Female concept artists

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Female concept artists

I've been curious to know if there are any female concept artists out there? Ones who make art for big companies in the gaming or movie fields.

If there is, I would love to hear from them or see their work posted here on conceptart.org. It would be an insperation to me personally.

Not that any of the big guy artists arent an insperation, I just think it would be great to finally see a woman artist in these fields amongst all the men.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know one who is up and coming. She is amazing and i'm sure you will see her thunderdome pic soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see her on the cover page one day. I think she is registering here soon so she can speak for herself.

-Nate

jaymz Guest
    Hey Eshara!

They're rare, but they DO exist. We have a few on this forum, but some of them just choose to keep their genders anonymous. I'd be happy to PM you some female concept artist's names and emails in the industry. I'm sure they wouldn't mind saying hi and sharing some of their work and experiences with you.

-J

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    espaki: Cool, I can't wait.

jaymz: I'm rather shy, but I'd like that. Btw, what does PM mean? :emb:

jaymz Guest
    PM is private message. It's like email, but only on the forum. Every member gets an account. Just go on the main page of the message boards (http://www.conceptart.org/forums/) and scroll to the bottom. Look for the Private Message heading in bold letters. click on that and you access your PM account. Cheers!

-J

Ryaken Guest
    I tell you what.. If you meet at girl that is a bad ass artist.... It's like, +10 to attraction.. Ladies with drawing skills.. or any artistic skills are major babes.:inlove:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by Ryaken
    I tell you what.. If you meet at girl that is a bad ass artist.... It's like, +10 to attraction.. Ladies with drawing skills.. or any artistic skills are major babes.:inlove:
    Haha, I didn't know that...I think I'll reverse that theory...to find the babes, I just have to go look for great female artists. Easy enough.
    *walks away to look for female artists*

Ryaken Guest
    Eh?? What's a loom?

Well anyway, don't worry Jain my friend... I will just hang outside the door and wait for class to let out.. Then it's time to put on The Big Daddy charm..:mischief:

Oh yea, baby.. Come to Pappa!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

female artist <(^_^<)

Hi Eshara, im a gurl and an artist for a software developer. i was wondering the same thing, kewl to see there are others around. i have an old webpage full of old stuff (cant seem to get in to update it ), im working on setting up a real site soon. have a look see www.rubygenesis.filetap.com

cheers
    7<ierston

K!erston

jaymz Guest
    Hey Ruby!

Nice work! Some of your stuff reminds me of a good friend of mine. Check out some of her art...

http://www.kelleeart.com

best

-J

Ryaken Guest
    OH!! We have another sexy kitten who has join up.. None other than RubyGenesis. Ohhh.. an English gal, eh? Boy, you got to love those english accents...:hearts:
    Oh my.? and she can draw better than I! Wooh! This is love at first sight, boys!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We are told so often to use the search tool instead of spamming the forum with the same topics over and over that I couldn't resist reviving this decaying corpse of a topic.

Actually I was wondering what was the male to female ration on this board. Are females so few or is it just that we don't know who's male and female? I mean, my nick might not be obvious but my signature and avatar should be a cue (I really do look like that!), I get called 'dude' all the time in this board. People must think Chantal is some exotic scandinavian guy's name.

As for the industry, I know quite a few ladies who work in videogames or have worked in videogames. We were 4 out of 20 in my 3D class (and I was the only one who wanted to be in the videogame class, the others were reject from the cinema class and didn't know how to turn on a playstation.) Most girls I know in videogames came from traditional tv animation actually.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yup, my good friend Molly Denmark is bad asssss!

check it yo.

Link

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I'm a girl, and it's distressing to try to get into a field that's full of guys. Or, more accurately, it's discouraging how few chicks there are.

What I wanna find is the girl who is awesome at doing technically/architectural based drawings. That's the rarest yet. Most girl artists, myself included, tend to do more organic stuff.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I'm a girl and I mostly draw jets and creatures. Pretty stuff just never appealed to me. I guess I'm weird like that.

