Sketchbook: Ethpants' sketches, or his attempt to get into the habit of doing such. *nudity*
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Ethpants' sketches, or his attempt to get into the habit of doing such. *nudity*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ethpants' sketches, or his attempt to get into the habit of doing such. *nudity*

Hello all.

I've been lurking around here gathering inspiration for the last few years, and have now decided it's time to start a sketchbook. (mainly for the purpose of pressuring myself to get into my drawing-habits again.) I'm a 21yo male from Sweden that have been drawing on and off for a couple of years. Mostly off. =/ My interest was recently rekindled though, and I've realized that something that I take such great pleasure in doing must be worth putting more energy into. Or something like that. Bottom line: It's time to get working on those core skills and get into a productive habit.

Although not expected, all yelling and complaining is of course appreciated.

60sec poses from tonight, two quick valuestudies from ref, a 1h speedpaint of my sister plus a coloured pose from ref:

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Today, two rounds of 60sec posemaniacs poses, 30 min each, plus two non-ref'd doodles. Enjoy, or whatever it is you do, imaginary viewers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Today: some more 60sec poses and a quick sp from a picture, since I don't have a mirror set up in my apartment yet. I'm trying to figure out a daily set of excercises to practise with. Maybe rotating over the week. Fields I want to get better at includes, but are not restricted to, anatomy, gesture, value, colour, landscape-composition and linequality.

Looking at all the wonderful sketchbooks out there really keeps me motivated, thank you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good studies so far. Keep up all the hard work, because it'll pay off! Just look at the other sketchbooks on here if you need proof

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heck, only a few poses tonight (switched to photoshop from OC for these btw), I had so much other stuff to do. =/ And I gotta get a hold of a scanner so I can scan my moleskin pages.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I understand how you feel. I have been drawing on and off for the last 6-7 years (20 here) and i had almost stopped completely for the last 3 of those 6 years, now I'm trying get into the same habit (I realized the same thing you did about finding a lot of pleasure in drawing.) And lately I have been back into it as well. Good job on all the poses! lol I'm working on the same thing too as I type this. I should do some painting now...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ShoUkaki: Here's to hoping we're able to stay in the habit! Good luck to you.

Lou Holsten: I am, that's what motivates me Thanks.

Meh, haven't updated for a couple' days. Busy weekend, no digital sketches, and I still gotta get a scanner. (or a camera for that matter ) Here's some poses for today though, I'll try to make up for lost time this weekend

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Managed to get some stuff done today. Not enough, but some. I should do some digital life-painting, and some landscape studies. and more anatomy.

Random doodle from head, studies of vertebrae from "anatomy for artists" by sarah simble, and more posemaniacs stuff. 30sec. They suck today. =/

Vertebrae seems kinda far-out .. they don't exactly create any big shapes in the figure, but I have OCD thoughts that make me start from the beginning and cover everything.

If any of you have tips on good anatomybooks, please share I've looked in some threads on the matter, and tried some loomis, some hogarth, some bridgman, and now this simble-stuff. It's all good, but alternatives are always appreciated.

I'm also very interested in good tutorials/excercises/whatever on digital landscape painting... Yes, yes, I'll go look for the appropriate threads myself. Sorry.

Also, I learned today that the lens in the human eye is named after the legume lentil, and not the other way around. Therefore I've begun to wonder about kidneys... are they thusly named AFTER kidney-beans? /off-topic

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.