TEAM CHOW ----Team Sugah Face Sketchbook

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

TEAM CHOW ----Team Sugah Face Sketchbook

Sugah Face

APRIL 30th
    CHOWs are due at midnight on this date!

Next Meeting: Sunday, April 19 1:00 /3:00/5:00

Theme: Fantasy

Labyrinth/Final Fantasy like in design.

World: Undetermined. Near the Equator or Icy Tundra? Forestal world, or more modern?

Style: ???

Characters have been assigned:
    Protector: Jazz
    Sage: MJ
    Rabble Rouser: Dani
    Shadow: Tav
    Hero and Mechanic: everyone work on these.

We need to get a better grasp of the theme.

Timeline

Times subject to change

Saturday April 4th 1/3/5pm: 1st MSN meeting. Bring initial sketches.

Work on posting references and character sketches until next meeting.

Wednesday April 8th 4:30 /6:30/8:30: 2nd MSN meeting.
    Bring Character Sketches. Cement theme here or on Saturday.

Saturday April 11th 1/3/5pm: Work on line drawings. Bring accessory ideas (weapons, tools, whatever.) Also bring ideas for background.

Saturday April 18th 1/3/5pm: Final line drawings done. Move on to rendering/colouring. Bring samples of colored work! Decide colour pallet

Saturday April 25th 1/3/5pm: Final colouring done. Work on details.

Thursday April 30th: Final Artwork Submitted.
    Submitting the final sketches: ????

Team Progress:

Meeting April 4th. Everyone attended and brought some sketches to show. We talked about each of the characters and assigned characters for everyone to draw. Dani: Rabble Rouser, Tav: Shadow, MJ: Sage, Jazz: Protector.

Character Ideas (Beacons of Shining Light):

Hero: Possibilities: Native American, Egyptian. To be determined.

Shadow: Quiet, probably may not be muscular. Hopelessly misunderstood. Edgy but not outwardly malicious.
    Possible References: Rorschach from Watchmen

Protector: A strong African woman. Beautiful and calm. Strong Jawline and maybe a pronounced brow line. Possibly white hair, could be short or have dreads?

Sage: A child or teen. We talked about this character as either a teen boy or a young girl.

Technician: Looks to be about 18. Short and probably stout. Tech geek, machine maker, or magic user. Not lazy and very obsessed. Maybe tech or magic transport. Loves to talk. More to be determined when we solidify where everything takes place.

Rabble Rouser: Possibly Latino. Good looking. Smoldering eyes. Dark hair. Possible references: Young Sean Connery, Michael Rosenbaulm, Michael Shanks, Surresh from Heros.

If I forgot anything let me know!

Splash/Mood pages to be added soon!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dani Duck; April 19th, 2009 at 06:24 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey girls, here's the main topics rules and descriptions. This way, they'll all be in one place!

TEAM CHOW SIX CHARACTERS

DESCRIPTION

For this Team Chow you will be required to design six characters that make up the 'protaganist' side of the game/tv show/ect that we are pretending to create. There will be no villians/antagonists this round.

* Can be changed according to genre. ie, mechanical = magical = steampowered, car = boat = horse, etc.
    ** You may do two version of this, if you wish.

Characters:

The Hero
    - Female, between 20 - 30. Has no memory of anything beyond a year before present.
    - Stubborn to a fault, but unswervingly loyal to those she cares about, convinced that she could lose her memory of them at any time she makes the most of every moment.
    - Has a tendency to say things before she thinks about them.
    - Rumoured to have a second personality that can remember everything from before, a 'dark' side, as it were, with totally different personality traits. **
    - A quick learner, but unlikely to pay attention unless something immediately catches her interest.
    - Searching for her past but ultimately easily caught up in the present and the worries of others, tending to think of other people before herself.
    - Found (to her horror) that she is more than capable of handling herself in a fight, and likely capable of killing.

