Feng Zhu School of Design - Singapore

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon Feng Zhu School of Design - Singapore

Heya CA.org,

I was told by a friend of mine in Thailand that the legendary Feng has recently started up a school for Entertainment design in Singapore this month (April). I plan on going in a year's time, when I've sorted out a few mental problems. I haven't seen a thread about it in this sub-forum, so I thought I would start one.

There are two types or courses which are offered. Short certificate courses that goes on for 4 or 6 weeks, lasting 4 hours each. And a 1 year intensive course divided into three terms.

The school is a real godsend. I had originally dreamed of attending Art Center in Pasadena and enrolling in Entertainment Design, but the fact that my family doesn't have any network in Los Angeles makes this difficult to aspire to. Whereas my family have some business friends in Singapore, making attending Feng's school more attractive.

Here's the link to the website:

http://www.fzdschool.com/index.htm

There might not be much to talk about, since the school has only recently just opened. But it would be nice to hear from anyone else who is going.

"Never regret thy fall from grace, O' spirit of Icarian flight, for the greatest tragedy of them all to face, is to never feel the burning bright"
    Believe my lies, for I tell the truth about them. Or would you rather me lie about telling the truth?

| Sketchbook | Live Stream | Portfolio | dA | Facebook | Tumblr |
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just recently found out about this myself. It seems interesting. But I plan on waiting to see the student work that comes out of this, before putting 'too' much stock into it. Although, if the instruction is good coming from Feng Zhu himself, and from his colleagues, it could pose a very interesting option of education after a BFA.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I'm anxious to see the students' works as well. This is Feng afterall, so it couldn't be that bad.

Just thought I would bump this post, and see if hopefully anyone here has gone there yet. I didn't realised anyone replied to this thread before, as it didn't update in my user control panel on subscribed threads.

http://www.fzdschool.com/gallery_student.htm is the student gallery, but it's empty at the moment. Hopefully we'll see something in the coming months.

"Never regret thy fall from grace, O' spirit of Icarian flight, for the greatest tragedy of them all to face, is to never feel the burning bright"
    Believe my lies, for I tell the truth about them. Or would you rather me lie about telling the truth?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its 40 000 SGD for that1 year program, thats very expansive lol i wish i had that kind of $$

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Guys,

We have obtained WDA Subsidy for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents for our Diploman in Entertainment Design. The fees after subsidy can be found here: http://www.fzdschool.com/admission_fee.htm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow ! Good news but frustration for me it's too expansive.
    In any case, it's well that this is not only the usa. I hope one day (not too far either) that the exact type of schools will open in France, or the aid of the WDA can be available for an intl student who live for one year.
    About the language, English I think, it needs a minimum score ? (TOEFL)
    One year it is not a little bit ? either the required level to enter is high.
    Another question about portfolio for entry, good drawing skills is required of course, but traditional skills (drawing from life, etc) or this is better to have design skills.

Last edited by kevlineuh; July 5th, 2009 at 04:47 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Decided to post again in response to FZDSchool putting up some student artworks:

http://www.fzdschool.com/gallery_student.htm

Seems pretty good. I've still got some mental conditions to iron through (Crippling panic attacks and paranoid delusions every 3 or 4 days), so I'll try to go next year. The next intake is in October I believe, and if things go smoothly for me, I just might be able to make it. But probably not.

Anyhow, just wanted to share. I'm by no means endorsing the school, I'm just a curious art student who wants to know more, and if possible get into contact with some of the students to see how "intense" the school is.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    From what I know The school focuses a lot on building up your foundation and your design sense. The course is also modeled after Art center's curriculum. It's also not like a traditional art school in the sense that there is no life drawing etc. but rather a more industrial design approach will be taught during the course.

My Sketchbook---> http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...t=76667&page=4
    Comments and help greatly appreciated! Thanks a million!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, Rabbi Satan .... ( haha! wtf man weird nick ) asked me a few question about FZD.
    I have been working in games for 3 years now so my case was different than the average student.

I did a pro certificate of 6 sessions of 4 hours each. On Production Painting which covers a lot of environment, and depicting key scenes of a project. It was damn efficient and I really got a kick out of it. For those in the region, contact the school directly or drop by if possible and see for yourselves. They're a great bunch there so no worries, they'll help you out.

I don't know much about the 1 year cursus though, I know the teachers and have been in Feng's class, so all I can say is expect hard work, for real. That's how you improve anyway, so it's all good.

Good luck !

Last edited by Fred Rambaud; July 26th, 2009 at 11:46 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 4