Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

TEAM CHOW: The Wild Wild Weird Sisters!

Howdy, ma'am! The Weird Sisters (dream-sear, Mercuralis, Phuriedae, and Thrivis) are gonna tackle "Mythical Creatures Meet the Wild Wild West." Once Upon a High Noon? Yeah, just like that!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by quickreaver; April 5th, 2009 at 08:32 PM.
    “The moment you think you understand a great work of art, it's dead for you.”~Oscar Wilde
    My Inglorious Portfolio!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks
    So! We had our first official pow-wow over Meebo, after a week of brainstorming and sketching independently. We already had our theme in place, so we threw all the critters together and picked the imagery/back-story we dug, combining ideas and filling in the blanks.

Colors and MoodBoard:

We decided on a backdrop, divvied up the characters to polish the various poses/details/sketching, and set up a second 'meeting' for Friday. We intend to pass everything around, including the background, in the hopes that all Sisters will touch and fondle and love upon every single piece. Oh! And Mercuralis cooked us up a logo...she's one hip sistah!

“The moment you think you understand a great work of art, it's dead for you.”~Oscar Wilde
    My Inglorious Portfolio!

Thanks
    Posting some of my initial sketches for various characters. We each drew two to four of the characters, depending on what appealed to us. Since we already had the time period and theme nailed down, that helped a lot.

I sketched four of the six. Some of these will be merged with other people's designs to create the final characters.

Thanks
    These are newer than the original sketches I did... Combining some things from Merc's tech with my own. :o

Thanks
    More sketchery! Tomorrow shall bring a new and improved Shadow...amongst other goodies. We should have a background/setting/story cooked up, and refined critters, at that point. Weird Powah!

My Inglorious Portfolio!

Thanks
    My original sketches for the Hero, the Shadow, and a half finished idea for the Protector. Now I'm working on refining the ideas for my assigned characters, having done my share of the background earlier this week!

Thanks
    It's really been helpful using Meebo to chat and do a lot of our discussion... but I sometimes feel like we're leaving out info here.

So last week, after we played around with the character concepts and decided on which direction we were going with them and developed some backstories for each of them, we then divvied them up so that each character has a Lead Artist who then sketched them out more fully. We also worked together to create a common background.

That background is now being cut up so that each character can be painted against it seperately, and we'll be combining them into a group shot at the end.

This week we'll be starting the major work on the characters. Lead Artists are in charge of finishing up the drawings and developing colors etc. and beginning the painting, but every character will eventually be passed to all four of us so that we can merge our styles.

Thanks
    Looking awesome so far girls! Not sure I'm feeling as much of a wild west vibe from the sorcereress/mage as I am from the others... but they all look pretty awesome so far. The rabble rouser's face sketch is awesome Mel, btw, he has bags of character.

Thanks
    She's supposed to come from another country* (in this case, plane of being?) Anyway, her dress has some native american influences worked in, and likely will develop a few more as we go. Fringing and beading, and lots of feathers. Hard to tell in the first sketch, and harder still against the background, I guess.

Thanks
    I agree; the Rabble Rouser is adorable...just wait until Mel gets his hair did. I'm a sucker for red-heads!

My Inglorious Portfolio!

Thanks
    UPDATERY! The characters are being passed from person to person , for improvement (we've got a schedule worked out), so here's the Shadow's current make-over. I LURV him! It's wonderful to see him evolve, and I'm learning so much from Melissa (Mercuralis). Yayness!

My Inglorious Portfolio!

Thanks
    A more full update on the Shadow, since I just sent him off to Louisa to work on for the next three days and am about to get the Technician to play with. Here's where I left off on the Shadow:

Thanks
    An update on the Sage and the Rabble Rouser. I've had them for three days, after Melissa (the lead artist) and last night/this morning I passed them on to Erika. I didn't have as much time as I'd have liked to work on these and wish I'd been able to contribute a bit more. I'm loving this challenge, but I'm finding it a new experience in that A) they will be going to three other people after me, so they don't have to be anywhere near finished - I will get my turn at polishing - and B) I have to let go after three days. I found myself getting attached to the characters and my ideas for them. It's interesting!

Next stage for me - the Shadow!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1