TEAM CHOW - Team DarkYellowGhostRobot = darkly,Sung-jae Kim,Ghostbrush,dwinbotp

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Since we're joining in this fun Team Chow thingy, might as well put this up for my other team mates to update our stuff and progress. Basically, we're all here for several reasons and learning from one another is topmost on the list. That's why four complete strangers will try to see if they can come up with 6 different characters within the month w/o killing each other.

We're going to post some initial ideas and sketches and vote on amongst the team which genre to work on, and hopefully with lots of hard work, creativity and bucketloads of sheer luck and moral support, we might actually come up with something worth noticing, haha

My initial concept for a post apocalyptic setting... others will soon follow.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    eek, not sure if it's post-apocalyptic either....and there's not even much to the design :|
    I think I'll try not to erase and just put out ideas so I don't end up with 1 crappy img the whole day.

technician >_<;;

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey keep at is sung-jae kim, maybe redine it more then decide to scrap it, nice start. @dwinbotp, nice start as well, like your hero, her face is nice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay so I'm thinking more along the World of Warcraft/Fantasy type stuff, but I also like the post apocalyptic idea. I'm kind of thinking why can't we merge those and make some realm totally new. Something along the lines of Lord of the Wrings meets Mad Max. Anyway I'm going to be working up some sketches/concepts tomorrow/saturday. So I should have something to visualize what I'm thinking hopefully tomorrow nightish.

dwinbotp: Oh awesome leader. A suggestion, or thought on who does what (delegation stuff). I'm thinking we've got a whole month and we should definitely use our time wisely, but it might be good to just brainstorm, decide on a realm/world, and get some good concepts out there at first. As far as time frame, maybe a week (or less) of just pumpin' out some cool characters. Then (after that "week") deciding on what ones to keep and which ones to toss and who's going to finish what. Then everyone does their assigned work accordingly and we take over Team Chow!
    With that being said I am now taking a vow to not post again until I've got some artwork to contribute.

Some see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I just try to see the glass!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yo

just some quick sketches i did of some of the characters yesterday, i guess post apocalyptic, although there is not really much design in these at all.

In fact I dont realy like them past the poses ha ha, but hey 1st sketch!

going to work on this today and do some better sketches in different timezones etc

Looking for work experience - let me show you what I can do

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just trying some different costumes and ting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    starting to mess with sci fi theme

terrible 5 min sketch

ha ha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's a few profile sketches I got done.

Name:  team-CHOW-sketches1.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  319.7 KB

More to come soon!

Some see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I just try to see the glass!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay so I was checking out the competition and came across this piece of gold. Which is all yoitisi's (link to original http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=154605), but hey he's an admin and an all around badass and I figured it might give us an idea as to how we might want to structure our work load.

"Planning & Deadlines

Monday April 5: Section A: Topic/Timeframe/Style done and updated.

Sunday April 12: Section B: Ideas done and updated.
    Monday April 13: Selection made of best ideas so far, start with working them out into more finished concepts.

Sunday April 19: Section C: Concepts done and updated.
    Monday April 20: Selection of concepts, finishing them to final design and start on final rendering.

Tuesday April 30: Section D: Finals done and updated, as well as posted in the finals thread.

Process & Steps

A: Topic/Timeframe/Style:

This section will contain several parts that will help us to stay focused as a group and to inspire ourselves.

1. The choice we made for the style and timeframe our characters will operate in: Arabian Pilgrimage/Caravan - Futuristic

2. Visual style guide: Moodboards, collages, inspiring art, colorcharts and the like.

3. Additional write up to explore the characters as given in the brief a bit more in depth, linking them together with each other and the world they walk around in.

B: Ideas

1. After finishing the initial style guides and write up, it's time to get some ideas out there. Thumbnails, doodles and sketches, anything to put our minds on paper goes.

2. Choice of the most promising and/or popular ones. The style guides will be used to judge the ideas too, so if all your ideas fall outside this range you haven't paid enough attention, but if all your ideas fall safely inside this range you might not have looked far enough.

3. Before moving on we'll evaluate on any changes and on cohesiveness of the whole range.

C: Concepts

1. After the evaluation, our next step is to combine the earlier ideas into more finalized concepts. Adding new ideas might be necessary too though. Again, starting out with rough sketches at first might be a good idea.

2. End result of this phase might be ortho's for each character and maybe a start at the final rendering of the characters.

3. Evaluating concepts to check if they all match up with each other. Only small changes are made at this point, before going into making a rendering out of each of them.

D: Finals

1. Start on the final rendering of each character. This is where it gets tricky, since we’re all working in a different style as artists, and also on a different level, so we might have to figure something out for this. On all the previous steps I don’t think painting skill doesn’t really matter (in fact, I think it’ll benefit us that we’re working in different styles since it means more inspiration and ideas for us all), but for the final rendering we might need to figure something out.

