Sketchbook: Zorcron's Sketchbook July 13 Summer Update ! - Page 8
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Zorcron's Sketchbook July 13 Summer Update !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    your enviros are looking better and better, keep it up!

--would give enviro advice but i suck at them ;P

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Krato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alrighty im back in action guys, got real sick with the flu and slept for a week pretty much

heres a quick warm up getting some texture in there, just got a good 3 hours of figure drawing in il post some tomorrow !

this is just fleshing out a sketch i had a tiny bit more

Attached Images Attached Images  
    My Sketchbook

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...156231&page=11

"Poor is the pupil who does not surpass his master

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your last piece looks pretty soft and there are no hard edges, try working on it some more and making it more believable

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Krato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fleshing out some of the shapes...

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    try to use more colors in your work the last piece looks like it can use more colors.
    My suggestion is also try painting more photos that offer a wide range of lighting values and color, mostly Well lit landscapes so you can learn how everything works together.

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny_K For This Useful Post:

Pixie Trick is offline Industrial Design of the Week Leader
    Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi!!!!!

It was great to meet you at the NPD! Talk about a one in a million chance meeting in that enormous line. Hope the rest of your day went well and you got to meet some school reps.

I really like your latest cave enviro. It has a very nice atmosphere and well balanced. Your sketchbook pages also look like they have a ton of personality. The oil landscapes are my favourites though I think.

The top things I would suggest working on would be line quality and accuracy. If you grab something big and permanent (marker...crayon... whatever...) it teaches the value of mark making very quickly. Accuracy is easy to fix: practice from life!!!

You have some lovely work here anyway!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie Trick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys im back, il fill you in and post more on sunday, lots happnin ! (im not a very good member of the community just disappearing for 3-4 weeks at a time am i ? haha )

hope all is well

anatomy studies from different places
    study/sketchbook/ Acrylic on canvas wip color/texture/composition 3 feet wide

My Sketchbook

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorcron For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome back bro!, the landscape pawns in many levels, now start whooping those studies and update update update!

Cya soon

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danny_K For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    YES! Zorcron is back!!
    And OMG!! acrylics on canvas really blew me away!! you gave me some strength to work with those again, because the last time i used them it was horrible !

i just want to know, and thank you for coming over at my sketch book, and at the right time on top, is it possible to learn a medium like acrylics, like watercolour or any other medium that uses paint and such on your own? and i mean on my own, because i live in a really small town where you must go to other cities to find professional stuff or even decent watercolours, so you can imagine how it would be looking for someone to help you out, or even someone to observe..

Anyway, i see you doing some anatomy studies too, looking at that foot from this page and the legs from the last page, they look like a blast!
    Your traditional thumbs are really nice and living in the middle of nowhere with such lovely scenery can be a real treat for the artist,no hehe
    I really like all your other little projects and seeing them makes me believe even more how fun traditional mediums can be!

I hope you'll post even more from now on!
    ps. I won't stop trying, because i simply can, i am just to attracted to paint all of the sudden and i..i just can't let it be! so never mind the question lol

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    man WICKED GONZO EPIC YOU HAVE AN AMAZING POWER THAT SHINES THROUGH IN YER WORK

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    (just so everybody knows the top page of the sketchbook with Landscape studies is not my work the bottom are just studies of the paper i pasted )

hey folks i had a life drawing session on sunday i learned a ton and it was super fun

heres a landscape im reworking from the summer time which has been pretty fun

one of the better drawings from the life drawing session i would say (12 min pose) as i build more confidence with the subject my line will follow along but right now its scratchy and unsure a lot of the time so off to more study !

and a couple gestures

BlackDelphin Thanks for stopping by.it is totally possible to learn acrylics water colors, even oils by your self especially with all thats on the internet

although i cant say that has totally been my expierance though i do learn a lot my self. in a small town 15 min away theres a landscape artist who has taken me under his wing for the past year so he has been a big influence before i also hang out with a small group of artists about 5 of us or so...

but keep on the lookout for those oppurtunitys and just because their may not be a large community around you physicly there is here at CA so by all means START PAINTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRANNY: my bruv you are a true inspiration to me mate keep the goods coming that means a lot

Krato: thanks mate il keep it in mind

Pixie Trick: hey! you are probably away because i think your SB it said you are leaving on a trip but it was crazy to see you at NPD thanks for the kind words and i'l keep it in mind

Last edited by Zorcron; December 14th, 2009 at 11:16 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well you certainly gave me a motivation boost
    But i still don't know where to start!!