The Shadow
    - Male, between 20 - 30 (should be around Hero's age).
    - The only person that the hero has any memory of, beyond the last year (though she can only remember his face), and the only person who might know who she is. He pretends he doesn't know, or refuses to say.
    - Seemingly self-absorbed but actually self-destructive, has a tendency to take out his insecurities as malicious remarks on other people.
    - Isn't well liked, but doesn't care, or pretends he doesn't.
    - Doesn't seem to have any friends except the hero, who he would do anything for, though of course he would never say that. However, though he seems to actively despise the rest of her friends, he cares for them more than he admits.
    - Whether he is helping the hero find her memory, or actively hindering her, is unclear. She believes he is helping her. He doesn't necessarily believe that it would help her to find it.
    - Often disappears for long periods.

The Protector
    - Male or Female, between 25 - 50, well-built
    - Found the Hero directly after she had lost her memory, and managed to piece her back together.
    - Strong and loyal, but prone to worry. Decided to take hero under wing, and began to notice the very strange energies* and events that surrounded her.
    - Completely distrusts the Shadow and the Sage and believes they are actively working against the Hero's interests, but defer's to the Hero's opinion and trust of them.
    - Strengths lie in activities done with the hands - higher concepts either are not a concern, or are too hard to think about in depth.
    - Honest and blunt, so sometimes seems unkind, but never means it.
    - Sometimes wonders if accidently stepped in way too deep into something never meant to be approached.

The Sage
    - Male or Female, any age
    - Does not come from the same country* as hero. Came from far away to find something, and claims that the hero will lead her to it, though will not say what it is - even whether it is a physical object* or a higher plane*.
    - Often seems to be looking through the person that he/she is speaking to, and just as frequently stares off into space.
    - Seems to disappear whenever trouble starts, but has saved the hero and her companion multiple times to threats that they were completely obvlivious/unaware of.
    - Eats very little and sleeps less, and makes very little noise when he/she walks.

The Technician*
    - Female, 18 - 28
    - Completely in tune with anything mechanical*. Takes things apart / dissects things with disturbing regularity, and while can usually put them back together again sometimes forgets to do so, to the dismay of her friends whose objects* she 'borrows'.
    - Fascinated by all methods of transport*, and has an amazingly large memory for all vehicles* and machines* but not for people or places (they are just not important!)
    - Initially hired for one-off job by the Hero and the Protector, but took an instant liking to them and convinced them of her usefullness.
    - Not very good in rough situations like fights, prefers cold logic of puzzles, as her size tends to work against her. However, pressed into a corner, she can make her technical* knowledge work to her advantage in place of physical prowess.
    - wears her heart on her sleeve and is often very cheerful, but takes some blows very hard (a friend getting hurt, etc). Sometimes flighty.

The Rabble Rouser
    - Male, 20 - 30 (should be around Hero's age)
    - Met Hero + crew rather accidently and they helped out of a bit of trouble (which he had gotten himself into and was almost entirely his fault).
    - Developed instant infatuation with Hero + told her that he would help her find her memory. Infatuation may or may not be sincere. Hero does not return it.
    - Tends to bring trouble with him, or create it when he gets there, as he grates people's nerves.
    - Charming and seemingly hollow, but in select instances with the Shadow has shown that he's invested more in the quest than one would think - though perhaps not for the apparent reasons.
    - Has good luck with gambling to match his bad luck with people, and never is wont for money - it tends to find him as easily as he finds it.
    - Has an excellent memory for faces as well as for numbers.
    - Well groomed, but not as flamboyant as one might expect - unless it is on purpose as part of a bluff.

--------

SUBMISSION GUIDLINES

The Final Burning Thread will go up ONE WEEK before deadline. The deadline will be April 30th, at 11:59 pm GMT - 5, Eastern Standard Time. I will accept submissions as long as it is April 30th somewhere in the world, but after this I will close the thread. I am going to give myself 1-2 days to then sort out the poll and the voting, so please be patient.

1. One team member will be in charge of submitting the final entry. How the entry is presented will be up to you, but keep it consistent and coherent.
    2. Remember that you will need to submit wips. If you decide to make a group sketchbook for this activity, a link to that will suffice.
    3. Also sumbit a list of Team Activity. I want to see how well you worked as a team - who was in charge of what and what each member did.
    4. All other ChoW rules apply. If you are not familiar with the usual chow rules, please read the guidlines thread sticked at the top of the subforum. Including, 3/4ths rule, no paint-overs, etc.
    5. Please submit files with this naming convention: TeamChow_TeamName_Image001.jpg

Last edited by MJ_Alcazar; April 4th, 2009 at 11:27 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MJ_Alcazar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Generic World

fresh water, fresh air, plenty of land and natural resources, along with healthy flora/fauna... but apparently though they don't find any "people", the whole planet has a gaia-type spirit... trees have spirits (think ents), animals have spirits (think were-creatures), water bodys have spirits

some of the animals are, well, animals. Non-thinking. But you'd have to be... hrmm... In the spiritual "know" to be able to tell which were animals and which were were-beasts... and there are some "spirits" that, well,never got over being "eaten" Cause... what happens when you eat an animal with a spirit? I'd imagine you'd get something like wraiths or revenants

Well, said spirits didn't take too kindly to being "invaded", let's just say... so they took out their retribution on earth's refugees so rather than post-apocalyptic.. one bad situation on earth...followed by (hee hee) another bad situation on the new planet where "True Science" was disgarded in favor of magic/spirit. tech still exists... there are aquaducts (and toilets), crude weaponry... moving carts/buggies/etc but no biotech or AI or anything like cars

So everyone came from earth on a ship?-nods- Yea, but WAAAAY long ago. except Sage. So they'd all be decendants of whatever race we want them to be.

So there would be some kind of technology either way. There would be people who understand technology and attempt to emulate it to a degree -nods- But low-tech. High-tech got more or less outlawed after the whole... mindless cannibalism business. Granted, it's not like they -knew- they were eating someone's baby... but, hey...Or chopping down someone's dad ;}
    Imagine you've arrived in Paradise as the top of the Food Chain... and find... you really aren't the Top of the chain. More like, in the middle. With a whole lot of learning to do. And you have to fight for your life at that part of the food chain, surely.

with forests, big, big forests and giant flowrs

Clothing

The clothing would favor practicality with a touch of fantasy. Since weaponry is crude (ie: swords/crossbows/etc are common but firearms are not) armor is still a primary source of protection

so their clothing is probably mostly cotton, wool or maybe silk
    -nods- Yea. Whatever they're "allowed" to have by the spirits of the land.
    Nothing that would be a direct product of a beast, me thinks.
    But if it was a gift, you could accept it and use it.
    so basically no leather?But it's not so common as cotton, silk, etc.
    or did they bring animals with them?
    Like I said, there are some "non-were-animals"
    and would it matter?
    So if you got permission to use it...
    Feathers would be a priveledge.
    Likewise, fur would be significant.
    And houses would be mostly made of stone.
    But I want my protector wearing something shiny. What other fabric's shiny? Synthetic leather I guess. XD
    Gold ;}
    fish scales!
    Snake-skin
    But there would be metal. Recall that gold can be sluiced from rivers. It just has way less worth than it would elsewise.

Anything made from traditional plants (ie most fabrics)
    Cotton, sisal, linen, etc. Things that can be woven...
    dyes are gifts
    wool/yarn might be more difficult to come by, anything that specifically came from an animal would have to be either a gift or from a non-sentient beast
    So like hemp and linen would be okay? cause they are made from flax
    grass ... like, grass skirts
    Oh, I was going to say grass..that's wierd, but grass skirts would be okay
    maybe that's how rulers are determined, by the spirits?
    So only those of stature or beloved of the "spirits" would have fur, wool, feathers, leather, etc
    I think linen should be the main cloth used, then
    Likely.
    I'm going to guess that it's a fairly temperate place. Warm, but not freezing cold winters.

