Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
Thanks to Deastwen for doing a new Team chow and still doing the weekly's.
So far we have thought of styling our characters around:
post apocolyptic, neo gothic, noir, western aristocracy (with a splash of fantasty).
We will be looking to put these down into finer points of referrence and focus but this is where we are starting. Its open at the moment, although we both have taken to a utilise a moody/dark cinematic element of character.
Visually this could end up looking anything from dune style space suits with cowboy boots to gothic corsets with witches hats. Alot to draw from, but we should establish a style within that.
Also, Christian Shane and I have very different style so this will be interesting to see how it gells in the process.
ChristianShane: These characters have been based around a combination of post apocolyptic,neo gothic (baroque fashions) aristocracy. I have tried to get he feeling of characters in a world that has 'gone back to the old ways' after the apocolypse, whilst living within a modern destroyed climate. Therefore the iconography could symbolise anything from religion to status amongst the aristocracy, but significant to our post 'nuclear war' apocolypse.
Any thing 'yay or nay'. what sucks?
Last edited by UCT; April 12th, 2009 at 02:02 PM.
- Female, between 20 - 30. Has no memory of anything beyond a year before present.
- Stubborn to a fault, but unswervingly loyal to those she cares about, convinced that she could lose her memory of them at any time she makes the most of every moment.
- Has a tendency to say things before she thinks about them.
- Rumoured to have a second personality that can remember everything from before, a 'dark' side, as it were, with totally different personality traits. **
- A quick learner, but unlikely to pay attention unless something immediately catches her interest.
- Searching for her past but ultimately easily caught up in the present and the worries of others, tending to think of other people before herself.
- Found (to her horror) that she is more than capable of handling herself in a fight, and likely capable of killing.
- Male, between 20 - 30 (should be around Hero's age).
- The only person that the hero has any memory of, beyond the last year (though she can only remember his face), and the only person who might know who she is. He pretends he doesn't know, or refuses to say.
- Seemingly self-absorbed but actually self-destructive, has a tendency to take out his insecurities as malicious remarks on other people.
- Isn't well liked, but doesn't care, or pretends he doesn't.
- Doesn't seem to have any friends except the hero, who he would do anything for, though of course he would never say that. However, though he seems to actively despise the rest of her friends, he cares for them more than he admits.
- Whether he is helping the hero find her memory, or actively hindering her, is unclear. She believes he is helping her. He doesn't necessarily believe that it would help her to find it.
- Often disappears for long periods.
- Male or Female, between 25 - 50, well-built
- Found the Hero directly after she had lost her memory, and managed to piece her back together.
- Strong and loyal, but prone to worry. Decided to take hero under wing, and began to notice the very strange energies* and events that surrounded her.
- Completely distrusts the Shadow and the Sage and believes they are actively working against the Hero's interests, but defer's to the Hero's opinion and trust of them.
- Strengths lie in activities done with the hands - higher concepts either are not a concern, or are too hard to think about in depth.
- Honest and blunt, so sometimes seems unkind, but never means it.
- Sometimes wonders if accidently stepped in way too deep into something never meant to be approached.
- Male or Female, any age
- Does not come from the same country* as hero. Came from far away to find something, and claims that the hero will lead her to it, though will not say what it is - even whether it is a physical object* or a higher plane*.
- Often seems to be looking through the person that he/she is speaking to, and just as frequently stares off into space.
- Seems to disappear whenever trouble starts, but has saved the hero and her companion multiple times to threats that they were completely obvlivious/unaware of.
- Eats very little and sleeps less, and makes very little noise when he/she walks.
- Female, 18 - 28
- Completely in tune with anything mechanical*. Takes things apart / dissects things with disturbing regularity, and while can usually put them back together again sometimes forgets to do so, to the dismay of her friends whose objects* she 'borrows'.
- Fascinated by all methods of transport*, and has an amazingly large memory for all vehicles* and machines* but not for people or places (they are just not important!)
- Initially hired for one-off job by the Hero and the Protector, but took an instant liking to them and convinced them of her usefullness.
- Not very good in rough situations like fights, prefers cold logic of puzzles, as her size tends to work against her. However, pressed into a corner, she can make her technical* knowledge work to her advantage in place of physical prowess.
- wears her heart on her sleeve and is often very cheerful, but takes some blows very hard (a friend getting hurt, etc). Sometimes flighty.
The Rabble Rouser
- Male, 20 - 30 (should be around Hero's age)
- Met Hero + crew rather accidently and they helped out of a bit of trouble (which he had gotten himself into and was almost entirely his fault).
- Developed instant infatuation with Hero + told her that he would help her find her memory. Infatuation may or may not be sincere. Hero does not return it.
- Tends to bring trouble with him, or create it when he gets there, as he grates people's nerves.
- Charming and seemingly hollow, but in select instances with the Shadow has shown that he's invested more in the quest than one would think - though perhaps not for the apparent reasons.
- Has good luck with gambling to match his bad luck with people, and never is wont for money - it tends to find him as easily as he finds it.
- Has an excellent memory for faces as well as for numbers.
- Well groomed, but not as flamboyant as one might expect - unless it is on purpose as part of a bluff.
I'm liking this design for the sage, only I think the 'hummingbird robe' should be less consealing and the lighter grey part should be removed to reveal the character more, like the original. Also, even tho it makes him look less girlie I think he needs his tuutuu back for that weird dark wtf edge.
I'm going to develope the 'rabble rouser' and do some thumbs to get other possible siloettes.
I presume you want to do the heroine, Technician and another. Like me know what you think and how you think this should be developed.
Looks great so far, I really like the "beak" on the cowl, as well as his collar. The tutu is a nice touch as well, haha. I think the staff works more with the idea of a sage than the daggers do.
Due to Easter and some unexpected personal problems that had to be ironed out today I haven't gotten as much designing done as I'd have liked, but I've been brainstorming quite a bit and got down a possible head for the heroine. I should have some outfit sketches up by tomorrow afternoon.
Last edited by birdsatemyface; April 14th, 2009 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Misread.
I like the first dress, maybe cut a leg away to reveal some sexxy skin. Looks good.
heres some head shot ideas for rabble rauser. I figured since he is good at getting money through parlour games and such that he would 'wear his face like a mask' so I think he would have a faceless baleclava (sp?...?)
Kind of hit an artistic funk where nothing I draw seems to turn out right and I loathe everything, but this is one of the better designs for the technician I sketched up, despite the funky neck and general proportion and anatomical problems. Ideally, she will have two legs, haha.