CA could use some quick help! Puhleeeeze.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 11,066 Times in 2,619 Posts
    Follows
    Following

CA could use some quick help! Puhleeeeze.

Heya everyone,

I am working hard to get the site optimized and sped up, as well as upgrading to the latest technologies. CA need some help from members who can take a moment and try to use the test forums to see if there are bugs I cannot find myself.

We need to try anything related to the forums in the test site. ie uploading images..making a thread in the diff forums...sending pm...anything the forums does. Please see below if you don't mind lending us a hand.

The latest version available (vBulletin 3.8.1 Patch Level 1) is installed on
    a test database(concept_test) and a test folder (forums3). This you can be find it at :

http://www.conceptart.org/forums3

I need help with checking of this test version of site. Please take a look and tell me if you see any problems - anything what is suspicious.
    Also I check the upgraded version too.
    Would be ideal to test each page, each process : registration, new post, reply post ... etc.

Note: Please take care to stau in test version .../forums3/... Only the forum pages stay there. Others - gallery, search, ... - working only with production version. This piece we can be test it only when
    we will switch to the newest version. The idea is to short as much as possible this time.

Is very important to observe the problems now, before to make the upgrade on production site.

If all is ok I can run the upgrade procedures of upgrade on production site in order to have the latest version of VBulletin online.

There are many new things, but some of them will help us with our problems directly. Improvements of this version to note:
    1. the registration process has the "human checking" procedure : so a robot will not be able to register anymore;

http://www.conceptart.org/forums3/register.php >> check "I have agree..." >> Register >> will see a new section "Image verification";

On this way we can UnInstall module : Is Bot: Registration Time Check if this module is used only for prevent robots registration;
    This module will perform many checks, to very small time interval to have results. In conclusion it can be a resource consumer.

Thanks everyone! Please post any bugs found here. We are in the databases fixing this stuff now and any help is HUGELY appreciated.

J

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Log out, log in and browsing all seems to be A-okay for me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No thumbnails in front of posts
    list of thanked posts not available anymore in user CP
    Reload this page icon a red X

other basic functionality seems good so far

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The test forum is slower for me. Just testing by going into different subforums, and it takes longer.
    No thumbnails for the threads
    Other than that, no bugs that I can see so far.

My Sketchbook

frazmctag@gmail.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So far the new forum is quite slow, and the thumbnails aren't working on the side of the topic name.

When I posted two pictures, they were shrunken down and are linked to another page. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a new feature though.

I couldn't seem to get polls working either. After I clicked the box no options came up for the poll.

It felt nice to post in the "IT'S FINALLY FINSIHED" section.

"Wake up. Work hard. Stop being a loser." -Dave Rapoza

[ DeviantArt Gallery ] :: [ Inexorable Artistry ] :: [ CA Sketchbook ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When I clicked on one thumb in the Critique Center, it jumped me back to the thread page when I used my scroll wheel. Also clicking on someone's 'Last Page' doesn't always take me to the last page. For example in Fearlessfosdick's thread, I only got to page 9.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The speed seemed normal to me. I uploaded and image and it displays an image that isn't the one I uploaded.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums3/sh...=1#post2175964

It should be a texture tile, not a little girl.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does testing include forum mod functions?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You tune embedding worked fine and linking to an offsite url.

Unattached images are correct, but displaying as tiny thumbnails that you then have to open with the image viewer.

Attached images don't seem correspond to the ones I uploaded. They're also showing up as small thumbnails (probably not what we want) and when I click them the image loader locks up.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums3/sh...66#post2175966

Last edited by Jasonwclark; April 4th, 2009 at 03:24 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i checked it out and couldn't find any. Are we getting back the cool photomob/kei hacker/pinkness color scheme options again in this version?

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So I keep getting a ' You answered the NoSpam! question incorrectly. Please reevaluate your answer or, if you found yourself unable to answer it, you can refresh for another question if the administrator has enabled multiple questions. If you find yourself repeatedly unable to answer the NoSpam! questions, please contact the forum administration.' when I try to register or search, but I don't see a NoSpam! question at all.

Name:  CARegister.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  20.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm testing on a Mac:

On Profiles, there are tiny pics, I think they're supposed to be arrows, that aren't loading.

Name:  Bild 3.png
Views: 592
Size:  6.3 KB Name:  Bild 4.png
Views: 599
Size:  35.1 KB

Might be a problem of my internet connection...

Some of the pictures in the Sketchbooks - the ones that aren't outsidehosted - are smaller than they used to be. They're linked, but if I click them, the window darkens and my statusbar says, that its loading/waiting for one object to load, but nothing happens...
    If I do a ctrl click (remeber: mac user) and open the links in a new window, the picture appears in its normal size. If i do an  click on the links, wich should open them in a new window, it won't open a new one, but it darkens the old one instead, just like when I do a normal click on the small pictures as described above.
    Also, if I scroll up and down after the screen has darkened, only the part I saw when clicking on the image is dark, the rest of the thread remained in its usual colors.

Just describing what I see, as I don't know what I should see.

