Art: 3 Paintings for an exhibition!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: 3 Paintings for an exhibition!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

3 Paintings for an exhibition!

Now I'm finally finished with the exhibition, its all up there and i can relax! I've taken some photo's of the paintings and the exhibition. Its not in a traditional gallery, this is lit 24/7 and is only viewable from the street. Best place in town if you want alot of people to see it if you ask me! These three paints are mine, the other in the streetview to the right are my girlfriend's(Marita Haugen) and a friend of mine's(Niklas Blå Andersson) paintings.. I'll try to convince Marita to put some of her stuff up in a sketchbook or something, she's got some great stuff! I appriciate any thoughts on the paintings! Here goes..

-Niklas

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by FrozZT; April 18th, 2009 at 07:48 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrozZT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow these are fuckin amazing man! The top one blows my mind, its so sick how you pull trees and rocks out of the abstract pant smeres, its so surreal
    love it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jesus, these are fucking rediculous.. You might be my favorite painter alive..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bluemoon: Thank you! I'm glad you like!

pOre: Wow thats a serious compliment, thank you!

If anyone is interested these are all acrylic paints on canvas(forgot to mention that in the first post). Thanks again guys!

-Niklas

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All three are rather stunning, but the last is flat out amazing. May I ask what was the inspiration for it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 757 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting work. The first one is particularly strong. Thanks for posting.

From Gegarin's point of view
    http://www.chrisbennettartist.co.uk/

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first one is the best to me. The texture and colours achieved are just beautiful in a non traditional way. I love the tree-y quality and the straight edges in contrast to the very organic looking rest. What did you call that one?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    woah nik those are delicious!!! you should try to get some of that detail into your digital work.. looks great!

more please :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozZT View Post
    this is lit 24/7 and is only viewable from the street. Best place in town if you want alot of people to see it if you ask me!
    -Niklas
    I hear you man, thats some great exposition for you right there.

Where is the picture taken by the way? It kinda looks like Lund on the picture but I cant really judge. Would love to see them on location

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aye underbart bra!! Waynes coffee served you well! Riktigt kul att se din utveckling!

Impressive.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I like the third one! The first one is cool too but I don't like the second. But that's just taste.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow. that first one is great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very ncie work! I especially like the second one!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hungry_Wombat: Thanks man! Yes you may ask . But i dont have a definate answere to what made it come to me. When i do more personal work i like to just shut my eyes and see what comes to me. I get alot of visions, I try to find a feeling that i find exciting, I wait for a vision that holds a feeling that gets me excited. Then i try to hold onto it and of course develope it without loosing that feeling. Sometimes i listen to music and the visions come from it and sometimes i get a vision just lying in bed with my eyes closed, though i always use music to keep me inspired. In this case for the last one i got a vision which inlcuded the black stickshapes sticking up from the ground and the clouds touching the ground, the wirls was also in there, at some point i had some kind of kubish shapes taller than thicker coming out of the clouds and fading into the clouds, the tree was also in there but it might have been a development in my head if i remember correctly. This just came to me out of nowhere it seemed, tough of course it relates to the realworld through my experience of it. I did develope some, The bench wasnt there in my head, and the extension of the tree in the more flat sky(there are branches up in the sky aswell with a different appearance) and of course alot of details, color and composition did change.

I dont always work with a strict vision, but its something i like to do sometimes. With the first one i had no vision of the intire image, just some feelings about where some colorfields should be placed and how they should move. like the dark blue moving down through the middle and the greens to the left of it(that became a tree).. Then i just played around with it, painting shapes that i like and as the image grew i saw some figurative forms that i enhanced and then i started to control the forms more and more to create something semi figurative.

Chris Bennett: Thanks man, glad you like.

Janos: Hey, Thanks man. Glad you appriciate it. I'm afraid i dont have a name for either of them yet, i think they may get a name but i havent come to that yet.

Dile_: Thanks m8 . Yea I'll definately try that with some of my upcoming digitals, its just so much more fun with real paint, with every movement you get unique textures and shapes, you can use one brush in sooo many ways.

Wasker: Hey m8 . You are correct! It's in Lund. Vårfrugatan 1 if im not mistaken, There used to be a "Duka" store there. They'll be hanging there to the 14-15th something, i think we are taking them down on the 15th. You're Skåning too? :p

CgMonkey: Thank you! Yea I'll definately like to start something like that up again down here..

Serpian: Thanks man, I'm glad you like them!

dem0n: Thanks!

Max Challie: Thanks man, you seem to go against popular opinion , i guess that one's not as easy to appriciate, I like them all in different ways. I'm really glad someone appriciates that one.

Thanks everyone for the support! I really appriciate it! Keep coming with questions and feedback if you have any!

-Niklas

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.