CHOW - Team Subway Grope (AUG, Ostrander, Sundance, Ilaekae) - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Looks perfect. Nice age and feel. Great job.

I'm not sure what he would need, but you could probably supply a large or high res jpeg or png just as well. He would simply open in PS.

I sent Dan an email to alert him to get back to you ASAP. Post a note if he doesn't.

alj

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

AUG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Aug,

Nice work! Yeah, send me a png file to the email address that I posted in the last PM I sent out and I'll get cracking on it.

- Dan

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sundance For This Useful Post:

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally!

This is the hero. Comments welcome--rip it apart.

Sundance, because of the way I set up my docs, I might be able to color this a lot faster than you can from scratch, OR...I can lay down a flat color fill that will put in the bulk of the primary color, if you can use the wand and add the painting part to make it dimensional. For example, if her pants are blue, I'd use a dark blue FLAT and you would add the highligts, texture and dark shadows. Does that help at all?

alj.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mmmmm...bewbies

So should I just send Dan line art? Or something with line and value he could just color in pshop?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not sure. Send him an email at the addy he gave us in his PM and check with him first. He checks when he gets home from work(?)...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ilaekae:

Great job on the line work and design. That cleavage would be distracting in a confrontation, putting her at tactical advantage, no doubt.

Ostrander:

I sent Dan original sized .png's of the images that I posted earlier. I'm hoping that it was O..K. to do so as there was no color information and little in the way of shading included in the files.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A reminder that these are due Thursday night late, so try to get everything finished to me no later than Thursday evening so i can clean up the presentation. The higher the res is on what you send, the better (Don't go goofy...!). I worked out a background/border and ID panel that I can shift for each character easily so all I have to do is drop the characters in. Shouldn't take any more than a couple of hours if I have to do some eraser cleanup on the edges.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

AUG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "That cleavage would be distracting in a confrontation, putting her at tactical advantage, no doubt."

Armor is useless/unnecessary on females when they have bewbies...

Locally, we have a gypsie gang of young girls that periodically rob convenience stores and liquor stores that are hard to catch because they rip their tops off just as they go in. Police haven't gotten a decent description from anyone yet...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

AUG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I sent Dan my stuff, and told him if it's too much work to let me know and I would finish them off myself. Are these due Saturday? I think Daes' extended Team Chow until then.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ostrander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the head's up. I didn't see Daes' deadline change.

If the deadline is May 2, then all I need is about four or five hours before the deadline to assemble everything. This also means I can paint both of my own, which should make Dan happy

It also means I can get some sleep...

...and if the Hero gets us dirty looks from the Moral Majority, my Sage is getting me 20-25 years in Federal prison. She is coming out absolutely evil/spooky looking...no real bewbies though...she's only eleven years old.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah for Saturday!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, I have begun the colorin-in and plan on getting them back for your review on Thursday night/Friday morning (or Friday afternoon...night...) so you can either take them and tweek, or address some changes you would like to see.

I won't wait to post until all four are done... they will come up as they are completed.

Very nice work by all of you!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sundance For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To the guys that actually created the characters...

Give me a rough idea of who/what they are, if there is more specific info in your mind's eye than the material Daes' asked us to adhere to. For example, the Protector is alien/non-human. Anything I should mention in our presentation that puts him in context of our rag-tag bunch?

Also give me an idea of height in metric OR English (doesn't matter, I'll convert) so I can get an idea of how they visually relate to each other. For example, my Hero is roughly 5'10" to 6'0" and the Sage is approximately 4'6".

Thanks.

*Dan, if you see this, can you email me one of the partially painted/done characters (when at that point) so I can get a feel for the style/coloring/etc., so mine don't mismatch?

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Technician is a human female standing 5'3", slender build, about 115lbs.
    Sports a custom pair of mechanical arms to aid in lending a hand.
    The Rabble Rouser is a Non-Human race called Basts. They have feline characteristics and facial features as well as heightened movement and senses. He stands about 6' and weighs 185lbs.
    Feel free to embellish all you want. Thanks Alj.

Glen

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ostrander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had a question too...

Ilaekae's got some pretty hard lines, do you want me to match that? I can, but it will just take a bit more time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dan, I'm going to MATCH YOU. I have a way of softening my line to pretty much match what you end up with. The hard preliminary line is because i do a lot of my preliminary coloring in Illustrator before I covert. It gives me a kind of base to control my painting because I don't use a tablet. That's why I wanted to see an example of your work as mentioned above.

I'm 80% done with my Sage and will probably post later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae View Post
    Dan, I'm going to MATCH YOU.
    Hahahahaaha...you can't paint that bad

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Sundance For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahahahahahahahaaha...

I'll bet you my ex-wife that I can.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I envisioned Protector to be short in stature, under 5 feet tall, explosive, badger like movements in a confrontation. Does the "cow thing" with his tail when he poops. Shadow would be over 6'5 with slow, fluid articulation of his body and limbs. I had no additional back story material to add to Daes' excellent character descriptions.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AUG For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looks like an all-nighter for me... this is totally based on good news on the work front, so no remorse!

Alj... look at Matt Dixons stuff, I am using his book "The Fantasy Artists Figure Drawing Bible" for influence. I ain't saying it's going to look like Matt's stuff... but I am trying!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Sundance For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you feel like crying, call me about 4:00 am...

I decided last minute (3:30 last night) to age my Sage about 4 years...total redraw.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck guys! I'm rooting for you!

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daestwen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the tears are flowing

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Sundance For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's the Sage line work. I'll be coloring/painting all Saturday on Hero and Sage. Dan, do you need help from one of us? No joke meant...

Sage is 483 years old, but grows so slowly, she's just barely into puberty in her own race.

Attached Images Attached Images  

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

AUG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae View Post
    Here's the Sage line work. I'll be coloring/painting all Saturday on Hero and Sage. Dan, do you need help from one of us? No joke meant...

Sage is 483 years old, but grows so slowly, she's just barely into puberty in her own race.
    Why yes...

I do need help!

I have pretty much finished the Technician and I am in progress with the Shadow. I am pretty slow...apparently slower than I remembered.

So that leaves the Protector and the Rabble Rouser.

I have to take my son to a birthday party this afternoon, so that will knock several hours out of painting. Do we have until end of day anywhere in the world?

Hope so....

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Sundance For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just got up an hour ago because I didn't hit the floor til 6. I'm going non-stop on coloring mine, so if I can see light, I'll give you a hand. We'll make it--don't sweat it. We have the "anywhere in the world" thing to help a bit, but I still have to do the staging after we're colored.

I'm hoping Glen and AUG check in and see this today, so don't panic. This is just our usual deadline race....

Last edited by Ilaekae; May 2nd, 2009 at 01:12 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm finishing the Rabble rouser as I type this. I'll be sending it your way shortly Alj.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Ostrander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I fucked up my dates again. The deadline is TONIGHT! anytime in the world, not Sunday. Mine will make it and we'll make the deadline, but for some strange reason, I thought Sunday was the 2nd...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FYI, I'm gonna finish the protector too so we can get these in to Alj for his final layout treatment!

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ostrander For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.