Team CHOW: The Mighty Minkies (metryx, cmalidore, f o x) ~ nudity - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Team CHOW: The Mighty Minkies (metryx, cmalidore, f o x) ~ nudity

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by cmalidore View Post
    Looks like it is officially May 2nd, good eye sir.

I am 2/3 through Protector and will post that when I'm home from work before finalizing.

Digging your hero, my worry is that your bg may be visually hitting on the same value level as your figure's shadows.... which may be distracting. What do you think?
    That might be very possible. It started originally as a way for the rear girl to blend into the BG. All in all, it hardly has to be the final background for everyone's entries, if we're keeping something relatively similar for everyone. Suggestions?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking great Metryx! I've been thinking of browns/sepia sorta colors for the background (i guess i associate sepia/brown with steampunk?) but whatever you guys think. I like the texture sort of thing you've got going on the background.

I am working, but have been unable to post yet- definitely will get some stuff up tonight. I saw that the deadline might be moved to sat.- is it official? The rest of my week is devoted to nothing else but this!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Due date is officially the 2nd - Saturday.

I agree, sepia/brown would be very steampunky. Once I finish the technician i'll play with the backgrounds some more on my finals. Do you think we should have one file that has a single background and all the characters within one border, or separate borders with one/many files? (i have no idea how others are doing it.)

That said... Final touches like borders/backgrounds may be well out of my hands. I will NOT have Photoshop access beyond Thursday and MAYBE some of Friday. I'll definately have the JPGs in order on here and send you both the PSD's via email if necessary.

Here's my Technician WIP at the moment. I'm expecting to finish it tonight or tomorrow for sure.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Add some extra time on each of your images and they will look great. Right now they seem unfinished.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you two can email me images before Friday evening I can compile them into one page with a sepia brown texture presentation without issue. As it is I won't be able to finish mine until that evening.

Thought I'd offer

Technician crit: Her hip to shoulder ratio seems off, size wise and angle wise - while that can in real life be realistic, visually on a picture makes me see them as almost two different objects. May want to hit the mid-section a lil.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by cmalidore View Post
    If you two can email me images before Friday evening I can compile them into one page with a sepia brown texture presentation without issue. As it is I won't be able to finish mine until that evening.

Thought I'd offer

Technician crit: Her hip to shoulder ratio seems off, size wise and angle wise - while that can in real life be realistic, visually on a picture makes me see them as almost two different objects. May want to hit the mid-section a lil.
    I've not slept lately. Run that by me again? Lol. Do I need to make the hips less wide, or change how they're twisted? And do what with the midsection? My translator's broken, haha.

(and yes, will email you the finals by Friday. deal.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Let me describe it this way - if this were an action figure, the upper torso would be pivoting in a different way than the hip - and it's making it look off plane a bit. The hips are a bit wide in comparison to the shoulders visually, so it makes her look a little off proportion.

Solutions? Shrink hips down a bit, or realign torso to angle a bit more face on, or perhaps even drop her torso a bit so that the mid section seems more compact (the twist makes her seem fairly lanky - and this is increased by the bottom of shirt to top of pants relation, shape wise). I'm thinking shrinking hips and reworking that area a little will help you plenty and offer the least amount of drama.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay so here's the shadow. I'll try to post the rabble rouser before I have to leave for work, but if I don't make it I'll post him as soon as I get home. They'll both get color and detailing, etc. this evening and then I should be able to email them to cmalidore either Fri. morning or as soon as I get home from work fri. afternoon (eastern time). What would be the best format for the files?

Also, crit please!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright so we have a problem here, Metryx's computer has fallen to the land of possibly fried. I'm not yet certain if it is fixable by tomorrow - but he's keeping me posted on it.

This means that there is a possibility of us needing to finalize his things based on what we see here - or deciding to call this off and try for a later incarnation of the team challenge. We are right against a wall here with a lot of work to do still - I'm far from happy with my own work yet at this point.

Any thoughts?

I'm not horribly positive today after a seriously bad day at work so I'm trying to be calm about this, but overall that game plan isn't doing so hot lol

Should we pursue this challenge:
    I like the Shadow here, watch his far arm though, it's feeling very stiff. You may need to hide more of it or possibly restructure for sake of loosening that. I believe having the gun tilted up is doing much of that since generally speaking we don't often tilt our wrists up like that when our arm is down.... not always practical. Though it can be done - so that's up to you . Lot of room for detailing, good work!

Also on file formats.... honestly I'll work with anything. Anything high res is good - psd would be preferable (are you familiar with yousendit.com? Great for larger files) since it's easier to play with layers - but really as long as it's big enough for posting in the CHOW thread I can compile it.

Last edited by cmalidore; April 30th, 2009 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah that sucks about your computer Metryx! Really sorry to hear about that

I have no issues with bowing out of this challenge and trying again later- especially if that would take the stress off for you chris. We do still have a crazy amount of work to do. I totally leave it up to you guys though, I'll keep working until I hear from you.

You're right about that arm; it's been bothering me and I've been intending to come back to it. I was trying to make the gun clear so I forced the angle on it, but it does look weird lol.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm greatly reluctant to say continue right now for the sheer fact that with all of our various setbacks at the moment (mostly our lack of time in recent weeks) that I just don't feel we're going to be able to show the level of quality that really reflects what our team can do.

I sent a quick text to Metryx asking his thoughts and his response was:
    "I concur. Even with hard drive access I can't get quality art done on another computer. If you guys want to finish for posterity at another time I'm okay with that."

So miss, If you'll work with us again for one of the next ones - I'd love to have team Mighty Minkies back in action to show what all we can do when we have time on our side

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    While it is definitely a bummer to have to bow out on this one, I agree with everything you said. It's not worth it to put out less than our best to make the deadline. Also, to be honest this takes some stress off of me seeing as how I have to get ready for a wedding I'm going to.

I would absolutely love to work with you guys again though!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    From a laptop:

First of all I'm very sorry the death of my computer has set the rest of you back and that we had to bow out of the challenge. I appreciate everyone's willingness and effort in this, and the consideration of finishing up my test on my behalf.

For those curious: Computer is fried - motherboard, processor, and all. Hard drive seems okay, but is presently inaccessible via my means until I work out some wonky techno crap. So I may be out of the art gamut indefinitely until I work something out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    While we COULD have finished without you - honestly I don't think it would be half as fun. So don't worry man, no apologies needed (well, I don't want any, at least ). We'll rise again when it makes more sense.

Best of luck on the ol computer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.