Starting up a thread to get the discussions and WIPs going for our team in the collaborative CHOW.
Post your sketches, reference and WIPs here so that we can get some feedback and share ideas as we complete this project.
Last edited by ilfed; April 4th, 2009 at 09:31 PM.
Okay, I have attached my quick idea sketch for the Heroine. The idea is that in her mysterious past she has some genetic experiments done on her. These experiments manifest strange powers and abilities when she is in trouble, but are eating her alive.
Anyway, I just sketched up a quick idea for the heroine, and this is what I got.
Here is the "official" text for this character:
I should probably give her a somewhat more innocent look in the left image. This will probably help convey the character's personality a little better. She should probably convey more of an innocent kind of look.The Hero
- Female, between 20 - 30. Has no memory of anything beyond a year before present.
- Stubborn to a fault, but unswervingly loyal to those she cares about, convinced that she could lose her memory of them at any time she makes the most of every moment.
- Has a tendency to say things before she thinks about them.
- Rumoured to have a second personality that can remember everything from before, a 'dark' side, as it were, with totally different personality traits. **
- A quick learner, but unlikely to pay attention unless something immediately catches her interest.
- Searching for her past but ultimately easily caught up in the present and the worries of others, tending to think of other people before herself.
- Found (to her horror) that she is more than capable of handling herself in a fight, and likely capable of killing.
I will start on quick concept sketches for other characters as well. Let me know what you guys think, and submit your own sketches so we can start taking elements we like and forming complete characters. This can also help us get an idea of who will be right for each one.
I look forward to your input.
I was able to find the time to quickly sketch out the second character "the Shadow". He has some similar boots to the heroine, and has some technology that might be linked to the heroine's past.
Here is the "official" text:
Not quite as happy with this design as I would like to be, but we can figure out exactly what we want in the characters once everyone gets some sketches in.The Shadow
- Male, between 20 - 30 (should be around Hero's age).
- The only person that the hero has any memory of, beyond the last year (though she can only remember his face), and the only person who might know who she is. He pretends he doesn't know, or refuses to say.
- Seemingly self-absorbed but actually self-destructive, has a tendency to take out his insecurities as malicious remarks on other people.
- Isn't well liked, but doesn't care, or pretends he doesn't.
- Doesn't seem to have any friends except the hero, who he would do anything for, though of course he would never say that. However, though he seems to actively despise the rest of her friends, he cares for them more than he admits.
- Whether he is helping the hero find her memory, or actively hindering her, is unclear. She believes he is helping her. He doesn't necessarily believe that it would help her to find it.
- Often disappears for long periods.
Last edited by ilfed; April 11th, 2009 at 10:30 PM.