Dell Monitor & Cintiq Color Calibration
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Dell Monitor & Cintiq Color Calibration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Dell Monitor & Cintiq Color Calibration

I was wondering if anyone can help me out on this. My cintiq and laptop screen display things with very different saturation. Something I paint on my cintiq, especially if it had warm tones, looks gray and cool and sometimes yellowish on my regular monitor. Someone told me that's a common thing with Dell monitors and there's not much you can do about it, but I was curious if anyone has figured out a good solution to work around this. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    why not get a calibration tool like xrite or spyder.

For me, I bought Xrite It's a great tool specially if you want to print and not be disappointed
    with the output of the colors compared to your monitor.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Noia, you need to setup the same color temperature on your laptop and cintiq. the default must be 6500K. if the colors are warmer (more redish), the temperature is lower, like 5000K. but if cooler (more bluesh) - the temp is higher like 8000K.

so dig inside monitor settings (both cintiq and laptop must have it) and setup on both the same color temp. if it's not working the only way is to follow test8025's advice.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to teho For This Useful Post:

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Noia View Post
    I was wondering if anyone can help me out on this. My cintiq and laptop screen display things with very different saturation. Something I paint on my cintiq, especially if it had warm tones, looks gray and cool and sometimes yellowish on my regular monitor. Someone told me that's a common thing with Dell monitors and there's not much you can do about it, but I was curious if anyone has figured out a good solution to work around this. Thanks!
    I'd not trust your laptop screen that much
    my toshiba laptop had pretty shitty manufacturer's defaults, and those were really hard to get rid of;
    if you're really concerned, try to
    a) make a few test prints of your work and check which screen is displaying stuff closer to prints;
    b) get it calibrated (a good calibrator will be around $ 200 +, but some photolabs may help you with calibration);
    I'm not sure if laptops have colour temperature settings - my didn't, at least.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.