P.O.W.! Challenge 23--Warriors Never Cry... - Page 2

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    deucerok!!! you rock.comics in general are sold as a whole....i'd buy it...if you kept the story line true to the game!the thing i hate about CA is almost everyone you encounter here is a nay'sayer.
    Mickeymao..... no offense but the majority of comics i grew up with perspective, anatomy. correct preportion. didn't really happen all that much....if ya know what i mean.

Last edited by j.s. sabastian; May 10th, 2009 at 06:34 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

my final...

as my first PS> comic thread i am happy all though i can see why the traditianal way's are superior when it comes to line work and such i also recognize the work put in to it. to be honest i'm tired of working on this shit!...whatever....bitches...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to j.s. sabastian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    J.S.: Solid work man. The script leaves a little to be desired, but there are a few panels here that I'd like to point out as sheer brilliance.

1. The top of page 1! Awesome start!! The characters feel gritty and the juxtaposition of color for the beasts/ogres/outcast orcs in the cold outside with the warm colors used on the inside are excellent! The perspective on the latter half of the page needs work in that it needs a more aggressive/dynamic styling. It reminds me of an example in 'How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way.'

2. The bottom of page 2 is fantastic. Great composition! The upper left is a great drawing, but I might have liked to see a stronger demonstration of uncertainty of fear. Also, you had a lot of great ideas, but they're really compacted.

3. The upper right and bottom left are great panels. The figures communicate well. The confident stride in the upper right, along with the uncertain, but strong entry in the bottom left. The faces leave a lot to be desired here. I might even recommend their omission in the upper left hand corner. His calling upon entry is pretty suitable to pique his interest. This would leave more room for his reaction shot to be fleshed out.

4. I like this panel because shows the warm home turning into a fiery hate. The dead woman in the upper left steals this page for me. It's well worked out. I would have recommended centering this and using the whole horizontal length of the top to really draw this out as a pause. This would help the reader by emphasizing the loss. A longer panel = longer time for the reader's eye to transgress the page.

5. The final is the final page... I would have liked to see either of the following: More of him burning his past//Arriving at the camp of the Ogres. It would have left me with a stronger sense of closure or an anticipation to see what this character would do to the beasts!

Overall: Your panels flow consistently. Except the last. What I mean by this is watch the progression that your eyes take as they're taking in the story... it's always a Z path. Your lighting in at times is really inspired. Great Work!

Deuce.Rok

The Gallery
    My Gallery on CA

The SketchBook
    My Sketchbook on CA

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeuceRok For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    dude that was freak'n rad thar be a grin on ma face thanks g'

Thanks
    Welp, it isn't finished but I think you can get the idea clearly enough. Plus I kind of like the looseness working so quickly gave the whole thing... Anyway here it is!

I'm not sure how that last page ended up so small. :C

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by idoru; May 10th, 2009 at 03:15 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idoru For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oh cool! A third entry so Ilaekae won't have to take my lame entry to poll if he doesn't want to. I like that we are getting all these new people.

Thanks
    Artattn, it's not lame. It's solid. I'm going all cartoon on the next challenge. You inspired me to deviate from my classic style.

-Deuce

Deuce.Rok

The Gallery
    My Gallery on CA

The SketchBook
    My Sketchbook on CA

Thanks
    Hi All,

My first POW challenge. God I'm glad that's done with. Ha ha. Challenge really is the right word. This is ridiculously hard.

Bird

Name:  Warriors Never Cry page 1.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  243.6 KB

Name:  Warriors Never Cry page 2.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  273.9 KB

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waterbird For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Beautifully done, everyone. I'll have the poll up tomorrow, AND will have a poll up for the LAST challenge, because it got left in the dust by my being humiliated by the CHOW team challenge.

New Challenge will also be up tomorrow afternoon...the subject/title should give us everything from schmaltz to horror to work with...