Of course, despite the fact that I'm not going into concept art, I'm in the even-more male dominated field of Aerospace Engineering! The school I go to is about 25% female. Recently I took a bus ride to a liberal arts campus and noticed something was different, then I realized that I was surrounded by girls, that hasn't happened to me in ages!

Sometimes it is discouraging to see only five girls in a thirty person class, but I want to build planes dammit! No gender ratio will stop me!

FASTIDIOUS SKETCHFIENDS of the FANTASTIC FOURTEENTH ESCHELON
    staylor| inkfish | rodrigo! | ah.heng | maxetormer | bRØk3n_sPiRiT | Max1975 | ZebzFree

TURBOFANATIC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have GOT to check out t e m p i s t ~, she is absolutely awesome.

t e m p i s t ~'s sketchbook

She is so extremely good its overwhelming, and she has an increadibly diversed style and well acomplished image production.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The ratio in my school is about 5 girls to 35 guys.

Perhaps it just isn't a popular choice for females?

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey! this is a great Thread. I am always thinking about my place in these fields. I am wanting to do what I do because I love it , but I do get discouraged at times because it is hard to be the minority in any situation. I just keep doing it though because I love it and wouldn't want anything else.

One of my all time favorite artists is a women. She is from France and a kickass comic book artist. She has also done work for warner Bro. I think her work is just amazeing!!
    check her...http://www.claire-wendling.net/

Last edited by poise; September 28th, 2005 at 10:31 PM.
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Never figured out what gender had to do with art. Considering my age, I SHOULD be one of those misogynic assholes who thinks women are around in the art world just to pose and steal your coffee, but I'm not.

The artists I know personally that I respect have no obvious gender in their approach to art, and the females outnumber the males by a slight bit. Personally, I think it's a bit sad that any serious field would bias itself against anyone whose mind works the way it should within that field.

and...

"Eh?? What's a loom?"

Your mother must be so proud...

Last edited by Ilaekae; September 28th, 2005 at 12:45 AM. Reason: addition

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When I'm posing and stealing the other artist's coffees, I sometimes splash some ink and paint on a canvas to expressed my tempestuous soul and inherent female emoness. Sometimes people even pay me. I'm hopefully doing animation at uni next year, and fully intend to steal coffee and pose with the best of them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by magicgoo
    Well, I'm a girl, and it's distressing to try to get into a field that's full of guys. Or, more accurately, it's discouraging how few chicks there are.

What I wanna find is the girl who is awesome at doing technically/architectural based drawings. That's the rarest yet. Most girl artists, myself included, tend to do more organic stuff.

I know a lot of females who can do that, after all both my parents are engineers and know other engineers who know other engineers and so on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sure there out there but there just not heard of.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist
    I know a lot of females who can do that, after all both my parents are engineers and know other engineers who know other engineers and so on.
    Cool, then link me to their work!

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Merekat (sp?) from sijun.com
    Amazing digital work...she works now for Valve if i remember well <_< could be wrong tho...also forget her real name...i firstly have seen work from her in a Art-magacine from Germany/Austria but i borrowed the mag to someone

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Coondoggle. I worked a seat away from her. She's amazingly good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Personally, I was never bothered by the skewed ratio of guys to gals in animation...more to pick from. j/k, happily engaged...I think there are just certain things guys and gals gravitate towards. In general, mind - there are always exceptions! Of course, my laissez-faire attitude probably has to do with the fact that I always got on easier with guys than gals...I'm sorry girls, but we are darn confusing!!

btw, I work for an animation company, and I think the work force is about 50/50. The times, they are a-changing...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Willow, I would love to work for toys! This actually sounds like fun. (I think a dream job would be a lego module designer, playing with legos all day long!)

I see there are quite a few chicks on this forum, it's just that people can't tell us apart from the guys.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey do any of you girls live in NY?
    I just moved here and I don't know a lot of people, especially girls. It would be nice to have some female energy around. PM me if any of you ladies are into hanging out.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 7