Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks

Random 1 – CHOW Team

Team Random 1 is AhChu, ¿Dubious?, Lostlimeturtle and me, skorpi

Lostlimeturtle worked out our time magement:

DEADLINES

Monday April 6th: Preliminaries: Theme, setting and era set up. Characters divided amongst team members and sub teams made for the collaborations.

Individual character
    Wednesday April 8th: Visual presentation: Mood boards, references for the world and characters.
    Tuesday April 14th: First sketches and idea’s: First sketches, thumbnails, research for your own character.
    Wednesday April 15th: Start final drawing: Take the first sketches and idea’s into a final sketch.
    Monday April 20th: Start color: Scan the sketch and start adding colors and complete the character.

Collaboration character
    Wednesday April 15th: First sketches and idea’s: First sketches, thumbnails, research for the collaboration character. (Together)
    Thursday April 16th: Start final drawing: Take the first sketches and idea’s into a final sketch. (Sketcher)
    Wednesday April 22nd: Start color: Scan the sketch and start adding colors and complete the character. (Color applicator)

Tuesday April 28th: Completion: Have every character complete and send to Lostlimeturtle.

Presentation
    Wednesday April 29th:
    Present characters: Make every character presentable and submit to the FINAL thread. (Lostlimeturtle)

Thursday April 30th: DEADLINE.--

STETTING

We write the Year 2209. It's raining all the time but people don't have to go out. Technology is important, nothing works without. Big skycraper citys, a worldwide digital world you can visit every real place and may new ones. Big long cable hang aroud overall to make it possible. In exchange, people dont travel often in real. (they are boring, so I think, our protagonists wouldn't be like them)
    On the other side a lot of poor people travelling around, seraching for jobs, food and a place, they can stay. They are branded by the settled people as lazy thiefs, scalawags and terrorists.

So the Outsides building groups. Reined by a few Magicans called "the hidden ones" because they stay behind drapery. Nobody exept the samurais (loyal fighters) know how they look like. In reality they are full body cyborgs with only the brain left. Able to do magic because thex can use the energy a normal body needs for magic (not so important, how it really works)
    They all have a lot of guardians called samurai, strong fighters with a suicide mechanism controlling they didn't betray their master.

Ordinary traveller are under protection of a "hidden one" and pay for it.

CHARACTERS:
    Who made wich and Colaboration teams:

The Hero Lostlimeturtle and skorpi

The Shadow AhChu

The Protector AhChu and ¿Dubious?

The Sage ¿Dubious?

The Technician Lostlimeturtle

The Rabble Rouser skorpi

REFERENCE

http://www.archangel-studios.com/comics/redstar/
    Last edited by skorpi; April 7th, 2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Update
    Forgive me my bad english

my sketchbook and my homepage

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    WOOP WOOP
    I swear there's a reason we're number 1.

Thanks
    Lostlimeturtle made our time management. I hope it's ok to everyone.

AhChu is offline Be not afraid of learning slowly, be afraid of standing still.
    Thanks
    Hey guys sorry Ive been away in wellington for the weekend so just catching up now, just adding you guys to msn now. just gonna have a quick read of the brief and get uptodate then will post some thoughts. Great to be working with ya's on this

Thanks
    Hey guys, really sorry for the late reply Ive bee naway for the weekend so that meant no CA will make it up to ya's.
    Just a brief intro my name is Jayson and I work full time at a advertising agency doing graphic design and over the last 2yrs getting back into my drawing.
    I work digital in Photoshop and have a Wacom, I think since Im the bung one for timezones Ill be using the team sketch book heaps for communication ( awesome in setting it up by the way) but will also have msn going if you want to abuse me

Im totally down with sci-Fi theme, I think if the is a preferable character ya wanna do let us know, and from there we can divy the sub group characters up.

Just reading the ideas you have come up with already sounds good, I get an overall feel like ghost in the shell / blade runner thing going on

Ideas -

Hero - Could of been a courier or mobile safe for the Cartel. Dumping memories for storage space. Containing top secret infomation ( KFC secret herbs and spicies etc.) imbued with a few advance cybernetics abilities

Shadow - Comes across as her bodyguard, purhaps worked for another cartel and is helping her in her journey to retrieve the lost infomation which he also needs for whatever reason
    Advanced cybernetics

Protector - Found Hero after her meltdown, and is trying trying to help the poor girl out..maybe reminds him/her of a sister they had lost earlier in their life.
    samuri like character, know alot of the world. proberly an old character in the late 40's purhaps

sage could fit in with your HIDDEN ONE idea, could be cool

Thats all ive got so far bout characters stories
    as far as setting I'm loving the raining all the time
    purhaps cities are over polluted and its always dark and raining, no plants and the like.

Thanks
    I like your idea's Jayson. I've also sent you all a PM with some thought how to get started and such. I think this is really gonna be good

Thanks
    Heya guys im linking the Shadow at the mo, seems like a cool, but if anyone else wantes to do it let me know coz all of them seem funky...but the main character freaks me out
    character...actually all of them seem pretty sweet. as far sa the "Magic" is in the topic have a look at www.theredstar they have these characters that cast through technology..its pretty cool. will start looking for mood images to compile for ideas and refs on character and enviro

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi AhChu

I like your ideas and thanks for the link. I like the style of the artwork.
    I post the setting later, if nobody want to change it.

Thanks
    Just a small summary:

The Characters
    The Hero - No designer
    The Shadow - AhChu
    The Protector - No designer
    The Sage - No designer
    The Technician - Lostlimeturtle
    The Rabble Rouser - skorpi

Collaboration teams (Due to timezone)
    Team A: AhChu and ¿Dubious?
    Team B: skorpi and Lostlimeturtle

If you're okay with it and all, we can start looking for some references for the characters we picked. You can post them here if you want to. It also would be nice to search for visual material of the world we're designing the characters into. The official deadline is Wednesday, but forgive me on being so picky. I just want to get started soon! xD

Thanks
    Update in the first post.
    Pherhaps one of the native speaker can correct my mistakes.

Now, I'm going to think about my character

Thanks
    sounds good, will be posting up references tonight after work

Thanks
    Here are some of my mood board images for inspiration plus a lttle speed paint that I did tonight, just playing with their enviro Ive been looking at Katsuhiro Otomo for a style of characters ( He did Akira and Steamboy etc.) its really nice and might render at well. Let me know what you guys think..if im not on the right track someone please bitch slap me

Thanks
    try agian >

Thanks
    Giant Power station in the middle of a city

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast