Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
This is one image in a series of whimsical images I've been commissioned to do for a pediatrician's office. I'd like some feedback as to how you guys think I might be able to make the piece feel a bit more lively. I'm thinking of adding fireflies, to start. Any thoughts?
I love, love, love the hill in the forground with the father and son and their shadows.... it is perfect for a Pediatricians office.
Some thoughts to improve on:
- Let the milky way make a curve
- do not let the flakes finish in such a straight and aprubt line on the left side of the image
- give the illusion of a village in the background by making some very simple and unfocused shaoes for the houses, not just lights in the hills
- perjaps some smaller flakes to make it clear that the lights in the sky are all flakes
- lower the flake and milkyway incident
I REPEAT THOUGH... DO NOT TOUCH THE HILL
PS: totally my new and improved Desktop background.
Thanks for the input!
Robz, I wasn't actually intending for it to look like the fruit loops are falling. I kind of had the idea in my head that they were hanging in place, like stars, and one of them was slowly moving through the Milky Way. Maybe I should add just a slight hint of trails behind them?
Janos - Awesome suggestions! Thanks again. I hadn't even noticed the line of fruit loops on the left side.
Oh, I forgot to fix the color profile before I uploaded that last one. These colors should look a bit better. Added the fireflies, too.
Ah nice update. SOme things to think about:
-not too sure if the lightbugs detract from the people. I could do without them.
-remove the red flake over the green one entering the milky way and put it futher up cropping it a little at the frame
-the line of flakes/stars on the lowerleft is still visible to me. Just add a light point or two below that to make it a little more alive.
LOve it as it is though, too.