Clothing Links:

http://www.lindaloudermilk.com/
    http://www.slide.com/r/sKhYEu7ApD-LK...1D?map=2&cy=bb

Color Palette: winter white, ice blue, shimmery taupe, dark ash (black), cream & chocolate ombre, charcoal, teal with gold, dark cinnamon
    Textures & Details: eco-friendly wools (bamboo, Japanese rice paper); reclaimed lace; cotton faux fur; human hair; wood pulp; reclaimed cotton; organic wool jersey; hemp satin; bamboo stretch corduroy; biodegradeable wood pulp & silk; white fabric "icecubes" hanging from long bell sleeves; screen prints with global warming messages; chiffon one-shouldered ruffle tops & minis; poufy "mohawk" 'do

Hero

so, what about this hero. how does she tie in?
    A good question. Perhaps she's to be called on to right the imbalance?
    It was a mistake, after all......
    hmmm, she's given powers by the spirits, which wipe her memory?
    Btw... I was thinking "hero" might be a nickname that Shadow gave her..
    I mean, at this point, she may or may not have done anything spectacular..
    -grins-
    Yea... imagine what happens if you pee in a stream ;}
    Oh, question, Shadow doesn't neccessarily have to be the same country as hero?
    So it could've been her fault for all we know!

No memory
    Has some power that's needed... to un-imbalance things ;}

We don't know what the power is
    But it ruined her memory?
    from the spirits?
    From -some- of the spirits.

well people don't know what the power is, but we know
    I mean, we've got no knowledge that they all love each other ;}
    so, good spirits and bad spirits
    The hero can fight, doesn't know why.

So she's on some random quest...
    She doesn't know anything
    shadow is leading ehr
    Perhaps she was a reckless-warmonger before her memory was gone so she's a wicked fighter chick?
    Maybe some of what she thinks are her memories are false memories down the road?
    ohhh, like the reckless warmonger
    Like her dark side is feeding her things
    her past life
    suffice it to say, people follow her and she's obviously heading -somewhere-
    spirits redeemed her?
    or try

mebbe, yea?
    Yeah...maybe they're saying she's supposed to have no memories.
    the dark side's voice, that is...or...whatever
    she was a leader of the people, trying to conquer spirits?
    before
    is possible... honestly, we don't have to know really
    but we can keep it along those lines
    she might've brought them down a very wrong path.

What kind of clothes would she be wearing then?
    anything not made from animals? boycotting?
    maybe she -can't- wear fur? or wool? or anything.. it burns!
    Maybe there's a reason for that!
    like... an alergic reaction
    i think we've got her down, more or less?

no, she can wear grass skirts!
    So she wears linen
    maybe just a brownish linen
    I'd think she'd have somewhat long hair, maybe she was in a kind of stasis for a while

Shadow

Yea, and the Shadow is... undying and preserved by nanites...the last "bastion" of True Science. Let's just say that nobody likes him for a reason. And why he disappears often.

See, when I had this idea
    I had the Shadow as someone who was -part- of the original mayhem.
    Someone who could ...(btw, the tech that I had was self-regenerating nanites... that keep shadow alive and well, and going... and going... until "something". he doesn't know what that something is

umm, well, dark stuff?
    Either something menacing OR something unambiguous
    maybe he has robotic stuff on him?
    which may not be dark
    Naw, you can't know he's a bad guy, or that he uses technology, I don't think
    He might cover up some parts of him because...he could be robotic or something else?
    maybe his entire body is covered
    that's why he dissappears
    he shortcircuits
    or almost all of it
    or he has to repair it
    I don't know how he'd be able to repair himself on a world without technology
    I wonder how fast he is...
    He can only bring technology with him and use some of the resources on that planet.
    Would take him a longer time to actually mend himself.
    I don't know..I kind of like the idea of him being a demon
    Not a bad one, but some kind of evil spirit in human form?
    one of the spirits of the world?
    I do too... That up there is hypothetical, IF he were technologically...enhanced...
    maybe that's what started the whole
    mess
    Oh maybe he was trapped in a human form, as a curse. But only half human
    he was an experiment done by first earth people on inhabitant?
    and now he's trapped
    and why world is mad?

Protector

Or perhaps she's a were-animal that was punished... and therefore "stuck" as half-way in between?

It says in the description that the protector doesn't trust Shadow or Sage

The Protector must be liked by some kind of animals...maybe not the smarter ones.
    As long as you don't -kill- something yourself...
    Unless... o_o
    I think it'd be ok
    Mebbe the protector -is- a were creature?
    Just not smart enough to change back?? ;}
    She could be
    Like... a cheetah.
    That'd be nifty.
    yeah!
    Or an elephant ;}
    say or She's just inbetween
    -nods-
    How odd...I have a character just like that...well, this is why I should create my stories. XD
    anthro?

Sage

like, he's actually like a spirit of the planet
    that would explain why sage dissappears in fights, he doesn't want to harm anything
    almost ethereal. Does not/can’t use magic, but can sense those who can. Says little, but what he does say is straight and to the point and always comes true. Believed to be much, much older than what he looks like. Excellent at tracking, can tell where someone’s been by just the smallest blade of grass out of place. Very in tune with environment, animals are always around him. Sort of the ps

Maybe he just knows everything there is to know about the past?

Technician

Technician...do the animals like her?
    Well, considering they likely aren't riding horses....
    I guess they would like her
    Unless she's cozy with 'em.
    And she uses everything they give her to make clothing
    Maybe she "talks to animals"?
    yeah! but is only human to be able too
    She's wearing so much junk all the time that it's almost disgusting
    Ah... well, since she's the one responsible for keeping everyone moving... she'd have to have access to some form of transport?
    What is it she collects?
    hmm, good question...
    Any scraps of old earth?
    oooh, remnants...
    memoribilia?
    Anything basically
    -nods-
    She especially loves anything mechanical or electrical
    i'd guess she'd strive to emulate "old earth" dress styles
    and if there -is- tech, she knows about it
    i'll bet she's the only one with a working firearm
    I could see her with a 1920's style...
    and a musket ;}
    I would think her style would be just a mess, but she totally thinks she's wearing clothing earthlings would have
    -laughs- I can't help but think of when japan emulates american style (or lack thereof)
    Maybe even thinks the more the better
    hehe... a t-shirt that says "I San York"
    Maybe with a seat-belt for a belt/buckle
    suspenders ;}
    She's almost like a character from Tank girl

Rabble Rouser

I wonder if the rabble-rouser would have "rich" fabrics...
    I'd imagine he'd win them from someone ;}
    oh! rabble is liked by the spirits?
    I doubt it
    I'd guess he "made his luck" And had to find garments to match ;}
    More likely he stole them, or talked people out of things
    how does the spirits let him wear?
    or do they stay out
    mostly

Last edited by Tavarilyn; April 9th, 2009 at 09:58 PM. Reason: added char descriptions

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, here are mine so far!

Name:  jw_hero01.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  84.7 KB Name:  jw_shadow01.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  72.1 KB

Name:  jw_sage01.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  86.2 KB Name:  jw_protector01.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  88.3 KB

Name:  jw_technician01.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  82.2 KB Name:  jw_rabbleRouser01.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  90.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are some ideas I had for the technician.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are my intial ideas.

EDIT: Wips are one the bottom.
    Sage
    Hero
    Tech

Last edited by MJ_Alcazar; April 19th, 2009 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, so I was playing around with a few moods and dredged the internet for some picks I liked. The second part is some rough-rough-roughs. A few heads for mood, some poses, a full body with minor costuming thoughts. All for The Shadow.

Tav

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New Sketches

Last edited by Dani Duck; May 3rd, 2009 at 04:18 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    * One sketch/WIP of the Shadow, done in Gimp with Wacom Intuos. (ORIGINAL SKETCH)

* Final Sketch #1 - Shadow with Short Hair
    * Final Sketch #2 - Shadow with Long Hair

Which do you prefer, ladies?

Tav

Last edited by Tavarilyn; April 22nd, 2009 at 05:15 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Didn't get to do all that I wanted in the evening, but when school is being school it can't be helped. ^____^;; Ah well, I'll work on more tomorrow!! For now, please just ignore that face, I didn't get a chance to go deeper than that! XD And oh! I say this stuff is from imagination, but I mean PART imagination, part observation. It's just not an option. Laterz!!

Name:  proPose.png
Views: 361
Size:  92.7 KBName:  protector01.png
Views: 341
Size:  116.3 KB

Name:  proCos01.png
Views: 341
Size:  115.1 KBName:  proCos02.png
Views: 345
Size:  96.3 KB

Name:  proCos03.png
Views: 344
Size:  121.0 KB

EDIT: Here are some refs I used. Refs...that's an understatement. XD Gah!! I hope I don't get in huge trouble for this! They're not mine save for one pic!!! >_<
    Name:  refs.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  242.9 KB

Last edited by Jazz; May 2nd, 2009 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Color palette - redo...

Here are six final colors as base colors. All tints/shades/hues/etc are available for use, so long as they are based off these six. True black included for reference.

Anyone who needs a higher quality version (tiff, psd, etc)... ask and I'll email.

Thoughts?

Additional:

Hero - Coral
    Shadow - Midnight Blue
    Protector - Red
    Sage - Turquoise Blue
    Tech - Mango?
    RR - Purple

Hero - Whip
    Shadow - Bladed Sai/Psi
    Protector - Poleaxe
    Sage - Staff
    Tech - Gun (low-tech)
    RR - Kunai

Last edited by Tavarilyn; April 19th, 2009 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay edited this and added my sig! Yay me!

Last edited by Dani Duck; April 19th, 2009 at 05:49 PM.
    My baby's first photo blog: davidduck.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Update!

* Technician - Original Sketch
    * Tech - modified Original Sketch
    * Tech - heavily modified both sketches in Gimp

* Tech - totally new sketch/new concept - graphite

Whatcha think?

Tav

Last edited by Tavarilyn; April 24th, 2009 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Inked Drawings! Yay! From left to right: Sage (MJ), Protector (Jazz), Shadow (Tav), Rabble Rouser (Dani), Hero (MJ), Tech (Not shown was done by Tav)*. We are almost there, Yay!

*Parenthesis are to show who did the pencils for each drawing.

Last edited by Dani Duck; May 2nd, 2009 at 02:47 PM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dani Duck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Once again, AWESOME work, Dani!!! Thanks so much for inking!!

EDIT: I want you guys to just tell me what skin colour would work best with the Protector. I have five different ones. The clothing colour is just an arbitrary red, meaning it's probably going to be changed after. Can't decide on brown-black, blue-black, or some other coloured hair yet. But black's there somehow!

Name:  skin01.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  173.1 KB

Name:  skin02.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  132.3 KB

Last edited by Jazz; April 23rd, 2009 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, first go at base colors on Sage. I'm happy with most but not all. That deep red brown on his hat doesn't look right to me. His cape and hair aren't colored because I couldn't think of anything that looks nice.
    EDIT: added cloak color.
    EDIT2: tried to fade out his cape.
    EDIT3: Hero with her weapon of choice.
    EDIT4: Sage with Shading
    EDIT5: Yeah, I'm just going to be taking up half our SB. Don't mind me. This is with some colors. Let me know what you girls think. I'm trying to keep them to what fabric would look like naturally.
    EDIT6: Another take at Hero's colors.

Last edited by MJ_Alcazar; April 28th, 2009 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    * Here's a possible coloring of Shadow. I'm.... not 100% into it. I'll likely tweek more. Suggestions?

* A new version of Shadow. I like these colors better... and, a few shadows -on- Shadow ;} Not a finished image... yet.

* And here we have Shadow Redux...
    * And Shadow ALMOST DONE!

* HOLY OMG Shadow final???

Tav

Last edited by Tavarilyn; May 2nd, 2009 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmph! Stupid internet deleted my post!! Anyway, this is an idea for the protector's colours and a few adornments. Ignore some of the scraggly lines, but she's lookin' good to me!

Still, tell me what else I could do or if a change is needed, then I shall go to town!!

EDIT: modified her left foot. XD It was too long.

Name:  pro3b.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  119.5 KB

Last edited by Jazz; April 27th, 2009 at 09:53 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Sugahs...

So I was playing around with some new fractals, but haven't had a ton of time. I was thinking I might have -some- time tonight but did not. Anyway, here are a few I -did- get a chance to render along with some of the older ones I did that you all seemed to like.

Tav

Last edited by Tavarilyn; April 29th, 2009 at 03:16 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the last three the best. I think darker colours may work better for this.

Didn't see MJ's update and not sure if I commented on Jazz's... Awesome job so far you two.

