Sketchbook: RT5FTW/CHOW Team Sketchbook(GeistDel, Krytos, Dribble)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: RT5FTW/CHOW Team Sketchbook(GeistDel, Krytos, Dribble)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

RT5FTW/CHOW Team Sketchbook(GeistDel, Krytos, Dribble)

Hey, welcome to Random Team 5's sketchbook.
    Our team consists of GeistDel, Krytos, and I.

We haven't picked out a definite theme yet but I'm sure it'll come to us in no time...

Here's the set of rules and descriptions so we don't have to keep going back to the original thread...

DESCRIPTION

For this Team Chow you will be required to design six characters that make up the 'protaganist' side of the game/tv show/ect that we are pretending to create. There will be no villians/antagonists this round.

* Can be changed according to genre. ie, mechanical = magical = steampowered, car = boat = horse, etc.
    ** You may do two version of this, if you wish.

Characters:

The Hero
    - Female, between 20 - 30. Has no memory of anything beyond a year before present.
    - Stubborn to a fault, but unswervingly loyal to those she cares about, convinced that she could lose her memory of them at any time she makes the most of every moment.
    - Has a tendency to say things before she thinks about them.
    - Rumoured to have a second personality that can remember everything from before, a 'dark' side, as it were, with totally different personality traits. **
    - A quick learner, but unlikely to pay attention unless something immediately catches her interest.
    - Searching for her past but ultimately easily caught up in the present and the worries of others, tending to think of other people before herself.
    - Found (to her horror) that she is more than capable of handling herself in a fight, and likely capable of killing.

The Shadow
    - Male, between 20 - 30 (should be around Hero's age).
    - The only person that the hero has any memory of, beyond the last year (though she can only remember his face), and the only person who might know who she is. He pretends he doesn't know, or refuses to say.
    - Seemingly self-absorbed but actually self-destructive, has a tendency to take out his insecurities as malicious remarks on other people.
    - Isn't well liked, but doesn't care, or pretends he doesn't.
    - Doesn't seem to have any friends except the hero, who he would do anything for, though of course he would never say that. However, though he seems to actively despise the rest of her friends, he cares for them more than he admits.
    - Whether he is helping the hero find her memory, or actively hindering her, is unclear. She believes he is helping her. He doesn't necessarily believe that it would help her to find it.
    - Often disappears for long periods.

The Protector
    - Male or Female, between 25 - 50, well-built
    - Found the Hero directly after she had lost her memory, and managed to piece her back together.
    - Strong and loyal, but prone to worry. Decided to take hero under wing, and began to notice the very strange energies* and events that surrounded her.
    - Completely distrusts the Shadow and the Sage and believes they are actively working against the Hero's interests, but defer's to the Hero's opinion and trust of them.
    - Strengths lie in activities done with the hands - higher concepts either are not a concern, or are too hard to think about in depth.
    - Honest and blunt, so sometimes seems unkind, but never means it.
    - Sometimes wonders if accidently stepped in way too deep into something never meant to be approached.

The Sage
    - Male or Female, any age
    - Does not come from the same country* as hero. Came from far away to find something, and claims that the hero will lead her to it, though will not say what it is - even whether it is a physical object* or a higher plane*.
    - Often seems to be looking through the person that he/she is speaking to, and just as frequently stares off into space.
    - Seems to disappear whenever trouble starts, but has saved the hero and her companion multiple times to threats that they were completely obvlivious/unaware of.
    - Eats very little and sleeps less, and makes very little noise when he/she walks.

The Technician*
    - Female, 18 - 28
    - Completely in tune with anything mechanical*. Takes things apart / dissects things with disturbing regularity, and while can usually put them back together again sometimes forgets to do so, to the dismay of her friends whose objects* she 'borrows'.
    - Fascinated by all methods of transport*, and has an amazingly large memory for all vehicles* and machines* but not for people or places (they are just not important!)
    - Initially hired for one-off job by the Hero and the Protector, but took an instant liking to them and convinced them of her usefullness.
    - Not very good in rough situations like fights, prefers cold logic of puzzles, as her size tends to work against her. However, pressed into a corner, she can make her technical* knowledge work to her advantage in place of physical prowess.
    - wears her heart on her sleeve and is often very cheerful, but takes some blows very hard (a friend getting hurt, etc). Sometimes flighty.

The Rabble Rouser
    - Male, 20 - 30 (should be around Hero's age)
    - Met Hero + crew rather accidently and they helped out of a bit of trouble (which he had gotten himself into and was almost entirely his fault).
    - Developed instant infatuation with Hero + told her that he would help her find her memory. Infatuation may or may not be sincere. Hero does not return it.
    - Tends to bring trouble with him, or create it when he gets there, as he grates people's nerves.
    - Charming and seemingly hollow, but in select instances with the Shadow has shown that he's invested more in the quest than one would think - though perhaps not for the apparent reasons.
    - Has good luck with gambling to match his bad luck with people, and never is wont for money - it tends to find him as easily as he finds it.
    - Has an excellent memory for faces as well as for numbers.
    - Well groomed, but not as flamboyant as one might expect - unless it is on purpose as part of a bluff.