Last edited by Ilaekae; May 11th, 2009 at 06:06 PM.
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    dude i am so confused right now! i feel like i just walked into a bad plot in the middle of a shitty movie. what got left in the dust?and what does c.h.o.w! have to do with p.o.w!-oh yeah by the way i'm drunk off my ass! not that it matters...every other asshole got a
    "thanks" by the thread leader just for saying they'd try the challenge but me....i guess that makes me the un-thanksed asshole......i'm going to go cry now in a dark corner and burn cigerrate holes in my arms!!!!!! i'm just joking..but seriously i see i perhaps spent way to much time on this than neccesary

Last edited by j.s. sabastian; May 11th, 2009 at 04:11 AM.

Thanks
    J.S. it took me FOREVER to get this thing done. I had to take 2 weeks and like 25 hours to do mine. Yeah... I know... it's sad, but my photoshop skills are SLOW! Don't sweat spending extra time on it. some of us work faster than others.

I definitely won't be able to give the next one THAT much attention. I'd probably be a bit faster if I worked in value, rather than line. I've always been more of a "draw-er" than a painter, so an unbounded shape is hard.

Deuce.Rok

The Gallery
    My Gallery on CA

The SketchBook
    My Sketchbook on CA

Thanks
    What Ilaekae is saying is that he was so busy participating in a contest in another subforum that he neglected to put up the poll for POW 22 and now he intends to correct that little detail while he is making the poll for this the 23rd POW. Do not attempt to adjust the dials of your computer screen. Ilaekae is now in control. (and yes it was kind of humiliating over there in CHOW, but at least I'm used to it.) If you want to be humiliated, there is a big contest in IDW right now that promises to be intense. Gaius and Hideyoshi will draw circles around everybody in the Dracula's Castle EOW. Pick your poison.

People go ape over the detailed style. J.S. Don't stop pushing hard just because you've gone farther than the others. Go even farther. Do two or three pages rendered out superbly and next thing you know you'll be too busy with freelance work to hang out with us anymore. I think you could profit by doing a drawing or two for the "Official Draw from What Does Everybody Look Like Thread" stickied in the lounge. Slash has that kind of viking hairdo thing going on and so he would have made a great head study for you in preparation for working on your main character.

I'm an asshole and I don't think Ilaekae thanked me. I have to go back and check to see if I'm offended. (Edit: Yeah. No thanks for me.)

Oh. Don't burn your fingertips, J.S. You'll need those to sign checks with.

Last edited by arttorney; May 11th, 2009 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks
    i wish i could say that my head hurts but it doesn't....thanks for that explanation arttorney and confedence in my artistic abilaty's it means a lot...duecerok your words and and efforts alike....thanks.

if came to strong for some my apologies..

you now how it is.. you get home from the bar pissed of that no one came with you...ya have to take it out someone it myswell be the internet!!!hahaha!

Thanks
    ...?...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Ha ha. They probably need to develop one of those ignition interlock things for the internet.

Thanks
    HAHAHAHA!! @J.S. The anonymity of the interwebs!

Where's Ilaekae's entry? Shennanigan (I know that's wrong... don't remind me)? It's too bad Grief is off for the time being too. I was hoping to take down old guard.

Deuce.Rok

The Gallery
    My Gallery on CA

The SketchBook
    My Sketchbook on CA

Thanks
    J.S., you either do POW! or you fuckin' drink. You can't do both till you're over fifty. I know.

Deuce, I ran into a a problem last minute and couldn't finish, but your ass is mine on this next one. I'm starting tomorrow, if you think you got the balls to take on an old yippy cartoonist who's gonna ream your butt from here to Saturn...

New Challenge is ready to post. Polls will be up in about 1/2 an hour.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae View Post
    if you think you got the balls to take on an old yippy cartoonist who's gonna ream your butt from here to Saturn...
    It's On Like Donkey Kong, in a thong, playing ping pong, against cheech and chong, whilst singing a song, and drinking something strong!

I got the balls to take you on, but not the brain or skillz (yes, that's skills, but with a Z).

Deuce.Rok

The Gallery
    My Gallery on CA

The SketchBook
    My Sketchbook on CA

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DeuceRok For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Awestrikin

DeuceRok--your comic is so ****in awesome man---love it-!!! I love that tough guy, training for strength stuff!!! u rockkkkkkkkk dude!!! you shudav won this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.