@ Jazz Don't not colour all of her hair!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -nods to Dani-

Yea, the last three are oldies but goodies... In terms of "dark v light", I can darken, lighten, color-change, etc... any of those that you see above. So try to look at the shapes instead of the colors because the shapes will be the important thing.

MJ? Jazz? What's your take?

Tav

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tav! I love that green thing, I think it would look cool with Sage, if it hasn't been taken already.

But, as far as the other shapes go, I like the last three, four if you include the green one. I think they fit the best.

Oh, and Sage has been updated. The last two.

Last edited by MJ_Alcazar; April 28th, 2009 at 05:40 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the green tint to it better, however it looks like it might be just a tad overworked. I dunno what does everyone else think?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, all!

Dani, I'll answer you first: I'm not, I promise! XD You inked in much of the hair, so I'm actually trimming that inking part back a little, and I'll add something to it, to get the shading in. I'm thinking about brown-black or blue-black still for her hair. >_< Even purple/maroon-black, but we'll see. Gotta shaaaade...

Or I'll make her BALD!!! O_O Kiddin'! XD Oh, and thanks for the compliment!

Tav: That green one looks perfect for the Sage! Ignore me if I'm responding the wrong way. I did listen to you in regards to just looking at the shapes. My take is long-winded and of course, none have to agree!

The Hero could get away with the second or second-last one, even the last one but in a lighter tone. However, that last one could encompass her dark side in a way!

Shadow would need something, not so much mystical, but it's brooding somehow, maybe deceptively gloomy or calm.

RR actually could use something similar to the first one or the third one, but sharper, not as "regal" looking as the third, but appearing "rich".

Technician is tricky. All I can ever think of are gears and...circutry-looking stuff. Even if the circuts are actually vine-looking. And they look so complex, but end at more simplistic things...or somethin'. Like...crazy wirey cord-like vines going to some undefined shape(s).

As for the Protector, if there were a way to make those earthy colours from the second one, and make a stone-like appearance somewhat like the green Sage-esque one, that might work!

MJ, I've talked to you regarding the shading, so let's see what you come up with!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks girls, yeah, very overworked! I've got it mostly fixed. I'll show tomorrow.

On a side note, I think I might have just lost 6 hours worth of work on hero. I REALLY REALLY hope not. But, my computer won't let me back on GIMP tonight. We shall see in the morning.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -yawn- It's bed time.. but before I go, thought I'd point out that I updated a new coloring of the Shadow (non-final image) and two more fractals. I had RR and Tech in mind while doing them, but.. that's nothing. Again, watch the shapes, not the colors.

Nighters!
    Tav

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tav: I kinda like the second to last fractal. I like the fact that it's not as flashy as the others, and might fit into our our drawings better. I love what you've done with Shadow's jacket! Very hot. Keep up the great work!

Jazz I'll kill you if you make her bald. That is all.

No I'm kidding. Do what you want. Me inking it was to make it easier on you, so whateveh. I'll still love you in the morning if you make her bald. (<-totally a great line for a folk song.)

MJ I already told you stuff about yours and your working on it. So *snuggles* so you don't feel left out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Heh heh...I'll show YOU bald!! I mean...heh, I'm kiddin', Dani! Just updating you guys with a rough idea of shading. Now that the composite picture needs to happen, hopefully we can simply put it all together, not so worried about fleshing out the characters now. Yay!!

Ugh...ignore the snakeskin highlights. I still can't figure out how to actually make that effect. >_< This is VERY rough!
    Name:  pro5comp.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  148.5 KB

Just ONE MORE update on this post. I pretty much got the skin...almost. But I really need to work that fur and "fleshy" fabrics! I'm also trying to make the shading less contrasty, so not as dark.

EDIT: Fixed that for the most part! It's the one on the right.
    Name:  pro6comp.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  155.0 KB

Last edited by Jazz; May 1st, 2009 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, here's an update on Hero and Sage

EDIT: ok, here's her hair. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by MJ_Alcazar; April 30th, 2009 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Colors for Tech...?

* Updated Tech...
    * Tech again... more shading.
    * Tech... again. -grin-

* Tech... FINAL? -passes out-

Tav

Last edited by Tavarilyn; May 3rd, 2009 at 12:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.