--------

SUBMISSION GUIDLINES

The Final Burning Thread will go up ONE WEEK before deadline. The deadline will be April 30th, at 11:59 pm GMT - 5, Eastern Standard Time. I will accept submissions as long as it is April 30th somewhere in the world, but after this I will close the thread. I am going to give myself 1-2 days to then sort out the poll and the voting, so please be patient.

1. One team member will be in charge of submitting the final entry. How the entry is presented will be up to you, but keep it consistent and coherent.
    2. Remember that you will need to submit wips. If you decide to make a group sketchbook for this activity, a link to that will suffice.
    3. Also sumbit a list of Team Activity. I want to see how well you worked as a team - who was in charge of what and what each member did.
    4. All other ChoW rules apply. If you are not familiar with the usual chow rules, please read the guidlines thread sticked at the top of the subforum. Including, 3/4ths rule, no paint-overs, etc.
    5. Please submit files with this naming convention: TeamChow_TeamName_Image001.jpg

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My basic ideas for a technician...

Just an idea for the sage...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some thumbnails.. painter crashed while im working on refining my ideas, so these are all =/

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woah interesting work!

I'm starting to lean more toward a superheroes theme. I don't think anyone else is going with that so far...?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    excellent work going on. I'll post my stuff later tonight...I have been working on the hero and the shadow mostly, but i'll sketch up the others tonight...I working on a stylized look. like something you would see from the 60s spy flicks... that type of asthetic. well see how it turns out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys, just wanting to ask. So do we each do 2 characters? or we all do 6 characters and choose from them?(Which would be more time consuming)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    See, I'm wondering the same thing...

We would need a consistent theme before we do the characters...
    That way we don't all spend the rest of the month working on two characters and end up all doing totally different themes.

I can't figure out a good theme, I'll run with whatever though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here is a basic sketch of what I have been playing around with...very basic. like i said i was playing around with the 60s mod sytle of fashion, that sytle is really distinctive and interested looking. anyway here are a few sketchs of the hero (mostly) and the sage and the shadow. like I said this really rough, and I have done more work with the hero then the rest...but yea you are right I guess it probably would be better to confirm a time/period/style/genere, so we could full gives ourselves to that creating the character. What type of direction do we want to go? I guess the two characters thing works...the question is who gets what?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright how about we decide on retro style.

Dribbles goes with Technician and Sage since he did them already

Gaest will go with Hero and Shadow since he did them already too

For me i will go with the remainder which is Protector, Rabble Rouser.

Any objections?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahaha, we were replying at the same time.
    That sounds excellent to me.

I'm very happy with Sage and Technician.

I really like your work on the hero, Geist. Is that where your profile picture comes from??

I like the version on the top right the best.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    actually yeah... that is were my picture come from. So if we are going retro, then I guess we should start sketching numerous versions. then we can pick the best out of the line up. which retro style shoud we focus on... there are so many periods...lets just see where our sketches take us ans then on monday or tuesday we can decide. sound good?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hot! I liking it...I cant wait to see what you come with

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a preview of my protector, gotta finish up my rabber soon and color them

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my protector final, just tell me what u think and what i should add on or minus x_x

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is some more sketches of the hero...I finally starting to narrow her look down. I am trying to go for a very active and physically accomedating look, but also retro and stylish.She should look like she could kick your butt and walk down the runway at the same time. any suggestions are welcome. i'll take a slight break from her and start doing some sketches of the shadow. I either post them tommorrow or thursday. Input is more then welcome guys.Krytos I like where your protector is going. one thing though is there anymore you could do to make him pop. Right now his clothes are kind of muted. maybe a design or some bright colors might help give him more weight. otherwise keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Geist, the reason i chose that mute green is cause i cant find any other colors to suit him and i want the protector to be a guy-behind-the-scene, hence i thought a muted color would work.Kinda of like doing the dirty job :p

I would give the rabber a more saturated colors since he is more hyper

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm still working on mine. Will have some solid concepts posted in about two days.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok here is my WIP with the hero. Im still playing with the shadow, trying to find the right look.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My rabber's silhoutte, gotta finish it today.

Guys we have only 5 more days left, the deadline is 30th April

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my soon to be final rabbler

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Both concepts are done but I have either been at work or packing my stuff to move for the past couple weeks. I promise I'll post them very very soon.

Really sorry about being the last one to post.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guys please post your finished work by tonight... deadline is tommorow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I gonna finish mine tonight. But who is going to compile everything so that it meets the requirements for display?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay i finalised mine. Please submit yours. The last one who submit please compile everything, do the team composition....and crop a team logo or sort. And submit to the FINAL thread. Thanks

I cant do such stuff cause none of you guys submitted yet... and im going to bed now.... so i hope i could see our stuff ready tmr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is mine. The Hero and the Shadow. Great job Krytos. hope to see you soon Dribble

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dribble View Post
    Both concepts are done but I have either been at work or packing my stuff to move for the past couple weeks. I promise I'll post them very very soon.

Really sorry about being the last one to post.

dude you shouldn't have said that =/

Quote Originally Posted by daestwen View Post
    Guys, just to clarify (since there's been some confusion):

YOU DO NOT NEED A UNIFIED BACKGROUND FOR THE COMPOSITE.

Even all six images lined up side-by-side is fine, I just need an image with all six characters in it to put it into the poll.

and for the composition after you've done..

Last edited by reme; May 2nd, 2009 at 11:47 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.