2. Posting of the WIPs and Finals in the finals thread of the team ChOW.

Who does what

Sunday April 5 - Yoitisi: Additional write-up of the characters, more in depth story and link with our chosen background/world.
    Monday April 6 - All: Moodboards and inspiration that forms the visual guide and backbone of our style, as well as the first sketches to explore the topic."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That yoitisi, so neat!
    Timetable will be set fersher soon, we're going post apocalyptic/cyberstuff but not steampunkish just have to assign who does who. we'll work out the designs while posting wips and have enough input to finalize everything for final renders too. Final tweaking also to make the pieces cohesive look-wise and style-wise Keep it up team mates!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    eeeek!
    Working on the sage.
    Erased waaaay more than I should
    tomorrow, I'm gonna make copies and just try to put clothes on her :|

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sung-jae Kim: looking good already dude! love the face, has that distant look about it which really fit the the brief! keep it up!

I am away for a couple of days now, got an art school interview further down the Uk, will be taking a sketchbook and my laptop so will be doing lots of drawings for this while i am there, just letting you all know in case you thought i was being lazy ha ha ha

be back wednesday with some sketches to upload

All the best

Alex

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    erm so been playing around with this sketch i started the other day, useable? not sure who it could be, hero maybe?

let me know what u think so far though

i will keep messing with it in the meantime

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think we need to start from scratch to get a much better idea of what our setting/genre is. (with those mood boards and whatnot)
    Let's try to post moodboard/basic thumbnails by sunday or so? :|

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah ok, will get mah google on

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So here's my 2 cents. dwinbotp says we're rollin' with the "post apocalyptic/cyberstuff" setting. Now I'm not to partial with the whole "cyberstuff" idea, but (and I'm sure we all agree) we need to get going on this quickly if we're going to make the deadline with some bad ass art. To establish a setting and a look/mood for the characters is vital at this stage. My suggestion would be to post some images of things that would be similar to the setting that we've already established "post apocalyptic/cyberstuff." Now mind you these are just for inspiration and a visual guide to how we would like are setting/characters to portray. Once we've come to a definite conclusion on the look then we should start thumbnailing/working out the characters assigned us be dwinbotp. This should be quick and rough (obviously varying with experience and skill level). dwinbotp's intial sketches are a great example of this. I am currently working on The Protector and am hoping to have some rough variations of this character done by tomorrow night. I will post some images that portray the look of the setting that I'm thinking soon.

Also, I think everyone's work is looking good, we're just lacking in the "similar view of the setting/characters" department. Once we get a grasp on that I think it'll all go a lot easier.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I apologize guys for not showing up these past few days, I'm still battling a terrible flu right now. as for mood and atmosphere settings, here's a sample or two of it. and more sand on everything as well. as for people and attire, it's more like MAD Max . keep it up guys, I'll get back to good form in a few.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay here's some google reference images of stuff knocking around in my head.

I also was thinking of the Judge Dredd Movie (especially the part where he's out in the waist land). Hope this helps guys!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yup darkly, that's it, here's another rough sketch up of the previous designs, really rough but i hope it helps, now it's high time for us to make them better! see you guys in a few when my flu lets up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    badass! Ghost reporting for duty

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can't sleep, this is going to kill me LOL.
    Did some head studies, I'm doing the heroine so I happen to add more details into her. The others will follow.

Last edited by dwinbotp; April 9th, 2009 at 07:25 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *shrugs and hides* really like the protector and the sage! think the shadow looks too clean tbh, does not look very experienced or weathered ya know, still good image though. I like the heroine, I think that playing up the fact she could have a dark history is an interesting concept to play with, like the mark on her head thats a good direction, I thought about the sage and the hero having similar marks, as in the brief it mentions a a connection tha sage has with her, maybe they are of the same race or family before "the accident"

awesome update from ur death bed dwin, get well soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    EEek, thanks for these, I think I have a better idea of what to do.
    Hope you feel better dwinbotp

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sage wip?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wanted to drop by and say good luck guys! C:

Website | Blog | deviantART | CGHub

Every blessing ignored becomes a curse. - Paulo Coelho

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Ciaee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Ciaee

Hey guys, this is what I have so far, let me know which parts you like and which parts you don't so i can further develop them
    I think I'll try out the rabble rouser eeeeeek. Expect something on Thursday.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looking good here dark yellow ghost robot.

gelling well, good continuity of scene, looks like all the wips and ideas do relate within your world.

that yoitsi eh, such organisational prowess.

looking forward to seeing more peeps

Here is my Sketchbook. Please have a look if you have time. Thanks.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=119105

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks UCT

Er, forgot to post this yesterday, A LOT of work to be done, doesn't really fit the description at the moment, I'll work on it some more.
    Would like to hear feedback and see what you guys are up to

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work so far guys. I really like what you're designing. Nice and clean design and a great setting. Keep it up

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.