Are there any sites or books you would recommend, or that helped you out?

Really looking forward to see this new painting of yours done

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Oh man, love the paintings!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really solid stuff mate@!

Infact, you've really steped it up on this last page, really good to see! And I really appreciate the time you seem to take to help others here out... keep CA strong bro!

Cheers,
    matt

Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

23. The Following User Says Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    working on a portrait of and for my little bro...

need to work tons on his hair eyes and he needs more space between mouth and chin ....values are getting close then i need to work out this color

good practice i need loads more

starting tomorrow im moving all my art supplys to a room in a barn building not 70 feet from my house (dry walled rooms on the second floor) theres a largeish room that has been there for a while just storage... anywho theres plenty of natural light and space so its time to set up my paints and newsprint ect over there

il be way less distracted while im working ! also il be entering beast mode 5 hours of sleep and at least 7 hours a day in that room(no computer as well. the internet is insanely distracting) i want to see gains again and the only way to do that is WORK very very hard

now untill late january is all the time i have to work exclusively on what i'd like to be doing untill the hometest arrives from Cooper Union il be working on that full out for 1 month

chances of getting in to cooper union are very slim although i did have a pretty cool interview with a painting prof there

if i dont get in il most likely end up at NSCAD a nice school in halifax nova scotia (not only very reputable but close to where i live as well) with lots of chances to travel

i promise il get some okay digital work done soon haha

expect loads soon...its time to get in to the A GAME state of mind !

Last edited by Zorcron; December 26th, 2009 at 11:12 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 645 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Your paints are looking awesome.
    I was so digging that last digital environments, looked very cool and promising. Also a huge jump forward.

It's really cool to see you experimenting with traditional stuff, you've got some great results going on.

Keep up the cool work!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Nibras For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Moving in to my new studio space is going swell il post pics tomorrow

check this out if you like good music ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fro0g...eature=related crazy cool haha

ive also got this insane idea for a new installation on the beach it has to do with borderlines and property im going to need to pick up a few friends to help me erect these huge pieces of driftwood that wash up on the shore all along the beach

its going to be rockin im starting prelimanary sketches and il do a study as well so pumped !
    there are a couple pictures documenting my last installation back on page 5 for anybody who is interested

thanks lilnebo!

Last edited by Zorcron; December 28th, 2009 at 05:54 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those photos from page 5, well, i think that place looks quite inspiring. It is quiet there, no?
    That cello dude was something pretty different, thanks for the link!

Lovely seeing you experiment in traditional medium.
    Looking forward to see more!

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    moving in to my studio space has been wicked ! here are a couple photos, the idea for this space is the whole room is my sketchbook.. i think its a pretty fun idea haha

A Turner Poster to keep me humble...

and progress on the portrait im doing, laying in some oil pastel over the acrylics im liking the color so far i need to get the likeness down more (i feel like this one is a step up for me especially as far as portraits go)

couldnt get out and sketch much today if you can see out that window its veryy snowy haha

BlackDelphin: yeah this place where i live is definatly inspirational its probably one of the reasons i connect with landscape so much

my aim was to use more greys so the colors "pop" Squint and it becomes a bit more clear that the light on the face is around his nose is super wrong i can fix it though

I got my post on now haha ! getting in to the zone and workin hard. hope everybody is doing well, here comes 2010 folks !!!!

