Concept Artist Looking for work...

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Concept Artist Looking for work...

Hello, My name is Michael Buffington Jr., I am a native of San Francisco, California, where I received my education in traditional Illustration at the Academy of Art College. I am currently looking for work in the game industry as a Concept Artist, but I would be open to other positions as well.

I posses a high level of traditional drawing and painting skills and am proficient in many areas of concept design. Because of my strong drawing abilities I am able to work in a variety of styles depending on the task, and can produce very quickly. I have a strong work ethic and am very dedicated to developing my abilities as an artist. One of my strongest assets is that I always bring a positive attitude to the table, which allows me to work well as a part of a team. I have years of experience with Photoshop, Painter, and many other 2D Programs and I am currently learning 3D studio max.

Along with this email I have attached a resume. I am currently revising my portfolio, but my work as of October 2003 can be seen online at www.pencilmileage.net. Thank you for you consideration and hope to hear from you soon.

Michael Buffington Jr.
    pencilmileage@earthlink.net
    www.pencilmileage.com

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you probably already know this, but you are sort of a hero to a lot of the AAC kids that have heard of you.. you should post more often here..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

R U kidding???

Wow! What a tremendous compliment. I had no Idea. That really feels good to know that my peers appreciate my work. I've been able to stay pretty humble though. I guess once you get a few doors slammed in your face it helps to remind you that your growth as an artist never stops. Wait till you guys see my new stuff. I should be finished with this next round of concept work about late Feb. early March. Hey, by the way...If you ever have any questions or if you ever need any help feel free to hit me up at my personal email michaelbuffingtonjr@yahoo.com. I'd also love to get together with any of you guys to go draw. I'm sort of a sketchahlic. Thanks again for the kind encouraging words, I will definately post here in the future.

:chug:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Re: R U kidding???

Originally posted by mbuffington
    Wow! What a tremendous compliment. I had no Idea. That really feels good to know that my peers appreciate my work. I've been able to stay pretty humble though. I guess once you get a few doors slammed in your face it helps to remind you that your growth as an artist never stops. Wait till you guys see my new stuff. I should be finished with this next round of concept work about late Feb. early March. Hey, by the way...If you ever have any questions or if you ever need any help feel free to hit me up at my personal email michaelbuffingtonjr@yahoo.com. I'd also love to get together with any of you guys to go draw. I'm sort of a sketchahlic. Thanks again for the kind encouraging words, I will definately post here in the future.

:chug:
    no doubt dude.. im not the type to be on anyone's dick or nothing, like what i see a lot at AAC, but ive seen people who have copies of your sketchbook pages... did you ever run a workshop? i know poeple who have learned from you, so i was wondering if you ever did... maybe "hero" was too strong a word hah, but still id love to see some new work, espec. out of your sketchbook.. I know a lot of the guys who hang out at workshops cuz im there all the time too, and they're friends with guys who you probly went to class with, like Jerome Opena, James McClellan, David Lee, and those guys.. dont know if you still contact them, but you should probly get together with the other sketchaholics at the workshops..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Yeah I ran a couple of intercession workshops back in the day, but its been a while since I last did that. Yeah, I remember when I was coming up in school, many of the upperclassmen were...er, um...how should I say this? Not very helpful. Which is something that always pissed me off. :bash:

So i just try to help out whomever I can whenever. You know? But yeah I know all those cats. it's been a while since i touched based woth any of them though. As Far as workshops are concerned, no can do until they do something about these ridiculous new rules about people entering the buildings. Hey If you want to sketch hit me up at my email. Later.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Re: ..........

Originally posted by mbuffington
    Yeah I ran a couple of intercession workshops back in the day, but its been a while since I last did that. Yeah, I remember when I was coming up in school, many of the upperclassmen were...er, um...how should I say this? Not very helpful. Which is something that always pissed me off. :bash:

So i just try to help out whomever I can whenever. You know? But yeah I know all those cats. it's been a while since i touched based woth any of them though. As Far as workshops are concerned, no can do until they do something about these ridiculous new rules about people entering the buildings. Hey If you want to sketch hit me up at my email. Later.
    yeah.. the sutter gallery is still easy to get into.. no one checks id's there.. Im not in the city, but once the spring semester starts up, we should all hook up.. i need more people around me that are serious about art anyway..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

sounds good...

Sounds good dude...we should all definately hook up and sketch. and FYI always surround your self around serious people. It will motivate you to improve your skills like you wouldn't believe. I mean, besides, who wants to be the waekest one in the clicque....hahaha! Later.:chug:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.