Historical Romance Graphic Novel Artist Needed
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Historical Romance Graphic Novel Artist Needed

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Historical Romance Graphic Novel Artist Needed

I am looking for an artist that is interested in creating a historical romance graphic novel with me. I need someone that can do it all--start to finish...pencil, ink, letter, and color. I am interested in someone that wants a good equal partnership and truly wants to create a work of art.

The historical time period is New Spain (Mexico) in the early 1800's. I will want someone that can create true to this time period and culture. I have extensive research in this period so I can provide some direction if needed.

I am interested in art that looks so real that you feel like you can actually touch the people. Examples that I like on here include William Whitaker and Emily G. I am not interested in Manga or cartoon like characters.
    You must be good at character and environment. Again, I want the reader to feel like they can almost reach out and touch them on the page. I would like the art to be true to the time period. Again, I can give direction on this if needed.

The target audience for this work will be women in the age group of 28-45. I have a very cool concept around marketing this and will include details when appropriate. This work will be a work of literature and great art.

I am willing to pay a per page rate of $50-$75 per page. I will pay 1/2 up front. The novel will be released in three sections of approximately 30-45 pages per release. I will also split copyright 50/50. I would like you to be able to complete at least 1-2 pages per week. With the goal of us launching our first issue within a 4-6 month timeframe.

Again, I am interested in a partner in this. I want someone that loves history and culture and wants to bring this out in their art. When we create this, I want us to be able to sit back and look at this and say..."Wow...this is really something. This is truly great! We have done something incredible in this work."

I would love to see the work of those who are interested in this project. I would also be happy to send you the first few pages of the script if I think you are a good fit and have an interest in forming a partnership on this project.

I am looking forward to seeing your work!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FYI you are asking for a style that is traditional fine art oil painting by top artists in the field at rates that are bottom of the barrel beginning comic artists. I doubt you are going to find what you are looking fork. As I said before you can't buy a Ferrari for the price of a KIA (I'm not trying to be insulting).

Concept Art
    Comic Art
    Illustration
    Artist for hire

Portfolio
    Blog

Repossessed: a Graphic Novel in the making
    REPOSSESSED

3. The Following User Says Thank You to black_fish For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello bridgeacross4ever, I couldn't see any contact information, do you have an email or website?

Thanks for your time,
    SMVidaurri

Last edited by J Wilson; April 15th, 2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Portfolio links should be sent directly to the client.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SMVidaurri, click bridgeacross4ever's name and chose the option for send email or send private message. Portfolio links quickly get out of hand when everyone does it, creating monster threads where all the useful information gets lost, and bumping a thread to the top of the forum needlessly.

Questions or comments are useful, but links should go to the client directly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I echo what Blackfish said. This sounds like an awesome project and I"d love to do it. I'm sympathetic to your goals of creating a piece of literature. But two fully painted pages a week lettered? That's a full time job and then some.
    You can't ask an artist to work a year and a half full time at $150 a week. I appreciate your sincerity and offering a page rate is great but if you want this to come to life you'll need to find a publisher to font up the money for production. Don't be fooled by high profile companies like image who scam creators into working for nothing.

I'd love to see this, there are too many juvenile properties in comics.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm gonna have to agree with Blackfish as well on this. This sounds like a really good project. I'd say wait a while and save up so you can afford a good artist who can bring your characters and story to life.

My online galleries

http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database...l?gallery=4001
    http://ebony-chan.deviantart.com/

---------------------------------------------------
    The past is history, the future is a Mystery and the present is a gift.

-----------------------------------------------------------

There is no such thing as I hope in success either you succeed or fail.
    -----------------------------------------------

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.