Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Thanks
    Unbelievable work!!!

I sooooo love the cheetah! I cant imagine what it takes to build one!

Earhole Bongsplat

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    haha/...

I just lov the elephant...co rude and accurate...

Also, I love your moon imagination and wprk created accopmoniing him))))

Great!

keep oit up!

Thanks
    These are all rediculously epic, I love how they are functional too, awesome.
    Freelance/general inquiries @: Natzuur@gmail.com

Thanks
    This is an armored, submarine hunting, vacuum dirigible/low-voltage chandelier based on Lordvenom's spectacular creation "Queen Gertrude II" which can be found here
    http://lordvenom05.deviantart.com/ar...e-II-124027070
    And here's his Sketchbook on ConceptArt
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=182781

The barrel shaped thingies on the sides are sub-killing depth charges and the detachable nose spike/harpoon is there to fend off other armored dirigibles. If you look closely you can see there are a couple different hot swappable target specific harpoons attached to the upper deck

She's pretty big, about 48 inches long and about 30 pounds, I made her for an upcoming show at "Nemo’s Steampunk Art & Invention Gallery" in Foxboro, MA.

Attachment 1052050

Attachment 1052051

Attachment 1052052

Attachment 1052053

Thanks
    dude that is soo cool, always loved ur stuff.

Thanks
    Your work is absolutely incredible. I would seriously love to read your Timmy book. I hope there's a place I can buy it when it's finished!

Thanks
    I think i fell in love with "Timmy", really inspiring during his adventures with the giraffe
    Its just amazing that they all can move as well as look so awesome!

Thanks
    Here's the latest, this one took FOREVER to build.

I'm not quite sure where the horse fits in the "Timmyverse", if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Vital stats - 26" high at the shoulder, 37" long, weighs about 55 pounds.

Made out of used transmission parts, electrical conduit, 1/4 rod and 20 gauge steel. All joints rotate and lock in place.

As always all comments and (pertinent ) criticisms are appreciated

Regards
    Andrew

Attachment 1106392

Attachment 1106393

Attachment 1106394

Attachment 1106395

Attachment 1106397

Attachment 1106400

Attachment 1106407
    Last edited by andrewchase; November 21st, 2010 at 07:45 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to andrewchase For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I don't have much to offer in the way of constructive criticism, and instead mainly wanted to post to express my admiration for your work. I think your stuff is incredible, and I have not seen anything like it . The original feel I get from your work makes it that much more enjoyable.

If I *had* to offer something, it would be regarding the tail of your latest creation, the horse. I think the horse looks amazing, and love how accurate the way you have captured motion feels. When you change poses by bending joints, it seems like you really nailed the anatomy, which blows my mind. Such a subtle but very cool detail. Having said that, I think that might be why the tail bothers me ever so slightly. I am envisaging an actual tail constructed out of real-looking hair (or real horse hair...which may be hard to acquire I have no idea) and in my mind's eye it sits better with me. Could be because as you would bend the horse to new positions, a tail made out of hair (or whatever) would "droop" or fall according to gravity, which would look more real. One man's opinion though, and any detraction I get from the tail is massively outweighed by the rest of it.

Thanks for sharing! I would love to grab a copy of your book about Timmy and the giraffe.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Smegma Soldier For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    AMAZING! You have all the technical elements of art with the mind of an Engineer! I'd like to see you do a Transformer... Bet it would be rediculous! LOL!

Do you just see these in your mind and then execute?

Thanks
    HULKFish - "Do you just see these in your mind and then execute?"
    I WISH The first thing I do is draw a full scale skeleton and a body outline to make sure I get the joint placement right. Once I get The basic shape roughed out and everything's more or less balanced, I just wing it and figure stuff out as I build.

Smegma Soldier - Thanks for the input, you may have a good point about the tail being not quite right. Regarding your idea about using metal wire of horse hair for the tail, that was my first thought as well. I made the first tail out of wire rope but it just didn't look right so that's not the answer. I think I'm going to put a couple more joints in the tail so it will hang more naturally. Hopefully that will take care of the issue.

Regards
    Andrew

Attachment 1109623

Attachment 1109626

15. The Following User Says Thank You to andrewchase For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Wow. You art is 100% awesome packed. I love it. And being able to see the run cycles on the cheetah and horse take it to a new level. You truly are a master of your craft. I'm kind of bummed to see that Timmy is not an actual book yet, I want one when it is and I hope you are pursuing that because I am sure there is a publisher somewhere that would take it on. I look forward to updates.
    "As artists, we are the scintilla of universal creativity. In alignment with the Cosmic Order, in a natural flow of our own uniqueness, vision takes form. Whether we create for "right livelihood" or for our own personal enjoyment, the practice of art can be a healing force. To feel healthy and whole we connect with and manifest the visions of our essence." ~ Alex Grey

Thanks
    your stuff are some of the coolest and most awesome work Ive ever seen! I really do mean that. I just saw the giraff at first and though wow this is very good, and then the elephant and I though WOW, and the wow's just kept coming. I cant believe how you made all these things but they are so really damn cool.

Would love a stop motion movie or some like that with your creations. keep it up
    Cheers/ your friend PMB

"Painting my brain with memories of the future"
    Pencil and brush is my choice of weapons!

My Sketchbook!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177145&page=8

Thanks
    Your work is completely astounding, proper eye-gasumed all over your page, sorry but nice work, loving the tank! and the advance to battle! brilliant work!!

Thanks
    Next project... life size articulated Terminator! OK... cliche maybe but I'd love to see a real one.

Work, as always, is fantastic... animation you've done just goes to prove your talent not only in building these but understanding the mechanics/motion as well.

Really thinking you need a couple 100K or more to build some oversized kinetic sculptures in a public park... these are mesmerizing.

LOVE the detail on the horse face, especially because we can see your labour/decisions in each mark. Gorgeous...

Wacomitis - fear of an empty bank account.

PORTFOLIO

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast