Art: Dallas Demos...

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Dallas Demos...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Dallas Demos...

Hello,

I've gotta say that the Dallas Workshop was an amazing time! All the instructors were rock solid, made some new friendships, hung out with great friends, and the time went blazing by. The space for the event was perfect. It was really easy to see what everyone was working on at any given time and never felt that I might be missing out on something. All the formal lectures were well done and of course the traditional room was rocking the house.

Even though I did not give a lecture, I did spend more time sitting and demoing then previous workshops. Anyone whom stopped by, hope my demos were informative. And for those whom might not have seen me doodling away, I was trying to demonstrate how to utilize photo manipulations and integrate them into your concept designs.

Here is what I did during the show. Its always humbling to try and create something cool while doing a 'live demo'. I'll got plenty of work to post in the future, just awaiting for the work to see print.

Thanks to everyone at Massive Black for making the workshop possible. Without Massive Black/ConceptArt.ORG, not sure where I would be,
    -Jason

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by Bomba; April 9th, 2009 at 12:42 AM.
    Official website-
    www.JasonFelix.com
    Jason Felix's Blog-
    Monstergalleria.blogspot.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bomba For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweeeet! it was really cool watching you paint some of these man ! i was watching this while i was painting over by the tables, and i really enjoyed seeing this come together : http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1239248029

nice too meet you too! even if it was very brief, hope to see you again in a future workshop !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 586 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    It was great watching you work dude, really stunning stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these were fun to watch. i'm really glad you ended up pulling out some photo manipulation stuff. tons of people aren't very familiar with the processes and techniques necessary, and it had to be hugely informative for a bunch of folk there. good stuff!

-: [ sketchbook | sour.org ] :-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason -

Thanks for the awesome demos. I loved the photo manip and also got a good giggle out of the frequent mention of bleeding orifices. Who knew that could be funny? Oh right - you did.

FYI the local Dallas PBS station has a blog about arts and such, and they had a review of Reverie. They've got a big picture of you painting one of the above beasties at the top of the article. Check it, if you haven't already:

http://www.kera.org/blogs/culture/20...i-concept-art/

d

d a v i d p i n e

ONLY CONNECT.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oops, I've always seen that creepy head at the top of the website, but I never who it belongs to(I don't really mean this).

Anyway, awesome works. That fat mutant monster is so col~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    maldrin---> Wow, good to know that the local PBS was covering the event. Thanks for bringing it up and was really surprised to see my mug up there. Good eye!
    Aaron Death---> Yeah, that is my icon. Its an eye grabber. Over the years, I have been taking a small break from making full on photo manipulations. Just wish to avoid getting into a save zone and never growing.
    sourgasm---> Agreed. I am starting to be more bold about merging my photo manipulations with my actual hand drawn designs. In the future, once I figured out a firm process... will love to share with everyone.
    Sidharth Chaturvedi---> Thanks back at yeah and hope something that I did click on a few idea switches.
    Dished---> Yeah, hope you really dug the event and learned a ton! Its a humbling and inspirational time during the workshop events.

Official website-
    www.JasonFelix.com
    Jason Felix's Blog-
    Monstergalleria.blogspot.com

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.