A piece over the financial crisis Need help with perspective and flow of the piece

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A piece over the financial crisis Need help with perspective and flow of the piece

Hi all love your community and hope i can learn alot from you guys and in the end help alot too

Hi all I'm currently doing a piece over the financial crisis. The picture is going too show the hierarki in a collapsing company, and how the big boss want's too save as much money for himself as he can. And then underneath the boss layers and other executives of the company are struggling for their money and lives in a storming sea where their ship is sinking. In the bottom of the hierarki the workers are getting drowned in cash.

I am having trouble with perspective in this piece and also I'm a bit uncertain of how too achieve the effect between the different layers of the piece.
    The first layer is where the boss is, he has so much money on his table that the weight of the moneys has broken his table so it all flows away from him through his broken table and floor. And down through the sky into a ship where layers and other executives are fighting for there lives and money. The money has sunken the ship and flows through the sea and down too the ground bottom layer where the workers are drowning, In expenses symbolised by money.

I need some help with perspective of the different objects, and how to achieve some kind of cross section look by the boss floor and by the sinking ship, soo that one can feel how all the money is falling through the ocean and then through the sky down on the workers.

Any help is higly welcome im a little bit stucked right now.

Stay a while and listen!

www.jojomondag.se
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi.

I´d like to see some preliminary sketches on it. Did you make sketches? this seems to be the "final work". this is a bad way to make the final art without detailled planning.

the poles(?) or masts are not following their vanishing points. they seem to be from the side while the ships are seen from the bottom.

I would build the scene in google sketch up and make a screenshot of it as a reference

Last edited by bjoern3000; April 4th, 2009 at 09:41 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    THx bjoern3000 for your help!

This is how my original sketch looked like.

Im still learning by doing but i will look inte google sketchup.

The masts i will look into.

Thx for your help!

Stay a while and listen!

www.jojomondag.se

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I´m sorry that I have to say it like this but this is nothing. This is anything else than a plan.

While I think the idea behind it is worth to be done in a painting but the plan for executing this is not there.

Make sure that your plan has more than a vague image of what you want to do. Ask yourself "Why is this like it is?" and "Why is that like it is?" and what can I do to make it more convincing, what needs to be done that makes my message clear?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks bjoern for your help but idea wise i dont work that way, i usually come up with a small idea and then when i work on it see whats happens. I have the idea pretty clear its just the execution of the ideas that i find hard.

Anyhow continuing this piece need some tips pointers on the things described in my picture.

Stay a while and listen!

www.jojomondag.se

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.