'd see the day. I quite like the style, though it could use some more refinement I think. She looks nice and I like some of teh gradients you included on the legs and hair for example. Also the panties are awesome. Background is a bit meh in regard to the subject.

Cheers
    hello there thanks for the comment! what kind of refinements u talkin about willies

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your girl looks good, however, the line on her left leg that is following parallel to her panties is distracting and should be removed. The ship in the background (I don't watch Star Trek so I don't know the name of it ) needs to have stronger more clean lines rather than the loose kinda shaky lines you have in the peace. This will help to make the ship more believable and metal like. Also, the underside has been neglected of detail. Add some lights and windows or something, because right now it looks very blank and empty. Back to the girl again, I think she could use some stronger highlights and darker darks to make her pop out of the picture a bit more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, next time you do Star Trek Fanart, please make sure it fits the Universe and the Context.
    A Vulcan Woman would NEVER pose like this, or even look that way, since they act logical and suppress their emotions. (Unless they are Sick or in Pon Farr ;-)

EDIT: Please dont get me wrong, I like the image, its well executed and i like the colours and lines. The crit was only about the content. Trek-Nerds are the worst, i know, and im sorry!!

Last edited by Kfeeras; April 23rd, 2009 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *Sigh* fan art in panties or bikinis just kind of pisses me off... Especially for a series that in the past has done a lot to promote equality and go against stereotypes.

That aside, it seems like the hip/thigh anatomy is off. Did you draw the whole figure before cropping? If not, you should. There's nothing wrong with your coloring style but thinking about the light a little more and shading with a little more purpose will go a long way for you. The backgound needs either more or less attention - right now it looks unfinished. But other than that I do like the color job

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I love your "new coloring style" it's for me, I don't like Star Trek but she looks hot to me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 473 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Especially for a series that in the past has done a lot to promote equality and go against stereotypes.
    "In the past", yes...but you can't tell me that the "Oh no! Ratings are slumping, let's put a big-titted blonde Borg chick in the show!" or the "Hey, that big-titted blonde Borg did so well, let's put a big-titted, big-LIPPED vulcan in the next!" was particularly tasteful. Star Trek is anything but pure in this regard..and there are significantly worse Star Trek pr0n out there, anyway, so I think it's hardly worth mentioning here.

That said, I like the image Rice. The pose feels natural to me and I agree what was said about the subtle gradients used here and there, it adds a lot. I also agree that the background seems like an afterthought, though. The ship is well drawn, but doesn't seem the match the effort as far as the coloring goes with the female figure. Maybe something a little more subtle and with less contrast in the background? Not sure....

Either way, nice piece of fan art.

-D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    She's hot... Too bad the Vulcan mating ritual is so brutal (can you hear the music?).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its a great pic i enjoy the girl and the BG i also agree with the comments regarding the ship and the line on the leg. Other wise great work and pshaw since when do fan works have to make sense with in the context of the show, stop complaining trekies and rejoice at teh sexy the shows rarely show us! after all its not as if this was a company release that might detract from the purity of the universe fan works are for fun.

Check out my Sketch Book here
    Crits always welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i could be wrong but wasn't captain kirk always bedding a different alien every week? he was a man w***e! and yes i do hate how star trek super nerds act, if it entertains me thats all that matters, i like tpol and thats that. i dont care if a vulcan doesn't act a certain way, i guess u can call me a lightweight fan of the star trek universe.. but i came in at voyager and enterprise.. which people seem to hate.. lol

oh about the lines... i actually like what kenneth rocafort does with his art.. so i borrowed a bit.. but he does it to a super crazy extent.

and yes i got lazy with the ship, i knew the undersided needed more and neglected it.. i think i was suppose to put some words on it too.. i guess ill do that when i post it on my deviantart page... i got banned for 6 days

Last edited by riceface; April 24th, 2009 at 01:03 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is true cap-en Kirk was all about the sexy alien ladies, even Picard had his share of younger beauties :p Voyager was awesome it has 10X the borg goodness of TNG!

Check out my Sketch Book here
    Crits always welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    as an image it looks awesome, probably a few things could be touched up a bit more but other than that it looks really good. however you might want to try a different race to be posing in panties. i never thought vulcans would be seen in a cheeky half naked pose. vulcans don't generally smile and she's tweaking at the corners of her mouth. i do like this image. but just not sure bout how true to roddenberry's vision it is

inspire the forbidden

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.