Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good stuff Keep it going.
    I wonder what other stuff you guys come up with, i like the toony approach

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

KleeWyck is offline Professional Procrastinator Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks rogerb!

hey bone_fish, you should be doing the composite, you have superior skills in design than i do. i like the first and second one, i don't think we should directly attach a white border around the images (the third one), the images seem to lose importance when that is done. or that's just what i see... anyways i'll try a combination of design/border and see how that works.

we also need a team thumbnail to represent us. any ideas as to what we want?

edit: how's this? i'll probably have to make the lettering horizontal. i think at the moment it's hard to read and i'm not sure if it's allowed in chow regulations. anyways i kinda like having writing on the sides... so i just might still look into having some russian lettering in there instead and have the chow titles at the bottom.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by KleeWyck; May 1st, 2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: added composite example

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys. i'm starting to worry a bit, because it's starting to sound like a composite is where all the characters are present within a single image with a unified bg.

so this is how we're going to fix this:
    i'll make a very simple bg with flat colours... at this point we don't really have much of a choice because all our characters have a different lightsource. the borders will more or less stay the same as in the previous example. however the titles will go at the bottom.

i need copies of your images, please send them to my school e-mail. i'm hoping that you guys didn't merge the layers on the images... or that you worked in layers (i need tiff images with layers btw, i have PS CS2, and any PSD files i get made with a higher version of the program will probably have flaws in it or just won't open). the easiest way to fix this would be that your characters are on a separate layer from the bg. so i can just drag and drop into the composite without any major cleaning up. that would be the best case scenario. however i can clean up the images if need be.

for the single images of the characters, the bgs are fine. it's just the composite.

i have no idea what to do for the team thumbnail.

Last edited by KleeWyck; May 1st, 2009 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    woah, glad I read that... at least they're in mostly similar perspectives...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The composite doesn't need to have a unified background! You can just line up all six side-by-side and save as one image, that's fine. I just need an image with all six to put in the poll, that's all.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daestwen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha thanks daestwen! that will certainly make our lives a little easier.

alright guys. so same as before, i need your images by midnight.

posting what i could finish of the rabblerouser (in case my harddrive decides it's a nice time to crash)
    as well as our WIP composite and our team thumbnail.
    i made them very basic and simple 'cause i don't know any better.

if there's something wrong or i should change something please tell me. i wanted to put an image in our thumbnail but i couldn't decide what. if you guys have any ideas, it's a good time to tell me.

also for the single character images, i was thinking of just dividing the composite into their own borders and add the appropriate chow titles. is that alright with everyone?

Last edited by KleeWyck; May 2nd, 2009 at 01:38 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol so much panic has happened since my last post.

The border for the composite looks good. For the thumbnail image could we do a photo of an old pocket watch or something steam punk related? And dividing the composite sounds fine for the individual images. All the characters are going to be lined up in their original orders right?

As for getting the protector done by midnight, that is not going to happen since I've being working on it and trying to get stuff organized for the garage sale tomorrow. I'm aiming to have him completed by 3 or 4am. But I'll send what I have to KleeWyck so she can get the border done. Sorry I couldn't meet your midnight deadline KleeWyck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOL.

i see there is going to be some issues with getting them in by midnight.

well how about this:

the entries had better be posted by the time i wake up.

yeah the characters will be in their original order. i just posted whatever to make it look like i'm getting something done.

as for the thumbnail pic... i don't have a pocket watch to take photos of.... unless i can find my brother's... i'll see what i can do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I kinda got sucked into yard work yesterday... cleaning up brush into bags, mowing the lawn, walking the dog.. ate a huge chunk of my time.. soo.. I'll have one character done maybe by the time you wake up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok the Protector is finished....and I can hear the morning birds singing.

Not that I really want to be pointing this out at this stage of getting things done, but I just noticed the shadow near the left corner of the rabblerouser's lip is a bit too strong...makes him look very sinister XD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hate doing big brown flat-ish areas... I find myself just throwing more and more colour at it in an attempt to make it look more interesting...how come big flat brown area will work for bone-fish but not me?

Think I need to take some of the wrinkles out. Thank god the Tech is going to have more colours!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    keng, can you give me an estimate as to when you think you'll have both entries posted?

here's the composite so far. i'm not sure how big to make it for the final. i know i wrote that i was going to put the characters in order... but then i realized i merged some layers i wasn't supposed to and now it's sort of stuck like this... also it's easier to work from one side to the other since i don't know how large the entries will be width-wise.

edit: with recent version of bone_fish's shadow. i hope. if i made a mistake again, i'm sorry!

Last edited by KleeWyck; May 2nd, 2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: updated composite

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My current goal is by six, as the grad show is at 7:00 and I still want to make it to that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey KleeWyck can you slap that updated version of the Shadow over the one that is already there? It was in the first email you got.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *sighs*
    alright 6pm. but please don't go beyond that. i tend to panic when i get stuff done last minute.

no worries. i changed him as soon as i realized that you sent me an e-mail which was right after i posted the last composite.
    for clarity's sake, i'm going to edit the last post with the updated composite.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    frak... I just saved the sage PSD as a flattened image.. oh well.. guess he'll be missing a few WIP things then

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    10 minute countdown, just have to polish off the BG a little for Tech. Might take an extra 15mins... plus the resize image options seems to be lacking "pixels"... might be a little annoying rezizing them as I was working at 1800-2300 heights for both of them

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've sent klee-wyck the finals, I'll actually post them here when I get back... I know it's not many more steps but... I'm hungry, and I need to be off

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    err..... it might be too late but I think we needed the final images in our WIPs/sketchbook thread too.

So just to be safe I copied the images KleeWyck posted in the final burn thread and posted them here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.