Maybe its not a problem of the page, but of my computer... perhaps another Mac user could check that...

EDIT: Huh, okay, I checked another thread and its working there... But not for all of the pictures. And really slow. And sometimes the little blue question mark shows up first and after like 10 seconds the picture shows up.
    I'm a little confused... sorry.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All attachments appear to be loading as thumbnails, and the image viewer is clunky.

I sort of like the usability of the image viewer - it needs pre-loading, though.

MY SKETCHBOOK IS AWESOME
    karmiclychee.net

EAT EARTH, DIG DEEP, DRINK WATER, GO TO SLEEP, YOU SHOULD NOT BE WAKING.
    Peepul: Tulokyn :: Nakhon :: Deadlyhazard :: raminafshafari
    :: Mr. Magic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK, I hope you still want input:

Name:  ca_bug_1.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  240.5 KB

The sent message count is correct, though.

bart

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bartdeco
    test site data is frm a few weeks ago. Any PMs from more recent
    aren,t on there.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig D For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wilson View Post
    Does testing include forum mod functions?
    I would think you should. The later vb versions have a lot better inline modding. For example, instead of just having to go through finding all posts then deleting them from a spammer. The new versions ask if you'd like to delete as Spam, then the next option is to find all that person's other posts and ban the account.

Jason, we're hitting a cookie conflict with the two forums. I would suggest naming the forum cookie to a different one on forums 3 until testing is done. Otherwise we're constantly logging in and out.

The list of thanked posts just needs to be re-introduced in the forum member templates. You could also have it as a drop down in each person's username (on the forum threading) - it used to be there but was removed at one point.

I'll try to do more thorough testing in the next couple of days if that's ok.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,066 Times in 2,619 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    I would think you should. The later vb versions have a lot better inline modding. For example, instead of just having to go through finding all posts then deleting them from a spammer. The new versions ask if you'd like to delete as Spam, then the next option is to find all that person's other posts and ban the account.

Jason, we're hitting a cookie conflict with the two forums. I would suggest naming the forum cookie to a different one on forums 3 until testing is done. Otherwise we're constantly logging in and out.

The list of thanked posts just needs to be re-introduced in the forum member templates. You could also have it as a drop down in each person's username (on the forum threading) - it used to be there but was removed at one point.

I'll try to do more thorough testing in the next couple of days if that's ok.

Please be more specific regarding the thanked post issue...Im not sure what you mean. Then again it is three thirty in the morning. Thanks for checking on this.

j

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think that Arshes means the link on each person's profile to the list of their Thanked Posts. For example, Jason your link is here: http://conceptart.org/forums/post_th...thanks&u=11724

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    Please be more specific regarding the thanked post issue...Im not sure what you mean. Then again it is three thirty in the morning. Thanks for checking on this.

j
    Not a problem Jason,

Ok, the "Find All Thanked Posts by X user" used to be in two places. One is where Jake Korbin mentioned was the Member's page. You view that user's Profile and it gave you handy links like all their posts, a homepage and other information.

The second place which was removed is a postbit template in VB, it actually shows up as a drop down.

CA could use some quick help!  Puhleeeeze.

This feature doesn't show up in all browsers like Google Chrome (something how Chrome processes the page is the reason you don't see this for any wondering). Firefox and I believe IE will show this. I can't remember if Opera did, but I'll check.

One other thing about that postbit, I had been pondering and meaning to bring up to you is when you upgrade the forums, is that it should be easier to add in more miscellaneous fields to a user profile. We (as in Concept Art) should take advantage of that. For example, why not have a User Profile addition of adding a person's sketchbook to their profile? Not only could it show up on the user Profile, it can be fairly easy to access it through the postbit dropdown shown above.

I think it can even show up as fields people can just simply look at, like looking at a memberlist. The drawback to this kind of browsing is the memberlist size.

In addition, I noticed a Podcast option on the newer VB, that may help integrate the podcasts with the forum too.

Last edited by Arshes Nei; April 5th, 2009 at 05:21 AM. Reason: It's 2am here I need to get some damn sleep

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dunno if it has anything to do with putting up the test forum, but on the original forum, it's going all crazy with which threads I have read and which I haven't read. It might be that the threads just aren't updating properly on the not read function or something? O.o

Not that it's a problem or anything except for clicking into threads I've already read every now and then, just thought I'd let you know

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    IDW thread:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums3/sh...75971&posted=1

Poll works fine, but I got some weirdness in the next post:

Name:  ca_bug_2.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  108.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    one little bug to squish...

I'm not logged on but observing that the thumbnail images next to threads are not showing up. and usually is 'X'ed out.

The pic is from the lounge where Craig posted a couple of pics... Found this to be also true in the finally finished section.

I'll see if I can't help you all out any more.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Jason, checking the forums again for other improvements. I wanted to note I found another version that is less resource hammering than the current "Is Bot" plugin/mod I have in. I'll email you the details on it because it has some additional plugins that can be handy.

Jason, do you mind if I use the old DB capture on that test forum you have up to "tear shit up" (checking mass modding options, etc?)

I change the other forum cookie too?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.