Sketchbook: TEAM RITarded sketchgroup TEAM CHOW!!!

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

TEAM RITarded sketchgroup TEAM CHOW!!!

This is the sketchbook group representing TEAM RITarded, which is me (regniruth) and tomahawk monkey.

we are going for a sci-fi approach to the characters and it's going to be awesome! Though, some of the character descriptions remind me of so much of firefly, most of the characters are almost exactly like that of firefly.

Especially with the technician, hero,and the protector are quite similar to that of Kaylee (technician), river (hero), Simon (protector). Although, some of you may disagree or agree. I think we will try our best to differentiate from these similarities. Let alone make the mistake of our characters being too similar to Firefly's cast.

since it's going to be within a space epic kind of set, were going to include aliens that will represent two of the characters. Obviously if humanity ventures into deep space, creating stations, colonies, jumpgates/relays, across the galaxy. They definitley already made contact with other advanced alien civilizations, creating trading/market relationships and sharing knowledge along with their cultures. Even creating allies to battle other hostiles alien races that threaten the galaxy or varying sectors.

2 of the characters will be aliens, sage and shadow, the rest are humans.

in the upcoming weeks this thread will be updated with sketches, wips and team communication, stay tuned!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well here's two sketches of the technician:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here are some sketches, from a sketchmeet with tomahawk monkey. several beers later...

some concepts of aliens, possible candidates.

one with the strange legs is probably going to be the sage which rides on a pair of robot legs.

and the rest is a few sketches of female faces, possible for either hero or technician.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by REGNIRUTH; April 13th, 2009 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the sage concept a lot. The idea of him using robotic legs to become "taller" haha. But yeah, maybe put some robes over him to kind of conceal, or partially conceal the robotic legs but yeah, I'll get my stuff up by Wednesday and make more sketches.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here is the sketch of the hero, probably got it down right. some sketches above were possible considerations of how she might turn out. any suggestions would be great.

In a box ruled by the evil wacom overlord
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really like the aliens, look cool.
    And the last for the hero looks awesome

SKETCHBOOK

----DESKTOPS THREAD----
    : Share your desktops and wallpapers :

"THE HOLES ARE FOR MY EYES"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here is an update of some sketches for the rabble rouser character, we decided to introduce an interesting take on the character, so far it's 2 aliens and 4 humans. The rabble rouser is the type of character that makes you think of dudes like franky four fingers, gambit and Lando calrissian, great characters with troublesome backgrounds and a bad habit of gambling; testing their luck.

sketches focused on facial appearance of the character, different facial frames, tatoos, etc. smoker, non-smoker, naturalist (rasta, lol) many ideas went down.

yo, monkey, post some damn sketches!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, here's some sketches I finally scanned, I have more but they're not finished yet. I'm in the middle of doing more way refined sketches of the hero for detail. But anyways here's the sketches:

Some quick style concepts for the hero. I'm not too sure of qhich route to go with, the classic regular fabric garb, very futuristic hologram and tech stuff garb, or more of a spacey type garb.

The Shadow body concept. I figured a race like his would be more toned, constantly. they're fat and energy is stored in their hair which is why it's very thick and for fashion they usually incorporate the use of their hair as part of their dress, kind of like showing how big of breasts you have, with the more hair. Also this race is always toned, like always ready to fight, or kill.

The Sage, I'm still not happy with this look, I'm going to make more sketches based off of your alien sketch, the eyeball one with robotic legs, I really like that idea.

Just a color concept for The Sage, I thought the reflective visor creates a more "mysterious" deal plus it'll show all of the information his sensors pick up and monitors his legs status and what not.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here is a quick sketch of some ships i plan to use for background props to place the characters in a spaceport setting. Although i have some other background ideas forming, such as markets, within a ship, planetary exploration, etc.

i know you were working on a ship design, but here is what i have. maybe you can expand on that. my design is based off or the stealth design of the US military vehicles such as the stealth bomber and the naval ships.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here is a WIP of the rabble rouser character, i'll begin both the her and sage next week.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm, I like the character, the styling and stuff looks close to Lando, haha, really close. Though wouldn't he be holding the gun on the same side as his holster? The only thing I'd say about the colors would be to darken the blue a little, or make it deeper.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.