Last edited by Zorcron; December 29th, 2009 at 09:24 PM.
    My Sketchbook

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zorcron For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have a really interesting studio space, should be great make sure you have a fan or something i bet that place will get hot in the summer.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Krato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa solid progress all around very good, I love the studio it's small but cozy, and yes make sure you ventilate it especially if you are using any chemicals like turpentine or oil paints, those things are poisonous :/

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny_K For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys.. got quite a few hours in today i might start a digital painting later tonight as well

i did a bunch of landscape sketches just straight out of my head i included the best one IMO

some more color graphs on the wall i want to fill up the whole wall by next week haha

im going to document this still life from start to finish so far about 45 min or so (i had started another one but decided to do a paintover with this scene ) hopefully tomorrow il be able to spend a good 4 hours or so on it and finish it up

def making the effort to work hard every day...

hopefully the weather will be good one of these days i can go out and do preliminary sketches for the big installation i'd like to do

Kratoyeah for sure man... though if things go they way im planning il be moving out to artschool in Sept im sure il miss this space haha

Danny K thanks man its def a step up from my bedroom haha now i can walk around in between brushstrokes and everything has its place. its very nice i dont think il have to worry too much about ventilation theres a window that i can open and the whole building is pretty airy thanks for the concern though (one night i left a big jar of brush cleaner and stuff right beside my head before i went to bed... woke up with a bad headache lol! )

im really trying to work my color temperatures more ... if the hue and temperatures are harmonizing correctly it just looks that much more complete( the other day i was driving on the local highway and the shadows in the snow were this vibrant blue and the low light was this golden shade on the trees, i thought to my self... this is what its about )

Last edited by Zorcron; December 30th, 2009 at 09:25 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    did not get to work on it as much as i would have liked today but its still moving along..

happy new years everybody !

going to keep working it

its pretty cool to see a photo for each phase of the painting haha stoked to see it at the end. i need to correct the tilt of the paint jar i think my canvas board must have slipped one way a little bit cause the whole painting is slightly lopsided haha

updates every day now RAWR!

:EDIT: HAPPPSSS NEW YEAR 2010 here it comes people

Last edited by Zorcron; December 31st, 2009 at 11:28 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thx for stopping by my sketchbook. Good work on those studies. I really like your first piece in post 217. On your paintings, try painting with a bigger brush first and set up the lights and darks, then start to add in detail. It always works for me Keep at it.

Draw draw draw

Draw draw draw

Eric needs to DRAW DRAW DRAW

Do not Click DETONATE Do not Click

Deviantart page

Gotta sketchem all blog

Tumblr

39. The Following User Says Thank You to palladium For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Diggin' all the impressionism stuff and those landscapes man! But, I would love to see you do some cityscapes with your style. They would be dope for sure.

The Sketchbook of Naj and Stu!:
    SKETCHBOOK

And of course go check out the SB of DefiledVisions

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart DeViva For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    HAHA YER STUDIO RRRRRRRRRRROOOCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSS AN ITS SoOOOO COOL YER JUST GETTING WARMED UP HAHA I CANT WAIT FER 2010 ITS ABOUT TO RRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY NEW YEAR

43. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love your style! twas great to flip through this sb and see how you've progressed. I'll def be back. Keep up the good work!

45. The Following User Says Thank You to BranFlakes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Indeed good progress, and good value studies. Post 221 is my favourite from what you have posted recently.

Will appreciate critique anywhere, anytime .
    My Ramblings

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Oddo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the still life and a couple scribbles from my sketchbook

hrm time to move on to something new i think... i think im just wrecking it now haha

Oddo thanks man, il keep at it

BranFlakes thanks ! hopefully il see you around

GRANNNYYYYYYYYYYYY i can feel it too man just WARMIN UP

Umpa thanks bro il have to come up with some cool street scene

Palladium no problem mate il keep that in mind

:EDIT: going to come back to some digital as well now and kick it up a notch ! probably some enviros

Last edited by Zorcron; January 1st, 2010 at 10:10 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the acrylic environments man. THey're super awesome. Love how you're super raw with the acrylics and get a very awesome messy feel. Looks really raw haha. I like it.

One thing you should keep in mind though is not to push it too far when blending in the yellow and all the different colours. It makes it look a lot less realistic. For example with that pot. I think It looked best before you smudged all the different colours into. Look at some old masters they don't realy do that either. You can ofcourse blend yellow with the surface colour you working on to get some slight hue variations but no this obvious.

ANyway cool stuff kipitup!

50. The Following User Says Thank You to jordyskateboardy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great oils man, not capable of giving crits on any of those. Just dropping some encouragement, keep it up eh.

Really liking the song you posted in post 169

52. The Following User Says Thank You to IvoM For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2