Intuos4 pen tilting function not working properly
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Intuos4 pen tilting function not working properly

Hi there, I'm new to this site, how are you all doing?

I have just bought the new Wacom Intuos4 Large and already seems to be experiencing a slight but annoying problem, and I was wondering if those of you who also have the Intuos4 may have come across this problem as well.

Story: I was using Painter Sketch pad, just doodling stuff, getting the feel of my new Intuos4. Since Sketchpad allows the tilt function in the Intuos pen, I was using that to shade my drawing. As I was drawing in consecutive lines of shading marks (the lines are thicker and fatter in tilt mode), I've noticed some lines were created as if the pen was not tilted, the lines were thin like when you hold the pen 90 degree to the tablet. It happens randomly but almost all the time. It doesn't do it when the pen itself, as I was shading, never leaves the tablet, but if I make consecutive shading marks that have the pen leaves the tablet surface and then touch it again, it will do that.

The problem have occurred in Painter sketchpad & Painter X

I'm using the tablet on a Vista PC.

I wonder if its a pen defect or something else since I don't remember having this problem with the Intuos3

I have made some examples of this problem in the picture.
    If any of you have this same problem, please share and perhaps if you've solved it somehow, please tell me how?

Thanks a bunch.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Don't worry, it's not you. It's Sketchpad. Program is rather buggy. I've had issues with the tilt. However, just to make sure. You may want to full uninstall your driver and re-install it.

You'll also notice wobbles in your line even if you're making a straight sketch. So the tilt function while nice isn't quite there yet in Painter.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for replying so fast Arshes Nei. After what you've just said, I'm beginning to think that you're right. I don't think it's the Intuos but rather its the software that's the problem. Beside from this, everything else about the new Intuos4 is excellente. Thanks again.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.