Team Chow - Art Soda - [Dan Valkar,Sony,SamC]
Note: This is a Team sketchbook/thoughts sharing/ in-fact our works related to team chow.
I have copied the desc. text so we don't have to get back to description pages.
TEAM CHOW SIX CHARACTERS
For this Team Chow you will be required to design six characters that make up the 'protaganist' side of the game/tv show/ect that we are pretending to create. There will be no villians/antagonists this round.
* Can be changed according to genre. ie, mechanical = magical = steampowered, car = boat = horse, etc.
** You may do two version of this, if you wish.
- Female, between 20 - 30. Has no memory of anything beyond a year before present.
- Stubborn to a fault, but unswervingly loyal to those she cares about, convinced that she could lose her memory of them at any time she makes the most of every moment.
- Has a tendency to say things before she thinks about them.
- Rumoured to have a second personality that can remember everything from before, a 'dark' side, as it were, with totally different personality traits. **
- A quick learner, but unlikely to pay attention unless something immediately catches her interest.
- Searching for her past but ultimately easily caught up in the present and the worries of others, tending to think of other people before herself.
- Found (to her horror) that she is more than capable of handling herself in a fight, and likely capable of killing.
- Male, between 20 - 30 (should be around Hero's age).
- The only person that the hero has any memory of, beyond the last year (though she can only remember his face), and the only person who might know who she is. He pretends he doesn't know, or refuses to say.
- Seemingly self-absorbed but actually self-destructive, has a tendency to take out his insecurities as malicious remarks on other people.
- Isn't well liked, but doesn't care, or pretends he doesn't.
- Doesn't seem to have any friends except the hero, who he would do anything for, though of course he would never say that. However, though he seems to actively despise the rest of her friends, he cares for them more than he admits.
- Whether he is helping the hero find her memory, or actively hindering her, is unclear. She believes he is helping her. He doesn't necessarily believe that it would help her to find it.
- Often disappears for long periods.
- Male or Female, between 25 - 50, well-built
- Found the Hero directly after she had lost her memory, and managed to piece her back together.
- Strong and loyal, but prone to worry. Decided to take hero under wing, and began to notice the very strange energies* and events that surrounded her.
- Completely distrusts the Shadow and the Sage and believes they are actively working against the Hero's interests, but defer's to the Hero's opinion and trust of them.
- Strengths lie in activities done with the hands - higher concepts either are not a concern, or are too hard to think about in depth.
- Honest and blunt, so sometimes seems unkind, but never means it.
- Sometimes wonders if accidently stepped in way too deep into something never meant to be approached.
- Male or Female, any age
- Does not come from the same country* as hero. Came from far away to find something, and claims that the hero will lead her to it, though will not say what it is - even whether it is a physical object* or a higher plane*.
- Often seems to be looking through the person that he/she is speaking to, and just as frequently stares off into space.
- Seems to disappear whenever trouble starts, but has saved the hero and her companion multiple times to threats that they were completely obvlivious/unaware of.
- Eats very little and sleeps less, and makes very little noise when he/she walks.
- Female, 18 - 28
- Completely in tune with anything mechanical*. Takes things apart / dissects things with disturbing regularity, and while can usually put them back together again sometimes forgets to do so, to the dismay of her friends whose objects* she 'borrows'.
- Fascinated by all methods of transport*, and has an amazingly large memory for all vehicles* and machines* but not for people or places (they are just not important!)
- Initially hired for one-off job by the Hero and the Protector, but took an instant liking to them and convinced them of her usefullness.
- Not very good in rough situations like fights, prefers cold logic of puzzles, as her size tends to work against her. However, pressed into a corner, she can make her technical* knowledge work to her advantage in place of physical prowess.
- wears her heart on her sleeve and is often very cheerful, but takes some blows very hard (a friend getting hurt, etc). Sometimes flighty.
The Rabble Rouser
- Male, 20 - 30 (should be around Hero's age)
- Met Hero + crew rather accidently and they helped out of a bit of trouble (which he had gotten himself into and was almost entirely his fault).
- Developed instant infatuation with Hero + told her that he would help her find her memory. Infatuation may or may not be sincere. Hero does not return it.
- Tends to bring trouble with him, or create it when he gets there, as he grates people's nerves.
- Charming and seemingly hollow, but in select instances with the Shadow has shown that he's invested more in the quest than one would think - though perhaps not for the apparent reasons.
- Has good luck with gambling to match his bad luck with people, and never is wont for money - it tends to find him as easily as he finds it.
- Has an excellent memory for faces as well as for numbers.
- Well groomed, but not as flamboyant as one might expect - unless it is on purpose as part of a bluff.
The Final Burning Thread will go up ONE WEEK before deadline. The deadline will be April 30th, at 11:59 pm GMT - 5, Eastern Standard Time. I will accept submissions as long as it is April 30th somewhere in the world, but after this I will close the thread. I am going to give myself 1-2 days to then sort out the poll and the voting, so please be patient.
1. One team member will be in charge of submitting the final entry. How the entry is presented will be up to you, but keep it consistent and coherent.
2. Remember that you will need to submit wips. If you decide to make a group sketchbook for this activity, a link to that will suffice.
3. Also sumbit a list of Team Activity. I want to see how well you worked as a team - who was in charge of what and what each member did.
4. All other ChoW rules apply. If you are not familiar with the usual chow rules, please read the guidlines thread sticked at the top of the subforum. Including, 3/4ths rule, no paint-overs, etc.
5. Please submit files with this naming convention: TeamChow_TeamName_Image001.jpg
This thread is for Wips, General Discussion, Etc.
Last edited by sony; April 23rd, 2009 at 12:06 AM.
Reason: Team name
Hide this ad by registering as a member
In this thread we will collect links related to this team chow
OTHER TEAM CHOW Threads
--Very well managed thread from yoitisi Link
--They are also doing some sort of western post apo things - A Stravinsky Aroma - UCT & ChristianShane Link
--I haven't seen it all but seems interesting link
army fashion Watches
some info on weapons
VERY DETAILED STUFF
AWESOME INFO ON WEAPONS *IMAGES*
BLOG WITH USEFUL LINKS AS WELL
Weaponry as a lot of more than alot thing
STAR GATE UNIVERSE just check it out guys!
Last edited by sony; April 16th, 2009 at 11:42 AM.
Reason: thread link update
Our sodatodo™ list
-team name finalization
-task divisions/Lets decide who is best at what?
Last edited by sony; April 9th, 2009 at 07:32 AM.
Suggested Team Names..
- asoda4u (Dan)
- artholics (sony)
- team houston we have a problem (Dan)
edit - we had alot more options but we are saving it for next ones
Suggestions for the designs
-- scenario for characters to invoke.
Some Navy Army staff
stuck in Atlantic ocean
Have 25 days of food left
This was there 10th mission as a team but due to dramatic change in weather they got stuck.
Last edited by sony; April 15th, 2009 at 12:13 AM.
Research board for current war scenario
--Its the time when WW3 is taking place
Last edited by sony; April 9th, 2009 at 06:28 AM.
Last edited by sony; April 9th, 2009 at 07:09 AM.
-african, native, colonies age, etc
-roman, greek, egipcian...ancient cultures
we can mix them up to build a scenario or timeline for the characters
for example i would like some:
Okay lets finalizes our team name. i liked just word 'soda' its more intact :j
i turned ur war scenario into a more post nuclear or post apocalypsis theme..mixed with the western stuff.....
--I also liked "art gunslingers", but i kinda stuck when i look back at suggestions with soda its seems fresh to me, so lets go with "Art Soda".
--So our theme is western early post apocalyptic and as the most guns weaponry is destroyed so we have kinda mixed, but samurai style as a primary skills with guns handling as a secondary one.(OR Vice verse we **need to lock this).
Last edited by sony; April 15th, 2009 at 12:11 AM.
Terms related to samurai culture
* Tessen - The Iron Fan
* Jutte - The Iron Cudgel
* Manrikigusari - The Metal Chain
* Shakuhachi - The Bamboo Flute, The Bamboo Club
* Kansashi - The Deadly Hairpin of the Samurai
* Katana - most popular sword
* Shuriken - throwing darts of the Samurai
* Kama - Kusarigama - Left Hand/right hand VERY INTERESTING SHAPE
I did this quick sketch to get the ball rolling.
sketch of the shadow...he has a big backpack of "things"(often disappears for long periods)...he carries his sword and his gun....i made him with a robotic arm...cause i want half robots dudes!!!!!! XD....so maybe the scenario its in a distant future.......
By JailHouseRock2 in forum Team Chow
Last Post: July 29th, 2009, 12:25 AM
By dwinbotp in forum Team Chow
Last Post: May 6th, 2009, 09:17 AM
By Pezz in forum Sketchbooks
Last Post: April 15th, 2009, 03:43 AM
By yoitisi in forum Team Chow
Last Post: April 13th, 2009, 09:34 PM
By ilfed in forum Sketchbooks
Last Post: April 11th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Members who have read this thread: 1
Developed Actively by the makers of the Best Amazon Podcast