Is there a new cintiq on the way???
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Is there a new cintiq on the way???

So here i am saving for a Cintiq 21UX when the Intuous.4 comes out; it sports 2048 lvls of pressure sensitivity. So now im worried that as soon as i buy a 21UX their going to release a new model with higher pressure sensitivity. So does anyone know if a new cintiq is on the way???

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Want new Cintiq

I am wondering the same thing... Finally have all my monies saved up, but don't wanna buy something that will become obsolete by this summer.

Does anyone have any info on this? Did wacom attend CES in vegas this year?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The existing cintiq is fine as is. It's probably why it hasn't been updated and the company hasn't addressed the issue. Any differences between the existing levels of sensitivity and the "2048 levels of pressue" would be extremely minuscule at best if even that.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

or check out my: Blog

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtZealot View Post
    The existing cintiq is fine as is. It's probably why it hasn't been updated and the company hasn't addressed the issue. Any differences between the existing levels of sensitivity and the "2048 levels of pressue" would be extremely minuscule at best if even that.
    Actually the reason wacom is not going to announce a new cintiq is because it's a basic death sentence in sales for already produced Cintiqs. Same with any line of intuos or other new tablets.

As far as the Cintiq being fine as it is, I disagree as LCD technology has much improved and with markets starting to open up for touch screen monitors, I wouldn't be surprised if Wacom develops something for touch and screen. In addition the touchwheel and new set of programmable keys on the intuos 4 I wouldn't be surprised again if they integrate that with a new line of cintiqs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not sure if this has been shown here yet, but this looks like a possible new Cintiq Wacom is working. http://vodpod.com/watch/2583108-waco...blet-prototype

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have a Cintiq at home and one at work (both 21UX). I'm sad to say this having spend so much money on mine, but they are way overrated. The biggest complaint I have is the screen itself. An average $400 dell lcd at work beats the crap out of the Cintiq both in terms of color accuracy and brightness output. The screen problems I have at home are same, and I've heard about a few more like it, leading me to believe that Cintiqs tend to run too dark and too red on the whole. Upping the brightness makes the screen even redder, and reducing the red introduces too much green. It is nearly impossible to get a neutral gray on this monitor, and neutral whites are literally impossible. And yes, I tried professional calibration (Spyder 3 PRO) and the result still would not compare to the Dell.

The worst thing is, I love being able to draw directly on a large surface. Wish I hadn't ever made the jump, as now my expensive habbit had slowly turned into a handicap. If you are comfortable with Intuos - lucky you, don't bother.

I've been looking into picking up a lenovo x200 tablet with an outdoor screen - which I believe to be a much better value than the Cintiq. Unfortunately, the colors still won't be great, but at least its brighter.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ilyanaza For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've never touched a Cintiq, but Ilyanaza complaints more than worry me about having the chance one day. They shoul update the product, with newer tech and better LCD panels.

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by GriNGo View Post
    I've never touched a Cintiq, but Ilyanaza complaints more than worry me about having the chance one day. They shoul update the product, with newer tech and better LCD panels.
    hehehehe touching is overrated.

the cintiq is way out of date and so is the pricing. it is a crime that the 21ux still cost $2000. the reason they get away with it is they have no competition.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now that others can use Wacom-patented technology I suspect companies like Fujitsu, Toshiba, et al, will be figuring out their own systems for their tablet PCs. It'll take a little while, but in the next year or two I bet we'll see some things appearing.

-Anthony
    Carpe Carpem

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the new thing in the cintiqs could be the LED display.

Live and let live

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.