Team CHOW: The Mighty Minkies (metryx, cmalidore, f o x) ~ nudity
Okie, so I guess I'm starting this off. I guess we're all just doing personal sketching and will come together here to compare and blend?
However we do it, lol. Here are my sketches for The HERO, "light version"
I ought to have the Dark version sketches (only doing one or two for her, as it'd be the same design as Light, just different image) up later tonight.
For non-teamers, we're going at a "fantasy/steampunk" style.
Our descriptions are listed below.
- Female, between 20 - 30. Has no memory of anything beyond a year before present.
- Stubborn to a fault, but unswervingly loyal to those she cares about, convinced that she could lose her memory of them at any time she makes the most of every moment.
- Has a tendency to say things before she thinks about them.
- Rumoured to have a second personality that can remember everything from before, a 'dark' side, as it were, with totally different personality traits. **
- A quick learner, but unlikely to pay attention unless something immediately catches her interest.
- Searching for her past but ultimately easily caught up in the present and the worries of others, tending to think of other people before herself.
- Found (to her horror) that she is more than capable of handling herself in a fight, and likely capable of killing.
- Male, between 20 - 30 (should be around Hero's age).
- The only person that the hero has any memory of, beyond the last year (though she can only remember his face), and the only person who might know who she is. He pretends he doesn't know, or refuses to say.
- Seemingly self-absorbed but actually self-destructive, has a tendency to take out his insecurities as malicious remarks on other people.
- Isn't well liked, but doesn't care, or pretends he doesn't.
- Doesn't seem to have any friends except the hero, who he would do anything for, though of course he would never say that. However, though he seems to actively despise the rest of her friends, he cares for them more than he admits.
- Whether he is helping the hero find her memory, or actively hindering her, is unclear. She believes he is helping her. He doesn't necessarily believe that it would help her to find it.
- Often disappears for long periods.
- Male or Female, between 25 - 50, well-built
- Found the Hero directly after she had lost her memory, and managed to piece her back together.
- Strong and loyal, but prone to worry. Decided to take hero under wing, and began to notice the very strange energies* and events that surrounded her.
- Completely distrusts the Shadow and the Sage and believes they are actively working against the Hero's interests, but defer's to the Hero's opinion and trust of them.
- Strengths lie in activities done with the hands - higher concepts either are not a concern, or are too hard to think about in depth.
- Honest and blunt, so sometimes seems unkind, but never means it.
- Sometimes wonders if accidently stepped in way too deep into something never meant to be approached.
- Male or Female, any age
- Does not come from the same country* as hero. Came from far away to find something, and claims that the hero will lead her to it, though will not say what it is - even whether it is a physical object* or a higher plane*.
- Often seems to be looking through the person that he/she is speaking to, and just as frequently stares off into space.
- Seems to disappear whenever trouble starts, but has saved the hero and her companion multiple times to threats that they were completely obvlivious/unaware of.
- Eats very little and sleeps less, and makes very little noise when he/she walks.
- Female, 18 - 28
- Completely in tune with anything mechanical*. Takes things apart / dissects things with disturbing regularity, and while can usually put them back together again sometimes forgets to do so, to the dismay of her friends whose objects* she 'borrows'.
- Fascinated by all methods of transport*, and has an amazingly large memory for all vehicles* and machines* but not for people or places (they are just not important!)
- Initially hired for one-off job by the Hero and the Protector, but took an instant liking to them and convinced them of her usefullness.
- Not very good in rough situations like fights, prefers cold logic of puzzles, as her size tends to work against her. However, pressed into a corner, she can make her technical* knowledge work to her advantage in place of physical prowess.
- wears her heart on her sleeve and is often very cheerful, but takes some blows very hard (a friend getting hurt, etc). Sometimes flighty.
The Rabble Rouser
- Male, 20 - 30 (should be around Hero's age)
- Met Hero + crew rather accidently and they helped out of a bit of trouble (which he had gotten himself into and was almost entirely his fault).
- Developed instant infatuation with Hero + told her that he would help her find her memory. Infatuation may or may not be sincere. Hero does not return it.
- Tends to bring trouble with him, or create it when he gets there, as he grates people's nerves.
- Charming and seemingly hollow, but in select instances with the Shadow has shown that he's invested more in the quest than one would think - though perhaps not for the apparent reasons.
- Has good luck with gambling to match his bad luck with people, and never is wont for money - it tends to find him as easily as he finds it.
- Has an excellent memory for faces as well as for numbers.
- Well groomed, but not as flamboyant as one might expect - unless it is on purpose as part of a bluff.
Last edited by metryx; August 31st, 2011 at 04:53 PM.
Reason: updating image
The Sage! Took a few different routes with this one.
1: Tried mixing up an African/Arab with a Greek Philosopher, and a machine arm powered by green magic.
2: It's a little Asian Yoda strapped to a mechanical spidery-thing. >_> We don't ask where I get my ideas.
3: I figured my other concepts didn't specifically hit upon the Victorian era (trademarked of steampunk stuff), so I went all out here for this one. Yes, there's five different colorations, but it was just to show the possibilities.
Good work fox! I think we're on the same thought process for the Technician! I did a sketch this morning and I see we've got some common elements! (I'm away from my art this weekend, but Monday I can get the Technician up for sure, but right now I haven't many ideas for the Shadow or Rabble Rouser)
I really like that first Shadow design. Hopefully once Chris gets through this last Convention of his, he'll be able to get some of his sketchings posted and we can start narrowing down what direction we want to take with each character.
Hey Team, apologies for not posting until now - for the last week and a half I've not really had the time to do anything other than work and nap for a few hours to keep the next day moving.
With that in mind, I have a few days to map out some characters now, so I'll finalize my designs up and plop em in probably tomorrow. Mind you I have no scanner working, so I'll have to do them digitally or something..... I'll figure it out.
Metryx: Digging the non-human elements you're tossing in, though I wonder about some of the clothing bits - they aren't communicating steampunk to me too much just yet. I doubt it would take much though... you're just about there. Gotta make sure we solidify our genre with these, readability is very important for character design.
F o x: Great designs! Do you have any color ideas in mind for them yet? Or are you winging it (as I will be haha)?
Are there any that you two are having real problems with? I can try and put emphasis on those when I plop out my designs tonight.
i'm having obvious problems with a "steampunk" element, haha. My Technician sketches (should have them up today or tomorrow) are much better, but so far as going back and adjusting the ones I have.... I'm at a loss. I was hoping that's where we'd sit down and hash things out together, lol.
F o x nailed the Shadow, I think. I have zero ideas for the Shadow and the Rabble Rouser.
Nice! I like where you're going with the technician. It's funny, but I have the most ideas for the rabble rouser and the shadow! I've got some more sketches of them that I've been playing with- hopefully I'll be able to get them up soon. The hero and the protector are the ones that I've been drawing a total blank on so far.
Alright guys - sorry for going MIA.... I hate this month. Anyway with my scanner out of commission I got tired of trying to worm around that and decided to just start drawing my designs digitally with my sketchbook next to me for guidance.
So these are really quick at this point, very speed painterly as I try to nail out the silhouette and a quick color theme.
Attached is Rabble rouser and Protector. I'll get Sage and hero drawn tomorrow evening.