sleeping on the bus
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: sleeping on the bus

FourTonMantis is offline Without vision we will die Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

sleeping on the bus

Been working on this for a total of about 3-3.5 hours now. From reference. I'd love some critique on general painting technique (especially since you guys didn't seem to dig my subterranean cavern so much).

EDIT: Decided to upload the ref, on Grief's recommendation.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by FourTonMantis; April 7th, 2009 at 10:34 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    good start. the proportions seem to be, for the most part, pretty accurate. it'd help if you posted the photo as well. the position of the ear appears to be a bit low. it seems like if i saw this figure from head-on she'd have ears that extend from about the height of her nose to beneath her mouth. the nostrils are slanted more towards the viewer than the rest of the alignment of the head. the forearm looks a bit short too.

be sure to really establish the planes of the hands and fingers, right now the entire hand structure reads as one flat piece, and getting some shadows and highlights to help define the form will give it more physical depth.

keep going on it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Grief For This Useful Post:

FourTonMantis is offline Without vision we will die Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Grief View Post
    good start. the proportions seem to be, for the most part, pretty accurate. it'd help if you posted the photo as well. the position of the ear appears to be a bit low. it seems like if i saw this figure from head-on she'd have ears that extend from about the height of her nose to beneath her mouth. the nostrils are slanted more towards the viewer than the rest of the alignment of the head. the forearm looks a bit short too.

be sure to really establish the planes of the hands and fingers, right now the entire hand structure reads as one flat piece, and getting some shadows and highlights to help define the form will give it more physical depth.

keep going on it!
    Thanks for the crits. I just roughed in the hands; I plan on refining them as I go. The nostrils have been a struggle the entire time.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.